2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

41 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IDK why the NLI is being made in to such a big deal by people for this recruiting class when it has said it could be yeaaaaars before actually penalties come down. Shout out to E for that info he said jgt of rivals said.

I'm not.

But any type of letter, unless it exonerates us (which we know it won't),  could cause recruits to 'at least' take a pause, and that's the last thing we want to hear from them, if Pearl feels great about securing their commitment....

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, steeleagle said:

I'm not.

But any type of letter, unless it exonerates us (which we know it won't),  could cause recruits to 'at least' take a pause, and that's the last thing we want to hear from them, if Pearl feels great about securing their commitment....

That def what Forde and Dan Wolken are trying to will in to existence. Suprised Thayer Evans and Pete Thamel have not joined in. They love a good Auburn bashing. The core 4 of Auburn haters in the national media........ I just want to know why not a peep has been slung from them towards Kansas and Self when didn't they get a notice of potentially harsh penalties leveled against them?! Of course that is ok because they are old money and a blue blood. 

On 2/28/2020 at 2:54 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I just want to know why not a peep has been slung from them towards Kansas and Self when didn't they get a notice of potentially harsh penalties leveled against them?! Of course that is ok because they are old money and a blue blood. 

or towards Will 'strong ass offer' Wade.

I think they genuinely love Texas and have loved Texas for so long that you can't really express new ways for why you like Texas. Auburn is a new sensation for the Browns, and I see the contrast for an old flame vs a new love in those comments.  

I think they'd easily go to UT if UT just wasn't so unstable, as they've been for the past few years. It's going to prob hurt that family but they'll likely go elsewhere unless Shaka can somehow magically promise success 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think they genuinely love Texas and have loved Texas for so long that you can't really express new ways for why you like Texas. Auburn is a new sensation for the Browns, and I see the contrast for an old flame vs a new love in those comments.  

I think they'd easily go to UT if UT just wasn't so unstable, as they've been for the past few years. It's going to prob hurt that family but they'll likely go elsewhere unless Shaka can somehow magically promise success 

Lol easy there Romeo. This is not a story in a Nicholas Sparks movie bro!!!! LMAO

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

On our chances of landing SC, JG, and GB, I put the over/under at 1.5.  How are you betting?

Well we’ve got 1. I don’t see how cutting JG or GB in half is going to help anyone (especially them) and is likely to cause serious NCAA problems

I have not heard anything that makes me think we will pull GB. One we have and JG I am going to be hurt if he does not sign here.

I think Kuminga is more likely than GB at this stage (and I dont think thats incredibly likely) 

If this NLI is still a problem as some have said, and it came back negative (the only way I could figure out how to word that), I wonder if they could get all 3 

22 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Kuminga is more likely than GB at this stage (and I dont think thats incredibly likely) 

If this NLI is still a problem as some have said, and it came back negative (the only way I could figure out how to word that), I wonder if they could get all 3 

I don't think you know what an NLI is.  The NLI stands for NATIONAL LETTER OF INTENT. It's what players sign to play at a University.    I believe you are looking for a LETTER OF INQUIRY or NOA (Notice of Allegations) , which is what the NCAA sends member institutions after an investigation.   NLI's are NEVER a problem.

13 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

On our chances of landing SC, JG, and GB, I put the over/under at 1.5.  How are you betting?

Over.

9 hours ago, thewhiz7 said:

I have not heard anything that makes me think we will pull GB.

@thewhiz7 Only 1 page & a few days ago in this thread...

We have a very real shot.

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

National Letter of Intent is what recruits sign when they choose a college. What we are dealing with from the NCAA is a Notice Of Allegations letter. Please try to get the initials at least somewhat close to correct. The 2 documents aren't even remotely close.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@War to the Eagle You should lose posting privileges for a week or so for not knowing this.

Haha...love it.  I couldn't think of anyone else not already committed/signed with the initials 'SC.' I was already counting Cooper.

16 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Haha...love it.  I couldn't think of anyone else not already committed/signed with the initials 'SC.' I was already counting Cooper.

MAybe he thought we were signing the entire state of South Carolina(SC)?

1 hour ago, Tigerfinz said:

Time for the Fire Shaka Smart websites will start coming out...from Opelika...

I have a feeling even if he does not get fired that Auburn (and of course our recruiting rival Memphis) are sitting in a good spot. His dad does not seem to want him to really go to Texas even though he played football there from reading all the articles the past few days. His pops seems to be higher on virtually everyone else! lol. And his dad is totally point man in this recruitment and who you have to win over. 

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

National Letter of Intent is what recruits sign when they choose a college. What we are dealing with from the NCAA is a Notice Of Allegations letter. Please try to get the initials at least somewhat close to correct. The 2 documents aren't even remotely close.

I assure you that I intend to double down, just due to this post. Thank yourself!

19 hours ago, WarTiger said:

I don't think you know what an NLI is.  The NLI stands for NATIONAL LETTER OF INTENT. It's what players sign to play at a University.    I believe you are looking for a LETTER OF INQUIRY or NOA (Notice of Allegations) , which is what the NCAA sends member institutions after an investigation.   NLI's are NEVER a problem.

The ones that we didn't get due to the LETTER OF INQUIRY were a problem! 

Archived