2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce retweeted this in the past hour. I mean it is probaly nothing... BUT I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IT IS SOMETHING!!!! lol. With Jalen Green getting 2 key crystal balls in the past week from a memphis insider and Jerry Meyer the director of 247 bball crutin to Memphis getting Greg Brown has become even more important. This would be nuts and a hell of a pull. DAMNIT! Now here I go getting my hopes up!!! DO SOMETHING @Tiger hahahaha

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I feel like he's Penny's to lose, if all the mess a couple months ago, and the fallout that's came from it, didn't scare him off, I'd have to think he's pretty enamored.

Jalen Green has always been Penny and Mike Millers to lose but what makes you say that about Greg Brown? I never heard anything about Memphis being the presumed favorite for him.

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jalen Green has always been Penny and Mike Millers to lose but what makes you say that about Greg Brown? I never heard anything about Memphis being the presumed favorite for him.

I didn’t say he was, I just think them still being one of the favorites makes me think they’ll be able to eek it out. Based around what rivals thinks, that should probably be UT though. I don’t see how we get him but I’m hoping!

• 2 weeks later...

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/three-point-play-greg-brown-harrison-ingram-rankings

Corey Evans • Basketball Recruiting

Basketball Analyst

's recruitment has begun to pick up steam. The five-star was originally focused on a group of five, but now North Carolina is no longer under consideration. The Tar Heels have already wrapped up their 2020 class, ranked third-nationally, and have not consistently recruited Brown in recent months as a result.

Enter Michigan. Juwan Howard has been in touch with Brown and his family in recent months and have secured an official visit for Feb. 7. I don't think Michigan has much of a chance, but at least the Wolverines will host the five-star. Never say never in recruiting.

Brown will head to Kentucky tomorrow for his fourth official visit. He visited Auburn in November and Texas in September. The Longhorns have been the most heavily discussed landing spot for him as he lives just 20 minutes away from the 40 Acres campus and his father and uncle both played football for Texas.

However, earlier this week, I changed my FutureCast selection for Brown. While his visit to Memphis last weekend was relatively brief due to scheduling issues, I feel confident enough with I have heard to report that the Tigers have taken the lead in Brown's recruitment.

There is still is more time to go before a decision takes place, but it looks like Memphis is the team to beat right now.

On 12/26/2019 at 3:32 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I didn’t say he was, I just think them still being one of the favorites makes me think they’ll be able to eek it out. Based around what rivals thinks, that should probably be UT though. I don’t see how we get him but I’m hoping!

Why did you have to say anything about Memphis getting him lol......... ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Can Penny go to the freaking NBA all ready. GET HIM OUT OF COLLEGE BBALL!!!!!!!!! Got damn son.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

JEBUS! How many damn players are Memphis & UK going to take?!?!?!

And North Carolina stole one out from under us at the last minute in Kessler. I really do think if he did not commit to UNC on that visit he was ours!!! :[ . Kessler is the PERFECT Center for a Bruce Pearl offense with his solid 3 point shot.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

And North Carolina stole one out from under us at the last minute in Kessler. I really do think if he did not commit to UNC on that visit he was ours!!! :[ . Kessler is the PERFECT Center for a Bruce Pearl offense with his solid 3 point shot.

yep

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Bump. Sources to JLee saying the same things @GwillMac6 & @Samau saw on other boards & posted in the recruiting thread. AU-Memphis battle. Texas fading. No mention of UK.

#FrickMemphis

rewrew.gif

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

danny.gif

dra.gif

rtrt.gif

By ADAM ZAGORIA

Greg Brown, the 6-foot-9 forward Vandegrift (TX) and the Texas Titans, is targeting a college decision in “late April,” his father told ZAGSBLOG.

The No. 1 power forward in 2020 per 247Sports.com, Brown has taken official visits to Texas, Auburn, Memphis, Kentucky and Michigan.

Brown, who will play in the McDonald’s All-American Game April 1 in Houston, is the projected No. 12 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft, per ESPN.com.

Deciding in late April will allow Brown and his family to see which players from their final five schools return to campus and which leave for the NBA, as well as any potential coaching moves.

“We’re just waiting until we can figure everything out,” Greg Brown Jr. told Christian Fowler of 247Sports.com last month on his podcast.

“We’re going to wait until it plays out, I’m not in a rush, man,” his father added. “Being such a really good player, it allows you to kind of take your time.

“We’re just going to take our time. We don’t want to make a bad decision. Not necessarily that we can make a bad decision, but at the same time we want to put Greg in a decision that people are saying he’s a Top 10 guy, we want to see if we can put him in a place where people are talking about he’s a top one, top two, top three guy. That’s where our decision is right now.”

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

lol. AKA see who texas hires.

I guess i had somehow told myself that Green and Brown played the same position. With this guy being 6'9" and us losing all our height next season he could be an even bigger pull than Green. I just want so bad to see a guard that can reliably make plays and shoot threes that i've fallen hard for Green 

From the article E just posted, this quote from his dad caught my eye:

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

“We’re just going to take our time. We don’t want to make a bad decision. Not necessarily that we can make a bad decision, but at the same time we want to put Greg in a decision that people are saying he’s a Top 10 guy, we want to see if we can put him in a place where people are talking about he’s a top one, top two, top three guy. That’s where our decision is right now.”

