Happy Gameday! A Day game thread!

AUBwins

5 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I still say Nix, Gatewood, Willis. He throws a better pass than JG and is faster than I thought. I’ll forgive the INT because that whole play looked rushed 

One difference I have noticed between Bo and Gatewood is that Bo hits his receivers in the hands where Gatewood's receivers have to reach for the ball.. Nix just seem to be more accurate to me. .JMO

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Willis looked SUBSTANTIALLY better than the...geniuses, who spoke of the man like he couldnt throw a football. Yeah he might've had some bad reads up 40 against Monroeville U, but people dont know what's happening in those playcalls. Marshall had bad looking "reads" in 2014 after we abandoned the true read option offense; no one has had good reads in it since. 

What I really couldnt believe was when people presumed he couldnt throw even though he had like 1 attempt last year. That was amazing to me. I dont know if he'll even be the backup next year, but the folks that think his ONLY option is to be a 3rd stronger here or switch positions no matter where he goes, those people are delusional. He has physical tools and good enough passing skills to be a project for someone 

47 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I know what y'all are talking about...I'm just selfish and bias. If Bo starts I really don't want us to lose Joey G.....It's too early for this crap.

Well it's important to be empathetic towards these students. There's a reason schools recruit 3 stars and guys who'll never get a chance. That Connor Brice guy that came in vs Syracuse for Clemson. Outside of OSU, OU and maybe a few other outliers, you can't really expect to recruit two high 4 star/5* and have one stay to be depth. 

You can imply that's why he got Malik, but Malik served his time for that role. It's on Gus to have gotten another emergency case guy like with JF3.

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well it's important to be empathetic towards these students. There's a reason schools recruit 3 stars and guys who'll never get a chance. That Connor Brice guy that came in vs Syracuse for Clemson. Outside of OSU, OU and maybe a few other outliers, you can't really expect to recruit two high 4 star/5* and have one stay to be depth. 

You can imply that's why he got Malik, but Malik served his time for that role. It's on Gus to have gotten another emergency case guy like with JF3.

I know I know...Sucks for Cord too...Dude has no chance to start and he chose to come here. If Joey goes Malik will go. If Bo gets hurt we're screwed. Once again too early for the doom and gloom...Let me chill and let what happens happen.

16 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Willis looked SUBSTANTIALLY better than the...geniuses, who spoke of the man like he couldnt throw a football. Yeah he might've had some bad reads up 40 against Monroeville U, but people dont know what's happening in those playcalls. Marshall had bad looking "reads" in 2014 after we abandoned the true read option offense; no one has had good reads in it since. 

What I really couldnt believe was when people presumed he couldnt throw even though he had like 1 attempt last year. That was amazing to me. I dont know if he'll even be the backup next year, but the folks that think his ONLY option is to be a 3rd stronger here or switch positions no matter where he goes, those people are delusional. He has physical tools and good enough passing skills to be a project for someone 

It is over You do not have to defend this man anymore lol. . Malik is a distant Third in this race. You were the only one I saw in here on the Malik bandwagon but it is time to get off that ride and jump on a new bandwagon. It just is not going to happen. And we all are better for it. Joey G and Bo are significantly better QBs than him. 

new girl.gif

16 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I know I know...Sucks for Cord too...Dude has no chance to start and he chose to come here. If Joey goes Malik will go. If Bo gets hurt we're screwed. Once again too early for the doom and gloom...Let me chill and let what happens happen.

