2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

That was the shortest amount of time I've ever followed someone on Instagram 

Seriously a bad call. Glad he didn’t go to the G League but go to a competitive program. Hate that we missed on him and Green. 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Seriously a bad call. Glad he didn’t go to the G League but go to a competitive program. Hate that we missed on him and Green. 

Eh, one year. Won't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, unless he's not self motivated. 

And his folks will have a 30 minute drive home to their own beds after home games.  Never mind the opportunity to be BMOC in Austin freakin' Texas. 

So we were 3rd for Brown and for Green. And Brown didn't go G league. Therefore, the G league is not our bogeyman. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Eh, one year. Won't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, unless he's not self motivated. 

And his folks will have a 30 minute drive home to their own beds after home games.  Never mind the opportunity to be BMOC in Austin freakin' Texas. 

So we were 3rd for Brown and for Green. And Brown didn't go G league. Therefore, the G league is not our bogeyman. 

Still concerning we couldn’t pull either. We should have all the momentum in the world to land a kid like this. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Still concerning we couldn’t pull either. We should have all the momentum in the world to land a kid like this. 

I wonder if Green was the domino for Brown. 

As for concern, I'm just not there yet, but I'm still not invested in hoops to the "true fan" level that you guys are. And that is a serious comment, no sarcasm. 

I'm curious to see what happens with Green and the G League now. I thought the team was supposed to include 5-6 guys from 2020 class, with GB being the next big signee?

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)
38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wonder if Green was the domino for Brown. 

As for concern, I'm just not there yet, but I'm still not invested in hoops to the "true fan" level that you guys are. And that is a serious comment, no sarcasm. 

Such a shame loof. You are missing out. And that sound you hear is my heart breaking. That's no sarcasm either!! Lol

The battle for the soul of Auburn is here. You would be a great ally on team Bruce for the bball crew over the Gus bus sunshine pumpers who embrace 4 losses and mediocrity!!! Hahahaha.

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lol come on looooofy. No basketball player is ever going to be bmoc in Austin!!! You know this maaaaaan. If Kevin Durant couldn't do it no one caaaan!!! Haha.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That's why I don't understand most of the posts second-guessing these decisions. Doesn't seem like one year would make or break these guys. 

Simple we are biased!!! Duhhhhhh. Hahaha. And plus it's a little logic spliced in. Same reason we question why any highly rated WR keeps coming here we wonder why any top dude wouldn't want to come play for bruuuuuuce. He takes top 40- 50 guys and turns them in to first rounders.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol come on looooofy. No basketball player is ever going to be bmoc in Austin!!! You know this maaaaaan. If Kevin Durant couldn't do it no one caaaan!!! Haha.

Well, not compared to the football players, of course. But UT's enrollment is twice Auburn's. Austin's population is over 10x ours. They've got their own cable network. If dude is one to enjoy life in general, he will be quite happy there. 

59 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Regardless of what the team does, if Greg plays well he will still be drafted high out of Yexas.

52 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Texas boards are EMPTY. They simply don't care about basketball. Man they don't deserve that kind of talent. 

That's what someone pointed out yesterday. It's been like that the whole damn month and change since he announced when he would be committing. Their boards are all football all the time. Even last night when their mods finally made their first GB3 post all week and gave them the heads up that they most likely were getting him the response was the message board version of crickets!!!! Lol. Meanwhile on here, on 247 and especially on the bunker at rivals we are obsessed with basketball!!!!! Ughhhhhh I'm devestated even though we more or less knew he wasn't coming for the past week.

53 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So we were 3rd for Brown

Probably 2nd unless he said otherwise at his commitment.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Simple we are biased!!! Duhhhhhh. Hahaha. And plus it's a little logic spliced in. Same reason we question why any highly rated WR keeps coming here we wonder why any top dude wouldn't want to come play for bruuuuuuce. He takes top 40- 50 guys and turns them in to first rounders.

But for one season? And as a top-10 guy who looks like a first rounder no matter what? 

Just now, ellitor said:

Probably 2nd unless he said otherwise at his commitment.

Ahh. Well, either way, G league isn't the main thing between us and a historic class. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But for one season? And as a top-10 guy who looks like a first rounder no matter what? 

Yes. We just wanted him that badly to come to us. It's the next phase in the complete revamping and evolution of the program is to get the high end one and dones. We just wanted one to say yes to us and put a ring on it!!! Lol. Gimme gimme gimme!!!!

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That's what someone pointed out yesterday. It's been like that the whole damn month and change since he announced when he would be committing. Their boards are all football all the time. Even last night when their mods finally made their first GB3 post all week and gave them the heads up that they most likely were getting him the response was the message board version of crickets!!!! Lol. Meanwhile on here, on 247 and especially on the bunker at rivals we are obsessed with basketball!!!!! Ughhhhhh I'm devestated even though we more or less knew he wasn't coming for the past week.

Too bad he can't see the reaction and say, you know, I committed, but I am going to sign with Auburn!   haha

I know BB doesn't have that culture, just sayin'

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yes. We just wanted him that badly to come to us. It's the next phase in the complete revamping and evolution of the program is to get the high end one and dones. We just wanted one to say yes to us and put a ring on it!!! Lol. Gimme gimme gimme!!!!

Oh, hell yeah to all of that. Big hell yeah. 

I just see why these two guys made the decision they did. And it just seems like Bruce did a damned good job to get us that close. 

But hell yes. Let's keep reaching for the stars. Bruce doesn't believe in ceilings and neither do I. 

53 minutes ago, Zeek said:

No it's not & no we shouldn't. We were working from a position of underdog for both most of the time. Many a well informed people didn't give a great chance for both a good ways through their recruitments. We did damn good just to be where we were in both their recruitments. It's not that long ago where if someone had said we were finalists for 5*s from Cali & Texas in basketball the rest of us would have called the loony bin on that person.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Texas boards are EMPTY. They simply don't care about basketball.

Just like Bama. The only reason Bama cares about basketball is they don't want us to embarrass them. With A&M being in the SEC Texas fans don't have anyone they care about embarrassing them in basketball.

1 hour ago, atl-tiger said:

I'm curious to see what happens with Green and the G League now.

Likely nothing.

1 hour ago, atl-tiger said:

I thought the team was supposed to include 5-6 guys from 2020 class

3-5 is what they are hoping (they have at least 2 now I know of) & there are still some 2021 kids that will reclassify they may snag.

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yup. Playing basketball there is akin to a high school band member getting picked on for being in the band.

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Regardless of what the team does, if Greg plays well he will still be drafted high out of Yexas.

Just saw this & not fixing it. I think it's appropriate.

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yup plus with all the quality surrounding pieces we have for next year I really think we need a stud superstar to put it all together. I could be wrong but I don't think Sharife & Thor are ready to be that as freshmen.

Archived