Baseball vs Texas A&M Game 2

Golden opportunity to go up 4-0 with runners on the corners and one out, and our next two batters strike out. You just can NOT do that with one out and a runner on third. 

Glad to be up 3-0, but really want this team to start attacking, and creating some space between them and their opponents when they have leads. 

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Golden opportunity to go up 4-0 with runners on the corners and one out, and our next two batters strike out. You just can NOT do that with one out and a runner on third. 

Glad to be up 3-0, but really want this team to start attacking, and creating some space between them and their opponents when they have leads. 

Especially with a freshman pitcher. He needs offensive support.

Hate to say but does holland need to take a game or 2 off?  I’ve not been consistent watching the last 2 weeks but his at bats are still similar to beginning of year.  2 SO’s today with runners in scoring position.

3 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Hate to say but does holland need to take a game or 2 off?  I’ve not been consistent watching the last 2 weeks but his at bats are still similar to beginning of year.  2 SO’s today with runners in scoring position.

Well he broke out of it for one game but he really is struggling. He's had a game off and it didn't do much. Maybe he needs to go back to the middle of the order.

And now a lead-off walk given up by Brooks Fuller.  It's tough on these young pitchers when the bats are quiet. 

Also, the game that Holland sat, Lau played and batted well.  I’d really hate to do it but at some point you gotta let the kid get out of his own head.

both strikeouts were on the same pitch - up and out of the zone - and he was way behind.  

10 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Also, the game that Holland sat, Lau played and batted well.  I’d really hate to do it but at some point you gotta let the kid get out of his own head.

both strikeouts were on the same pitch - up and out of the zone - and he was way behind.  

Yesterday he went down pitches down and away.....he just is not seeing the ball...or able to determine what is in the strike zone.

BUT...nice to see AU up 3-0 with a chance now to add another run ...and aggies change pitcher who solves their problem with only one pitch. Woley could have been a bit more patient IMO>..

9 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Brooks battled back nicely there.  Was very mature after a walk, wild pitch and a hard hit ball.

He's really a fighter, and apparently has nerves of steel.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Yesterday he went down pitches down and away.....he just is not seeing the ball...or able to determine what is in the strike zone.

BUT...nice to see AU up 3-0 with a chance now to add another run ...and aggies change pitcher who solves their problem with only one pitch. Woley could have been a bit more patient IMO>..

So frustrating....a runner on 3rd and can't get him home. 

I guess Fuller will go as long as he can go...it's not like we have a closer we can count on to take it from here....

Really outstanding day for Fuller...some struggles be leaves with a 3-0 lead...  Watson comes on the try and finish up.

Archived