Happy Gameday! A Day game thread!

AUBwins

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Yep.. The race for QB1 is down to two.. Gatewood and Nix. 

I disagree. They aren’t letting Sandberg throw much. The other three have all gotten a lot of called passes, and they’ve all looked relatively good.

I’d rank the QB’s 1. Bo 2. Malik 3. Joey in that half. Not sure why you think Malik is out of it.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

I disagree. They aren’t letting Sandberg throw much. The other three have all gotten a lot of called passes, and they’ve all looked relatively good.

Yeah and sandberg isn’t going to get to throw lol. The guy is Tyler queen status 

Just now, AUFriction said:

Malik took back to back sacks... And hasn’t been as dynamic to me. when it comes to pocket presence, IMO..it’s Gatewood and Nix. 

21 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I don't see anything that Nix has done that Gatewood hasn't for people to have him at #1...

Same here seeing as its a Gus offense Gatewood is the better fit. Unless Nix bulks up life in SEC going to be rough.

14 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Can't heap enough praise on the WRs right now. They are catching EVERY thing that is coming their way. 

Far cry from all the reports from camp that they have been a disappointment.

3 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Malik took back to back sacks... And hasn’t been as dynamic to me. when it comes to pocket presence, IMO..it’s Gatewood and Nix. 

He is playing against the 1s bro. If he chunks it up and throws a pick you would get on him for that. It is a little unfair for him and Cord, but there is a reason why Nix and Gatewood are playing with the 1s.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Far cry from all the reports from camp that they have been a disappointment.

agree....I never trust those reports from practice......always thinking that people making the "reports" have an agenda.   I'm OK waiting to see who will show up to start in the Oregon game...

Love the interview with Cadillac and Coach Chizik. Carnell sounds like he really loves being back on the plains.

1 minute ago, WVR said:

Love the interview with Cadillac and Coach Chizik. Carnell sounds like he really loves being back on the plains.

Me too. Just love the guy. Good to see Chizik too.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

I want to see Bo and Joey go up against the first team

Yep I want to see that too

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Yes Lord. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is playing against the 1s bro. If he chunks it up and throws a pick you would get on him for that. It is a little unfair for him and Cord, but there is a reason why Nix and Gatewood are playing with the 1s.

Totally agree.. and that will be what you will see every Saturday in the SEC.   wish Nix amd Gatewood could face the 1 d and we would see more about them too.. cord is obviously not in the mix.. when he is in.. we work on running game.. 

Gatewood is looking good in Bo Nix’s offense.

JS.

Nix is looking sharp as a tack too. 

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Gus said he would change some things up in the 2nd half. Maybe that will happen. 

Looks like they will switch sides.  Let's hope we continue to pass in 2nd half

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Did I miss that first series? What happened? 

3 out and from Gatewood with the 2nd team O. He also had a really bad pass where he threw into double coverage.

These forums are gonna be pretty interesting until Aug 31 for this QB battle. Whoever wins we have a bright future at that position so I'm cool with whoever between Bo and Joey. Now whoever didn't watch Bo's tape sees now that he can really run and won't hamper the offense on zone reads. He may not be as big as Joey but dude is smart, has great character and leadership, and down right talented. Joey has shown great improvement. Joey looks to have those same traits. I really do hope we stick with one qb though. Kinda lame and predictable to have Gatewood in for a package. 2 years for one enter draft...2 years for the other..Enter draft. A man can dream.

Archived