Happy Gameday! A Day game thread!

AUBwins

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Int. and then a fumble?   and Nix still has the ball. 

This is why I want to see 1s vs 1s. Cord and MW were getting some heat in the 1st half but now we see the 1s is no joke.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I get that Nix is a baller but don't like him going and trying to tackle the guy after the INT. Not in a spring game 

Hard to turn it off in their minds but yeah, the non contact jersey has to go both ways. 

Just now, DAG said:

This is why I want to see 1s vs 1s. Cord and MW were getting some heat in the 1st half but now we see the 1s is no joke.

Yep.. defense is for real. 

you know guys...Willis had a good first series and looked good. Joey had some nice TD throws and would have been fun to see him and Bo go up against the ones. Bo impressed me a great deal and is much faster than I thought he was. If I would have to pick the starter at this moment, I would have to go with Bo.  I think he will be the QB of the future. All of the QBs had their moments both good and bad. Willis has impressed me and I stand behind this. Folks the way it looks will come down to fall practice and a starter may not be named closer to the Oregon game. This could be good....this could be bad. I have been a team Gatewood and think Joey had some good TD throws and looked good on his feet but he did disappoint me on those long throws that were missed. The offense in general impressed me and scored far more points than I thought they would. I think our receivers played better today than they were advertised.

1. Bo number 1

2. Joey & Mallik tied for 2nd (a toss up no doubt)

3. Cord the last man out.

So now both Joey and Bo struggle against the defense. This is what I thought we would see. Also Malik struggled against the second team defense.

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

agree....I never trust those reports from practice......always thinking that people making the "reports" have an agenda.   I'm OK waiting to see who will show up to start in the Oregon game...

agree.  all the reports said the db's were owning the wr's.  also, sometimes reports are what is wanted to be released by the staff to motivate, not saying this is the case here.

10 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Yep.. defense is for real. 

you are deal on accurate with this statement!  Brown is going to be a force to recon with opposing offenses. If we can have a decent offense with the defense we have, would could win 9 or more games. Maybe this is a stretch, then again, maybe not! I am going to watch a replay of this maybe more than once to get a better idea of what is going on.

Heck of a punt...hope he remembers that when the season starts...

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

My biggest fear is that if Nix does become the starter, that both Gatewood and Willis transfer leaving us dangerously thin at QB

I think Willis is gone no matter what. Either that or he will have to move positions.

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

My biggest fear is that if Nix does become the starter, that both Gatewood and Willis transfer leaving us dangerously thin at QB

Gatewood would probably transfer. Don’t think he’s interested in changing positions and really, he’s not that far off from being a good quarterback.

6 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

This is a real possibility.  I am not sure both would leave. Time will tell the story though.  I hope Wooten will be OK.

Archived