This sounds like Bruce and Auburn tbh. This will be the 2nd year in a row where Bruce has helped a kid sky rocket up draft boards. I also wonder if Jalen Green were to commit if they feel like they'd rather go somewhere without having to compete for shots. I'm sure Bruce is showing them that if you buy in to the system the system will reward you and your bank account

Edit: That's the one thing that could throw a monkey wrench into everything with all this potential talent we will have -- if someone is looking to just get up a bunch of shots. Coincidentally, both Chuma and Isaac are naturally very unselfish players which fit right in

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

From the article E just posted, this quote from his dad caught my eye:

This sounds like Bruce and Auburn tbh. This will be the 2nd year in a row where Bruce has helped a kid sky rocket up draft boards. I also wonder if Jalen Green were to commit if they feel like they'd rather go somewhere without having to compete for shots. I'm sure Bruce is showing them that if you buy in to the system the system will reward you and your bank account

Edit: That's the one thing that could throw a monkey wrench into everything with all this potential talent we will have -- if someone is looking to just get up a bunch of shots. Coincidentally, both Chuma and Isaac are naturally very unselfish players which fit right in

I dunno.....that same quote had me thinking blue blood. Like they think he can only be a top 3 pick if he goes somewhere like Duke or NC or somewhere like that. I hope that is not their way of thinking. Because it is definitely not right. Morant went #2 coming out of freaking Murray State. Simmons came out of LSU, Toppin coming out of Dayton will likely be top 5 pick. Ball will be a top pick coming out of Australian.

From my point of view AU is the perfect place for any of these top guys to come for showcases their talents. We are (probably) losing all our starters so lots of minutes available for playing time, we have no for sure up and coming stars on the roster ( i love how DC, AF, and JW are progressing but i doubt any are ready to be THE guy next season), if Okoro goes pro we will have back to back first round draft picks so we've proven you can get drafted by playing at AU, we will have 3 straight tourney appearances so you have a good shot at showcases your talents on biggest stage, we have a PROVEN head coach who is great at marketing and developing his players, we have a wide open offense that encourages players to take shots and run up and down the court, and THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON is that we have a top PG coming in whose greatest strength is setting up teammates to makes plays (unlike a Trae Young for example that will eat of all the shots and playmaking on an offense). 

See the light Brown! AU is the place to be right now in bball. We have everything you need and you will be propelled to greatness by coming to school here!!

52 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I dunno.....that same quote had me thinking blue blood. Like they think he can only be a top 3 pick if he goes somewhere like Duke or NC or somewhere like that. I hope that is not their way of thinking. Because it is definitely not right. Morant went #2 coming out of freaking Murray State. Simmons came out of LSU, Toppin coming out of Dayton will likely be top 5 pick. Ball will be a top pick coming out of Australian.

From my point of view AU is the perfect place for any of these top guys to come for showcases their talents. We are (probably) losing all our starters so lots of minutes available for playing time, we have no for sure up and coming stars on the roster ( i love how DC, AF, and JW are progressing but i doubt any are ready to be THE guy next season), if Okoro goes pro we will have back to back first round draft picks so we've proven you can get drafted by playing at AU, we will have 3 straight tourney appearances so you have a good shot at showcases your talents on biggest stage, we have a PROVEN head coach who is great at marketing and developing his players, we have a wide open offense that encourages players to take shots and run up and down the court, and THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON is that we have a top PG coming in whose greatest strength is setting up teammates to makes plays (unlike a Trae Young for example that will eat of all the shots and playmaking on an offense). 

See the light Brown! AU is the place to be right now in bball. We have everything you need and you will be propelled to greatness by coming to school here!!

Totally agree on your 2nd paragraph, but what's been reported about him doesn't quite add up to what you said in the 1st paragraph in regards to them thinking blue blood IMO. The only blue blood on his list was Kentucky. This was before his list trimmed down, but the other schools were us, Texas, Michigan, and Memphis. And if it's a Memphis/AU battle as it stands that eliminates the only blue blood on his list. UNC was also on the list a while ago but he hasn't even visited according to his 247 profile. I'm not saying that he's leaning AU, but what he said falls more in line with Bruce has accomplished as opposed to what Penny has had time to do at Memphis. The part about wanting to improve from a top 10-12 pick to a top 3 pick sounds like the type of trajectory Bruce has been put Chuma and Isaac on (except from not on a draft board to being lotto/near lotto guys). Wiseman was always going to be a top pick even if he didn't goto Memphis. That's what I thought this sounded good for us. JMO of course

In Brown's case and what his father said, The only 2 schools RIGHT now that seem to elevate a player into the top level of the NBA draft is Auburn or KY. 

And I don't think having another top NBA potential player as in Green on our roster would matter for 2 reasons.

1. KY has all kind of NBA talent on their rosters year after year and that doesn't affect their draft status

2. Green and Brown will play 2 different positions and I don't feel will conflict with showing their basketball skills

The only other thing that might enter into their decision is how does Coach Cal's offense compare to Bruce's that maximizes Brown's strengths? 

And i almost forgot....'that 'you know what letter' eventually coming to Auburn from the 'you know who'.. 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

In Brown's case and what his father said, The only 2 schools RIGHT now that seem to elevate a player into the top level of the NBA draft is Auburn or KY. 

And I don't think having another top NBA potential player as in Green on our roster would matter for 2 reasons.

1. KY has all kind of NBA talent on their rosters year after year and that doesn't affect their draft status

2. Green and Brown will play 2 different positions and I don't feel will conflict with showing their basketball skills

The only other thing that might enter into their decision is how does Coach Cal's offense compare to Bruce's that maximizes Brown's strengths? 

And i almost forgot....'that 'you know what letter' eventually coming to Auburn from the 'you know who'.. 

IDK why the NLI is being made in to such a big deal by people for this recruiting class when it has said it could be yeaaaaars before actually penalties come down. Shout out to E for that info he said jgt of rivals said.

Archived