Happy Gameday! A Day game thread!

AUBwins

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Gatewood would probably transfer. Don’t think he’s interested in changing positions and really, he’s not that far off from being a good quarterback.

I sure would hate to face him in a year or two if he keeps developing like he has.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK....I'm happy with what I saw.....not worried about which guy gets the starting nod at QB but figure it will be nix or Joey and I would be good with either one of them.  thought the RBs looked good and some good work by some of the WRs and glad to see Stove back on the field.

#1 defense looked pretty serious when they wanted to...

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gatewood would probably transfer. Don’t think he’s interested in changing positions and really, he’s not that far off from being a good quarterback.

I agree and he shouldn’t change positions.. I think he can be a really good QB (for us I hope.) hope he can be a good leader and step up for us. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

You are right. But the announcers were firm with the thinking that Gatewood fits Gus offense better than the others. They discussed this at the end of the game. Gonna watch Tennessee's spring game to see how they turn out.  TAMU looked really bad in their spring game IMHO.

20 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Rod Gilmore is annoying.

He continued to push for Sandberg to be redshirted.. dude.. he was redshirted last year.. get it together. 

Just now, doc4aday said:

You are right. But the announcers were firm with the thinking that Gatewood fits Gus offense better than the others. They discussed this at the end of the game. Gonna watch Tennessee's spring game to see how they turn out.  TAMU looked really bad in their spring game IMHO.

Well yes because they think he is Cam Newton. We will see. 

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don't think he transfers and he won't change positions. He can wait his turn if he's not the starter.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well yes because they think he is Cam Newton. We will see. 

Hey DAG,  you are right on this. You know, this is not really fair to Joey to keep having this hung on his shoulders. All of the QBs except for Cord showed that they could be the starter for 2019. We will have fun discussing this issue for the next 4 months.  I believe that Gus will not name a starter until the last possible moment. Anyhow, lets have some fun with this issue! (lol)

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

I don't think he transfers and he won't change positions. He can wait his turn if he's not the starter.

I mean...he’s not gonna wait behind a true freshman lol. If he loses fine, but that’s silly to think he’d stay 3 years with only having at max 4 years 

These Corgis remind me of some of our heated debates over the QB situation!

7 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I still think it will come down to Gatewood and Nix.. but knowing Gus.. 

i was really surprised at how well both functioned today....williams is going to play a lot this season....he knows how to run between the tackles

27 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

My biggest fear is that if Nix does become the starter, that both Gatewood and Willis transfer leaving us dangerously thin at QB

That’s probably a realistic case scenario, and something Gus might factor in. Unless there’s a deep cavern between Nix and the #2 option, it’d be bad coaching if he didn’t factor this in. Even if he won’t be here next season, it’d be a bad look to leave the closet that sparse 

Just now, doverstutts said:

i was really surprised at how well both functioned today....williams is going to play a lot this season....he knows how to run between the tackles

Same here and honestly Willis didn’t do anything today to take him out of the mix I just think Gatewood and Nix are a step above him but what do I know. I like DJ a lot.. also thought joiner did well. Our running game has to get back on track for us to be successful. 

I haven't had high expectations and haven't really been excited going into the season. I know it's just a spring game but dang it those qb's and wr's got me hype for a bit. I just love AU football too much. Weapons on weapons on weapons. Still got Shaun and Ant coming in the fall plus the other freshmen. Vanilla offense with Dilly calling plays...How different will the playcalling be during the season? I want this to work out. Everybody knows my feelings about the head coach but changing a head coach will have a huge impact.

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That’s probably a realistic case scenario, and something Gus might factor in. Unless there’s a deep cavern between Nix and the #2 option, it’d be bad coaching if he didn’t factor this in. Even if he won’t be here next season, it’d be a bad look to leave the closet that sparse 

If Nix wins the starting nod, Gatewood should transfer. Would t blame him one bit. 

8 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I didn’t see anything I thought separated the top 3 at QB.  

There really wasn't any separation. All 4 QB's played well, especially the top 3. If you think anybody separated from today then you just have a bias. Good competition

4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

There really wasn't any separation. All 4 QB's played well, especially the top 3. If you think anybody separated from today then you just have a bias. Good competition

And there is a bunch of bias people here including me. Everyone has a bias tbh but we all have to be realistic too

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah, it is gonna be interesting how it all plays out.  I don't think there is anything Gus can do one way or the other to change things.   I do think that starting either Nix or Gatewood will buy him at least another season barring a total meltdown next season.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I haven't had high expectations and haven't really been excited going into the season. I know it's just a spring game but dang it those qb's and wr's got me hype for a bit. I just love AU football too much. Weapons on weapons on weapons. Still got Shaun and Ant coming in the fall plus the other freshmen. Vanilla offense with Dilly calling plays...How different will the playcalling be during the season? I want this to work out. Everybody knows my feelings about the head coach but changing a head coach will have a huge impact.

Honestly this will be a tough year for us because our schedule is absolutely brutal. We will need the defense to step up big time and I think they will so the wildcard becomes the offense as usual. How will the OL do? Our running game? And who will be behind center. Defense can win a few for us but they can’t win every game.. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

And there is a bunch bias people here including me. Everyone has a bias tbh but we all have to be realistic too

may the best man win. No biases from me

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

may the best man win. No biases from me

Well the best man is subjective for a lot of reasons in this offense as there is no clear cookie cutter winner who does two thing great. Bo to me is has a great presence in the pocket and has the base ball. Gatewood is a big figure, very powerful arm and by far the best athlete out of the bunch. MW is a little more even keel and it probably has to do with maturity . So from a non bias standpoint, how do you choose who is the best for this offense?

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean...he’s not gonna wait behind a true freshman lol. If he loses fine, but that’s silly to think he’d stay 3 years with only having at max 4 years 

So best-case scenario for what it seems like is Gatewood winning the job and playing 2 years and entering the draft and then Bo having his turn. Y'all don't think Bo transfers if this happens? Bo isn't just any true freshman.

Archived