2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

According to mulitple sources we are apparently in the top four for this franchise-type guy out of Texas, would obviously be a mammoth addition. Sorry I don't have his specs. 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of what happens Danjel and Chuma won’t be at AU when this kid arrives. He’d have every opportunity to start and be the man. Can only imagine the type of lob passes Sharife could throw to this dude and Okoro

Kid definitely has game but will need to add at least 20 pounds of muscle to play in SEC. Moves well, can almost jump over the rim (little exaggeration), his jump is also quick not just high,  and a nice stroke but extremely thin. Still has time to fill out. He would be a great addition and would be another great shot blocker.

Its funny how we apparently were interested in this guy for a while but I only just started hearing about him yesterday

18 points away from a perfect prospect, damn. Itd be crazy if we got both of our highest rated recruits ever in the same class

theres a player comparison I wanted to make but I forgot.

Right now he seems likes going to be a fantastic on and off ball slasher, really solid ball handler for a SF, and tall/long for that position as well. If he can get a league avg three ball going, he could be a problem

2 hours ago, auburnfan247 said:

Auburn’s Bruce Pearl will be in today for five-star junior Greg Brown Jr. and four-star junior Chris Moore, a source told @Stockrisers.

Brown’s will be an in-home visit.

Great news here. Go get him

If Auburn gets him he could be one of the best players Auburn’s ever had, he probably won’t go down in the Auburn history books like Bryce bc with his talent he’s a for sure one and done type player.

1 hour ago, auburnfan247 said:

If Auburn gets him he could be one of the best players Auburn’s ever had, he probably won’t go down in the Auburn history books like Bryce bc with his talent he’s a for sure one and done type player.

I think this is perfectly fine. Even the one and done programs still yield enough "legacy" guys...your Luke Kennard, Marques Boldens, Luke Maye, Nova's best player this year that I cant remember rn but he's been there for a good minute....anyway we'll still have Bryces just because not everyone can be that elite, they just likely wont get the same number of touches as Bryce

This is incredible. INCREDIBLE.

5-star kid. Final list includes UNC, Texas, Auburn.

It almost reads like one of those old Sesame Street skits (or was it The Electric company?  You kids of the 70s/80s know what I'm talking about!) with a jingle, "One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong." 

Except, going forward, Auburn DOES belong! 

Seriously, the day a bigtime recruit chooses Auburn and CBP over Kentucky or another "BlueBlood", that's a day we can definitively point to and say this is notch #3 in Auburn's ascent in the world of college basketball, with the first two notches being the hiring of CBP and this year's FF run.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We were in the top four in April but UK has been added. Strange basketball world we live in to be recruiting the same kids as Kentucky.

23 minutes ago, Gibson SG said:

We are in the middle of his post.........so, we go that going for us.

You say middle,,, I say FRONT  AND CENTER!

Archived