2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

On 3/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, doverstutts said:

Hooks made a statement earlier in the season regarding that. Apparently he has a friend on the staff up there

Pretty sure Hooks is part owner in BurgerFi with Mike and Ryan Miller. Ryan Miller was a former assistant basketball coach at Auburn and brother of Mike Miller, current Memphis assistant (who is rumored to be clashing with Penny and wanting his own HC job). So Hooks is probably getting his info from Ryan or maybe Mike himself. 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Pretty sure Hooks is part owner in BurgerFi with Mike and Ryan Miller. Ryan Miller was a former assistant basketball coach and brother of Mike Miller, current Memphis assistant (who is rumored to be clashing with Penny and wanting his own HC job). So Hooks is probably getting his info from Ryan or maybe Mike himself. 

Nice catch! I forgot Mike owns Burgerfi. He dated one of my good friends from high school for a while.

Screenshot_20200315-235040.png

Memphis mod on 247 put in a crystal ball for him to Memphis on Sunday..... SMH. Getting really freaking tired of penny and Memphis. 

On 3/16/2020 at 1:07 AM, GwillMac6 said:

Memphis mod on 247 put in a crystal ball for him to Memphis on Sunday..... SMH. Getting really freaking tired of penny and Memphis. 

This ones tough for me. Penny was my favorite NBA player and Orlando my favorite team for quite a few years in the 90s. Ill never forgive Shaq for leaving for LA and breaking up that team who I felt like had at least one championship in em. But yeah, f Penny right now. Bruce needs to start kicking his ass in recruiting. 

Unless Penny starts doing something soon with all these highly rated guys then he won't be around long to worry about. He likely isn't going to match his recruiting class from last season again and i imagine all those guys are heading to the NBA. So if he has another lack luster year Memphis may decide the experiment a failure and move on. 

On 3/17/2020 at 3:56 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think they'll probably split Greg Brown and Jalen with us this year, but they're putting in a lot of work towards 2021 right now. 

https://247sports.com/college/memphis/Season/2021-Basketball/Targets/ 

Memphis Homer and notorious never has positive ish to say about AU Corey Evans changed his future cast from Memphis to Texas. Bruce has these reporters heads spinning. I know it isn't football but this feels like a AU recruitment where everyone is counting us out and we are lurking in the shadows about to pounce.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Memphis Homer and notorious never has positive ish to say about AU Corey Evans changed his future cast from Memphis to Texas. Bruce has these reporters heads spinning. I know it isn't football but this feels like a AU recruitment where everyone is counting us out and we are lurking in the shadows about to pounce.

It could very well be, I don't think Auburn news sells. I think our race is a good bit simpler than with Kuminga; we knew who our competition was with GB since the beginning 

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It could very well be, I don't think Auburn news sells. I think our race is a good bit simpler than with Kuminga; we knew who our competition was with GB since the beginning 

dang DUAL THREAT you just totally read them like a freaking Lee Childs novel!!!! lol. I freaking love it man! That is what I am talking about!!! WOOOOOO!!!! 

Memphis 247 guy put in a crystal ball for Memphis for Brown a couple of days ago. Noted Memphis fanboy Corey Evans then changes his future cast from Memphis to Texas. CONFLICTING INFO!!!!! No one knows a dang thing!!! When no one knows. That usually is a good sign for AU!!! *KNOCK ON FREAKING WOOD* ITS CLOSING TIME BOYS!!!! LETS DO THIS BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!!

On 3/18/2020 at 5:34 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Why there might be a new leader for Greg Brown

What a journey it has been for Greg Brown. No, he didn’t just pop out of thin air and instantly become a five-star sensation overnight. Rather, Brown slid into the inaugural 2020 Rivals150 Rankings two years ago as a top-10 prospect and has remained in such a position ever since.

A number of suitors jogged in and out of his recruitment throughout his high school upbringing and this year’s chase for the pole position has been a wild one. Many had presumed that Texas would be his eventual landing spot. His father and uncle each played football for the Longhorns and it is also a school that is less than a 15-minute drive from his home.

However, the inconsistent season which led to questions surrounding Shaka Smart’s longevity in Austin brought greater uncertainty regarding UT’s chances with Brown. Memphis picked up major ground this winter to the point that I switched my FutureCast selection from the Horns and onto the Tigers.

Memphis didn’t have the season that it had envisioned, either, but it also will have to replace

With all things considered and the latest intel that I have gathered, it seems that we are back to where we started. Today, I placed my FutureCast on Texas. Smart’s seat seems secure, and Brown, in an ideal world, wouldn’t mind playing close to home for his likely lone year in college.

Expect for an April decision from Brown as Hook’em as the momentum as things head down the stretch run.

40 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

guy's going straight to the league after one year anyway, might as well say you played for the team you always wanted to, f a chance at a ring I suppose

its tough but it is what it is 

He hasn’t committed yet

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

guy's going straight to the league after one year anyway, might as well say you played for the team you always wanted to, f a chance at a ring I suppose

its tough but it is what it is 

If he chooses Texas then he was always going there no matter what if Shaka didn't get fired and he only drug it out this long just to see if shaka would indeed get the boot. 

The Corona boomed us here man. It freaking boomed us!!!!

Shaka would of been coaching for his job last Thursday vs tech.

Keith from 247 interviewed Brown recently, he said very good things about Auburn. Yes he could go to Pros, Memphis or even Texas if their Coach stays but we are definitely in the thick of it. He said Au felt like home, he loves the coaches, Auburn wins a lot etc.

1 hour ago, Samau said:

Auburn wins a lot etc.

Who would have thought that would ever be a recruiting point before coach BP?

On 3/21/2020 at 6:13 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Shaka would of been coaching for his job last Thursday vs tech

The funny thing is there's so many UT fans that would've loved to eat a L in that situation. There were rumors they were interested in Gregg Marshall from Wichita, but its hard to fire anyone after the way this season ended (unless you're our Women's CBB coach) 

6 hours ago, Samau said:

Keith from 247 interviewed Brown recently, he said very good things about Auburn. Yes he could go to Pros, Memphis or even Texas if their Coach stays but we are definitely in the thick of it. He said Au felt like home, he loves the coaches, Auburn wins a lot etc.

Moral victories aren't ideal, esp when we've had a few of them this cycle, but it is something that we fought to the end (regardless of how this may go) with a family that's loved UT for generations and Memphis, who has THE recruiting dynamic duo 

4 hours ago, Samau said:

It would be so awesome to close with both Brown and Green. 

Shaka is staying at Texas so we can likely move this to the rivals forum now. AU’s shot was going to be about Shaka leaving. 

3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Shaka is staying at Texas so we can likely move this to the rivals forum now. AU’s shot was going to be about Shaka leaving. 

Browns recruitment has not even begun to me. If we get JG on the 15th nine days before Greg's announcement that is when his recruitment really starts. He still may choose Texas in the end even if JG chooses AU but I personally think it will be AU. We would really really make it tough to pick Texas. Especially since his dad seems to want him to go anywhere but Texas.

Archived