Did you just go mega negabarner and then life coach yourself out of it all in 1 post? lol. That is really impressive........ Sucks for Cord? Dude is just happy to get a free ride get his degree and enjoy his 4 years. He was never going to start anywhere. He is going to continue to be a awesome addition for us in the locker room because I am sure he is a realist and knows he does not have great chances to start. When he becomes well versed in the offense he will no doubt help prepare our other QBs in the film room. Working with them constantly.  I can see him being a team captain eventually. He will be one of the leaders in our locker room. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is over You do not have to defend this man anymore lol. . Malik is a distant Third in this race. You were the only one I saw in here on the Malik bandwagon but it is time to get off that ride and jump on a new bandwagon. It just is not going to happen. And we all are better for it. Joey G and Bo are significantly better QBs than him. 

new girl.gif

significantly better based on what? Bo had the worst throw of the day and Malik had the best lol. you can say they're better but neither are significantly better

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

significantly better based on what? Bo had the worst throw of the day and Malik had the best lol. you can say they're better but neither are significantly better

OKKKKKK I see there is still some meat left on this bone right hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Clearly you are still in the denial stage! lol. 

denial.png

If the OL is average by SEC standards we should be a 9+ win team.

Matthew Hill actually being utilized as more than a blocker is exciting.

DJ Williams might be RB1 before it’s all said and done.

All 3 quarterbacks looked better than I thought they would. My personal preference is Bo Nix but a lot of us want the True Freshman scenario that others have had lately. Gatewood is my next choice and there’s not a huge margin between the two; Gus is likely to go with GWood if he believes it’s a coin toss decision.

Like someone else said Williams, Hill, Schwartz, Stove, and I think True Freshman JJ will be a rough group to defend.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Reading the tea leaves, the current pecking order is Gatewood, Nix, Willis.  But objectively, Willis had a great A-day. 7 for 7 and moved the ball against the 1st team defense, which was something neither Gatewood or Nix was able to accomplish. I don't see how that makes him a distant 3rd.  I think the coaches want to see Nix or Gatewood take the job.  But after watching Malik Saturday, I don't think he is going to give it up easily.

2 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Need it to be Gatewood for my sanity, but we all know that when he makes his first mistake,  the Auburn mob fan base will start demanding Nix to come in

Regardless who ends up starting between Gatewood and Nix, down the road, the bad part is one of these 2 are going to want to transfer bc they are both freshman and they are not going to be happy as a backup. 

I hate it and wish they were staggered in their class bc I think they both can be successful QBs. 

13 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Regardless who ends up starting between Gatewood and Nix, down the road, the bad part is one of these 2 are going to want to transfer bc they are both freshman and they are not going to be happy as a backup. 

I hate it and wish they were staggered in their class bc I think they both can be successful QBs. 

You’re probably right. 

3 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Reading the tea leaves, the current pecking order is Gatewood, Nix, Willis.  But objectively, Willis had a great A-day. 7 for 7 and moved the ball against the 1st team defense, which was something neither Gatewood or Nix was able to accomplish. I don't see how that makes him a distant 3rd.  I think the coaches want to see Nix or Gatewood take the job.  But after watching Malik Saturday, I don't think he is going to give it up easily.

Some people watch HS highlights instead of college tape and judge off of that, I guess 

3 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Need it to be Gatewood for my sanity, but we all know that when he makes his first mistake,  the Auburn mob fan base will start demanding Nix to come in

I’d like to say Bo Nix is gonna be Teflon based on what I’ve seen around the block and on this site, but who knows. I think we might end up with our own Jalen-Tua situation where people are asking for the backup regardless of what the starter does

Even if Nix doesn’t win I can’t see him transferring.  Dude is a. AU lifer and hopefully has a good enough head on his shoulders to know his day will be here soon.  Also I’m sure he’d get plenty of snaps this year especially if Gatewood is struggling in a game.  Heard his younger brother is better than Bo.  Hopefully he’ll come to Auburn too.

2 minutes ago, Metalsinger418 said:

Can't find highlights or a full replay anywhere. Couldn't watch because I was at work

If you have WatchESPN you should be able to replay.  Sec network will replay all of the games all week.  Probably will also end up on YouTube by end of week if it’s not there already 

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In asking about things that exist in reality, Mark Antony Richards

did he play?

I think he’s a summer/fall enrollee!

Archived