Reload or Rebuild on Offense

StatTiger

excellent work my friend! Kudos indeed!

• RunInRed featured and pinned this topic

Dang that looks promising.   Now if we can use LESS PACKAGES  because we have more versatile players, which would lead to less substitutions, which will lead to MORE HUNH and not give the D a chance to adjust - we will be LESS PREDICTABLE. 

If we stay with the same old, package driven O,  we may win 7 or 8, maybe.  The SEC has figured Gus' tendencies out and written a book on how to beat him.  

Packages absolutely work in HS, but the SEC has caught up.   

Edited by Beaker

11 hours ago, Beaker said:

Dang that looks promising.   Now if we can use LESS PACKAGES  because we have more versatile players, which would lead to less substitutions, which will lead to MORE HUNH and not give the D a chance to adjust - we will be LESS PREDICTABLE. 

If we stay with the same old, package driven O,  we may win 7 or 8, maybe.  The SEC has figured Gus' tendencies out and written a book on how to beat him.  

Packages absolutely work in HS, but the SEC has caught up.   

And not run HB dive fifty-leven times...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Beaker said:

Ed Zachary

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2019 at 5:44 PM, StatTiger said:

2012: 109 (Emory Blake and Onterio McCalebb accounted for 76.)

BAH GAWD
- WWE commentator voice

I really like our group of WR's and RB's. If managed properly our offense could be fun again.

58 minutes ago, Zeek said:

BAH GAWD
- WWE commentator voice

I really like our group of WR's and RB's. If managed properly our offense could be fun again.

IMO, It's gonna have to start with limiting substitutions, letting our skill players have multiple roles, and utilizing the entire playbook no matter who is on the field.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IMO, It's gonna have to start with limiting substitutions, letting our skill players have multiple roles, and utilizing the entire playbook no matter who is on the field.

I think that’s what CGM wants to do—Shenker(sp) playing fb/te and Joiner playing rb/receiver etc. I totally agree that substitutions ruins the hunh.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

This right here. 

On 4/16/2019 at 3:19 PM, bigbird said:

your wisdom makes me feel halfway smart -

Now if we can use LESS PACKAGES  because we have more versatile players, which would lead to less substitutions, which will lead to MORE HUNH and not give the D a chance to adjust - we will be LESS PREDICTABLE.  "

I must be learning....

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

your wisdom makes me feel halfway smart -

Now if we can use LESS PACKAGES  because we have more versatile players, which would lead to less substitutions, which will lead to MORE HUNH and not give the D a chance to adjust - we will be LESS PREDICTABLE.  "

I must be learning....

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After watching and rewatching Aday ( and I know this was just a show game) and from all the on hand practice viewers, I come away from the spring practice greatly impressed with the quality depth that I’ve seen on both sides of the ball. I really feel that our two deep throughout the team looks very good. The reason that’s important is in order to make a championship run you have to have that. Playing our schedule their is just no way we don’t have some folks miss some games. My only concern at this point is coaching and play calling. If the coaches can put these kids in a position to win, I truely believe AU has the talent to win it all. Just hope summer and fall practice continues to produce positive results.

I do believe we will have one of  the most talented teams we have put on the field in years. The key to if we will be bad, adequate, good, or great will be three areas.

1. And by far most important is O-Line - this was our Achilles heal last year and while we are returning 5 seniors it is the same seniors who started last year but did show signs at end of year that they were improving. They suck again we suck, they are adequate we are adequate, they are good or better we are great because I think we have all the skill positions covered. How the backups develop is crucial even if the ones are great because during an SEC season there are usually some games where a starter is out for a while or longer and we need to be able to handle that. 

2. QB - most years this is always number 1 and you would think that we will have a starting QB who has never started a game that this would be number 1 but because of their lack of experience coupled with I think both Gatewood and Nix are very talented which will help with the lack of experience if they have enough time which falls on the O-line..

3. All new starting LB group. Talented and most played a good bit but this is least experienced part of D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I do believe we will have one of  the most talented teams we have put on the field in years. The key to if we will be bad, adequate, good, or great will be three areas.

1. And by far most important is O-Line - this was our Achilles heal last year and while we are returning 5 seniors it is the same seniors who started last year but did show signs at end of year that they were improving. They suck again we suck, they are adequate we are adequate, they are good or better we are great because I think we have all the skill positions covered. How the backups develop is crucial even if the ones are great because during an SEC season there are usually some games where a starter is out for a while or longer and we need to be able to handle that. 

2. QB - most years this is always number 1 and you would think that we will have a starting QB who has never started a game that this would be number 1 but because of their lack of experience coupled with I think both Gatewood and Nix are very talented which will help with the lack of experience if they have enough time which falls on the O-line..

3. All new starting LB group. Talented and most played a good bit but this is least experienced part of D.

1A. Coaching 1B. O-line 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 4/17/2019 at 7:13 PM, StatTiger said:

It’s the subbing during the series that kills the pace. Nothing wrong with subbing between the series, which is what I am hoping for. Have a menu of plays for each skill groupings sent onto the field for the given series. This would allow Gus to expand his overall playbook and would force him to utilize all of his skill players.

Only took Gus four seasons to  figure this out?

• Like 1

If you look back to when we have had good teams in the past it is when ,we have a lot of experience on the OL and DL.  It all starts up front and we probably have the most experience there that we have had in a long time.  All seniors on the starting OL and juniors and seniors on the DL with Brown turning down probable first round money to anchor that unit.  If Gus can just get some effective QB play this has he potential to be a great team.  Of course, the schedule is a killer and that could derail the whole thing.   Give this team Clemson’s schedule and it would have a good chance of running the table.  With our schedule 9-10 wins would be a heck of an accomplishment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 2:36 PM, WFE12 said:

And not run HB dive fifty-leven times...

Is the dog in your picture a Corgi? (lol)🙀

5 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Is the dog in your picture a Corgi? (lol)🙀

Not sure

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Gus is having to rebuild the offense. The question is, can he.

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Gus is having to rebuild the offense. The question is, can he.

Well his offenses have taken us to two national championship games, winning one and coming within 13 seconds of winning the second one, so yes, I think he can.

SMH..