2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Browns recruitment has not even begun to me. If we get JG on the 15th nine days before Greg's announcement that is when his recruitment really starts. He still may choose Texas in the end even if JG chooses AU but I personally think it will be AU. We would really really make it tough to pick Texas. Especially since his dad seems to want him to go anywhere but Texas.

With our luck we’ll get one or both of them but not ever see them play for Auburn if we don’t have a season next year.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'm sorry if you disagree with me, but I think that's very dramatic and unlikely

Not unlikely at all. I’ve seen a number of doctors including our own PTB say they expect a second wave of COVID-19 in October. If true that could knock things out of whack for next winter and spring sports.

4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Just saw Hooks on 247 say we will be luck to have any college sports next season. I'm sorry if you disagree with me, but I think that's very dramatic and unlikely. 

Just typical hooks behavior. Always being a emotional sensationalist. There may be no or limited fans but I would bet there would be sports seasons beginning in September. That's 5 months away. Hooks is so freaking dramatic.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just typical hooks behavior. Always being a emotional sensationalist. There may be no or limited fans but I would bet there would be sports seasons beginning in September. That's 5 months away. Hooks is so freaking dramatic.

I think that that’s y’all’s emotions talking on the other end of the spectrum. If the doctors are right and there’s another wave in October with still no vaccine in place we have no idea how that will affect sports next season.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not unlikely at all. I’ve seen a number of doctors including our own PTB say they expect a second wave of COVID-19 in October. If true that could knock things out of whack for next winter and spring sports.

By then i think society will be desensitized to it. We can't just press pause for a whole year on the economy and life in general. To many jobs are being lost. At some point we just will have to learn to manage and do our best and take extra caution until a vaccine is ready. I pray every day for that. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

By then i think society will be desensitized to it. We can't just press pause for a whole year on the economy and life in general. To many jobs are being lost. At some point we just will have to learn to manage and do our best and take extra caution until a vaccine is ready. I pray every day for that. 

I hope you’re right but I just can’t be sure.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I hope you’re right but I just can’t be sure.

Praying for ya family brother. 🙏 It totally makes sense on where your coming from. 

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Praying for ya family brother. 🙏 It totally makes sense on where your coming from. 

I as well @ellitor. This all has me ticked off at everything.

43 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

well I see Shaka is staying at Texas, so I guess GB is off the books.

Is it as cut a dry as that? 

1 minute ago, thewhiz7 said:

I personally don't. But that's just my opinion.

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I personally don't. But that's just my opinion.

They only kept him to get Brown. So will they change their mind and fire Shaka when Brown chooses Auburn instead lol?

14 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

They only kept him to get Brown. So will they change their mind and fire Shaka when Brown chooses Auburn instead lol?

😂 And then it all comes full circle and Texas will hire Anthony Grant after Shaka got the VCU job when AG left to go to bama!!!! Lol

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We’ll have bigger problems than just the illness from the virus if we aren’t back to living our lives in 5 months 

If the rate of casualties doesn't drop off from where it is now, that will be the biggest problem 

It's okay to say we'll be forced to push through a second wave, but in actuality, that just can't happen 

10 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

well I see Shaka is staying at Texas, so I guess GB is off the books.

9 hours ago, thewhiz7 said:

On 3/27/2020 at 2:58 PM, ellitor said:

I think the absolute best case scenario for sports to occur is that tests become so readily available and quick to display results (the latter of which is coming along), that you can test participants before every game and have games in empty arenas just to be safe. You have to control every variable you can 

And before someone says "that seems like too much to go through"...too much is the revenue the college game is bleeding and set to bleed without basketball and football. They'd probably relinquish every other sport if they could get these two back going safe and secure.

but until we get a plan in place there's no reason to expect sporting events to be any less dangerous than they woulda been 2 1/2 weeks ago. 

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'd be shocked if he does not choose Texas now that Smart saved his job. We needed a coaching change to get this guy. 

Some think his dad is making the decision for him but in the article Greg says the decision will come down to “my relationship with the coaches/players” and “how I fit in at the school”. His dad isn’t making the decision it’s Greg Brown who is, he said it right there.
He’s most likely going to UT bc he knows them the best and very familiar with the school, unless he gets the urge to try something new & leave the state. 
He calls Auburn his 2nd home.

25 minutes ago, auburnfan247 said:

Some think his dad is making the decision for him but in the article Greg says the decision will come down to “my relationship with the coaches/players” and “how I fit in at the school”. His dad isn’t making the decision it’s Greg Brown who is, he said it right there.
He’s most likely going to UT bc he knows them the best and very familiar with the school, unless he gets the urge to try something new & leave the state. 
He calls Auburn his 2nd home.

He mentioned Auburn when talking about Texas and then called Auburn his "second home." I think we're in this more than people realize. 

7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

He mentioned Auburn when talking about Texas and then called Auburn his "second home." I think we're in this more than people realize. 

Great, he is going to play for Texas, but when he has time he will come visit Auburn(since it is HIS second home). That comforts me. :no:

4 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I think we're in this more than people realize

Exactly what the bunker’s most reliable basketball insider said about a few days ago. But he still thinks Brown choosesTexas.

Archived