2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bruce doesn't believe in ceilings and neither do I. 

Somebody should send this to AU Athletics marketing to use as of of our next slogans. I would definitely buy that shirt.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup plus with all the quality surrounding pieces we have for next year I really think we need a stud superstar to put it all together. I could be wrong but I don't think Sharife & Thor are ready to be that as freshmen.

I absolutely agree with that. We have a glaring hole at the SG position on paper. That's why JG was so important. That and he's the best player in the class for sure.

I feel awful for Coop. He has been recruiting his ass off as the center piece of the class and couldn't get 1 more instant impact guy to jump in the boat with him. He's better as a true point guard floor general. Going in to next season looks a lot like his senior year of high school where he is going to have to be the number 1 scoring option. And i think that takes away from what he does best.

52 minutes ago, Kaiiu said:

It's not off the table.

Not per coach Crane. Where are you hearing different?

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I wonder if Green was the domino for Brown. 

As for concern, I'm just not there yet, but I'm still not invested in hoops to the "true fan" level that you guys are. And that is a serious comment, no sarcasm. 

just my thought process but it seems like if it wasnt for his dad, Auburn would've been out of it a long time ago...I think Green committing could've forced his dad to put his foot down more, but that's all I figure 

12 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Your right with the way I worded the post and i am still partially surprised more recruits dont seem to be bought into what Bruce is doing here, for whatever reason.  Gwill was also right in that I said that due to the thought of choosing Shaka over Bruce. Guess we will see what happens today. 

I think we have a certain niche of guys that Bruce's pitch works on. Guys that really want to prove something on the collegiate level. Guys that still love the collegiate dream. And while I think that type of recruit will be less common in blue chips going forward, I also think Bruce has this opportunity to know he should allocate more of his resources to those guys. 

Not saying he shouldn't pursue a Kuminga or Emoni (he shouldnt), but IDK if I'd sink in half a year into em like we did with Jalen

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Just saw this & not fixing it. I think it's appropriate.

I thought it was intentional lol

Well in the past few weeks, we lost out on 5 star Jalen and now Greg. Tough blows to take after everything elsewhere that has happend to the Tigers this year. Oh well. Who does coach Pearl turn to next?

On 4/24/2020 at 5:34 PM, ellitor said:

Not per coach Crane. Where are you hearing different?

This guy has been on the money

• 10 months later...

His dad should of chosen bruuuuuce!!!! Instead yet another player got swindled by shaka!!!! SMH.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

His dad should of chosen bruuuuuce!!!! Instead yet another player got swindled by shaka!!!! SMH.

I truly believe that Greg Brown would have came to Auburn if we’d landed Jalen Green. It’s crazy to think how different this year would have been if the G-League didn’t all of a sudden become an option for the first time in history in 2020. No way we self-impose penalties and maybe Justin Powell doesn’t get hurt if the circumstances are different.

Archived