2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

We need to get 11% closer before tomorrow! Someone Texas' basketball record the last 5 years!!!

Why can't dad win out here?!! Lol. It seems when the parent wants us the kid doesn't and vice versa but we never win these type of battles. It rarely goes our way. The other side who we haven't won over gets their way. Please please can we have one of these recruitments bounce our way?!!  We are due and are owed another 5 star this class!!! Lol. Fearing the worst. Hoping for the best. Praying for a miracle!!! Haha

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Why can't dad win out here?!! Lol. It seems when the parent wants us the kid doesn't and vice versa but we never win these type of battles. It rarely goes our way. The other side who we haven't won over gets their way. Please please can we have one of these recruitments bounce our way?!!  We are due and are owed another 5 star this class!!! Lol. Fearing the worst. Hoping for the best. Praying for a miracle!!! Haha

His better option to grow his brand is at AU. That's been the focus of most of his recruitment, is how he can grow his brand for the NBA. Texas doesn't do that for him as much as AU IMO

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hard to imagine that he turns that kind of money. Got the feeling that these late rumors or college might be an 11th hour negotiation tactic to get the best deal possible. Or at least that’s what I going to convince myself of until tomorrow afternoon. 

1 hour ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Hard to imagine that he turns that kind of money. Got the feeling that these late rumors or college might be an 11th hour negotiation tactic to get the best deal possible. Or at least that’s what I going to convince myself of until tomorrow afternoon. 

I just wish Shaka had just got fired like he was supposed to. Him lasting one more season only just prevents us from getting GB3 if he goes to college.

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I just wish Shaka has just got fired like he was supposed to. Him lasting one more season only just prevents us from getting GB3 if he goes to college.

I just don’t know why they still doubt Pearl. 

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

It's not that, these guys are also recruited by Calipari, Jay Wright, everyone, so there's reasons to them bigger than only being NBA bound or NCAA tourney guaranteed

32 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's not that, these guys are also recruited by Calipari, Jay Wright, everyone, so there's reasons to them bigger than only being NBA bound or NCAA tourney guaranteed

Lol since when do we recruit against jay wright. And this recruitment is against Shaka NIT smart

Now I'm starting to have dreams of Brown in orange and blue again. I know it's a long shot, but the fact that he's apparently still seriously considering playing college ball gives me hope.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol since when do we recruit against jay wright. And this recruitment is against Shaka NIT smart

? That's not what I got from the earlier post, that he was only talking about Greg and his camp doubting Bruce. I was speaking to the mental aspect of recruits not always choosing the best coach for em

35 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Now I'm starting to have dreams of Brown in orange and blue again. I know it's a long shot, but the fact that he's apparently still seriously considering playing college ball gives me hope.

IDK if whoever Coach Jboy's source is is going to be right in the end, but in the episode he linked earlier above, the father prefers Auburn and the father is supposedly making the decision, per the source

Even with that being the case, the croot still has his chance to nix his dad when its gametime. I feel like there's very few instances of a parent really being resentful over a kid going a different way, and I'd hope Greg understands that, from a personal POV

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

? That's not what I got from the earlier post, that he was only talking about Greg and his camp doubting Bruce. I was speaking to the mental aspect of recruits not always choosing the best coach for em

Your right with the way I worded the post and i am still partially surprised more recruits dont seem to be bought into what Bruce is doing here, for whatever reason.  Gwill was also right in that I said that due to the thought of choosing Shaka over Bruce. Guess we will see what happens today. 

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Who’s saying they are? That statement doesn’t seem to follow in this conversation.

It hasn’t been said much throughout his recruitment but if Greg Brown chooses Texas the only logical thing I can think of is that being close to home was a bigger factor to him than has ever been reported.

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

IDK if whoever Coach Jboy's source is is going to be right in the end, but in the episode he linked earlier above, the father prefers Auburn and the father is supposedly making the decision, per the source

Even with that being the case, the croot still has his chance to nix his dad when its gametime. I feel like there's very few instances of a parent really being resentful over a kid going a different way, and I'd hope Greg understands that, from a personal POV

Jboy is still predicting Texas. That hasn't changed.

If Greg signes with Texas, he'll soon grow tired of playing for the NIT cause that's the best Shaka can ever do. Meanwhile, Bruce has Auburn in the big Dance.

26 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If Greg signes with Texas, he'll soon grow tired of playing for the NIT cause that's the best Shaka can ever do. Meanwhile, Bruce has Auburn in the big Dance.

He’s only gotta do it for one year. Unfortunately, it’s hard to see Texas in the big dance even with Brown. I’m not sure he’ll ever get to play in the NCAA Tourney if he goes there. 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

He’s likely only going to be in college one year so I don’t think it matters much to him.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He’s likely only going to be in college one year so I don’t think it matters much to him.

That's why I don't understand most of the posts second-guessing these decisions. Doesn't seem like one year would make or break these guys. 

I’m hoping brown finds merit in CBP tutelage and that the last 2 of our #3 position has been drafted in first round.  He can shoot to be 3 in a row ...

the question for them ... will a year of college with auburn increase his draft stock/endorsements more than $300,000?  It probably did for Okoro.

Greg Brown wastes his talent by going to a crappy Texas

Archived