huge respect for coach grimes

aubiefifty

15 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

such a shame. edibles if done right can get you higher than smoking. i am studying up for when it becomes legal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hope i live long enough to see it. they are trying to decriminalize an ounce or less. maybe more if it can be proven no one is dealing. i hope it passes. a close frien got addicted to opiates and banging takillya behind it. he cleaned up and now when he hurts he smokes and his been pill free for almost two years......

I wish a person close to me would've switched to weed many years ago for their pain/discomfort rather than ruin their life, marriage, family relationship and their internal organs with Flexeril/Oxy/Fentynol/Oxy crap.  It's too late now, as kidneys, liver, muscular degeneration, and cognitive thought processes have been damaged beyond repair due to prescription drug abuse.  It's sad really and a total waste.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, keesler said:

I wish a person close to me would've switched to weed many years ago for their pain/discomfort rather than ruin their life, marriage, family relationship and their internal organs with Flexeril/Oxy/Fentynol/Oxy crap.  It's too late now, as kidneys, liver, muscular degeneration, and cognitive thought processes have been damaged beyond repair due to prescription drug abuse.  It's sad really and a total waste.

Abuse is the key word here! I’ve been on pain meds for 12 years and I’m doing great. I teach Sunday School, run the sound board, help run a addiction ministry, and other ministries in Christian b-ball (Upward b-ball and cheering). When taken as prescribed these therapies can give people like me a fairly good life. I’m sorry your friend had to endure this and I pray he and others will get the passionate help they need/deserve . 

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Very sorry to hear this. Agree with your point.

34 minutes ago, toddc said:

Abuse is the key word here! I’ve been on pain meds for 12 years and I’m doing great. I teach Sunday School, run the sound board, help run a addiction ministry, and other ministries in Christian b-ball (Upward b-ball and cheering). When taken as prescribed these therapies can give people like me a fairly good life. I’m sorry your friend had to endure this and I pray he and others will get the passionate help they need/deserve . 

Very sorry for your chronic condition, but it's great to hear that you are managing. A lot more than managing, actually, it sounds like. 

Life, man. 

As someone with an unresolved health issue resulting in chronic pain for the past decade I can say the greenery has been significantly more helpful for me than any of the laundry list of pills doctors have been trying to shovel down my throat. "If this one doesn't work let's try another! And another! Hmm didn't work? Maybe we try this one!" I wasn't sure if they wanted me to actually get better or just keep me on some wild chase paying for prescriptions. Particularly when you look into the long term usage effects of some of these meds -- even if you're using them properly. It seemed like I'd be bringing on a whole set of new problems in an attempt to figure out one issue and that's before considering the side effects of the short term.

And to think I had a doctor tell me I should stop using marijuana because it can alter how my brain perceives pain...uhhh no **** Sherlock it diminishes the physical pain I'm in greatly, isn't that the freaking point? Lol sorry rant over...

These forums are becoming nauseous. The bickering back and forth between a handful of posters, over petty s***, ruins it for the rest of us. I hope you guys don't treat people in your personal life the way you jump on each other in here. What's worse, is that mods are involved.

14 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

These forums are becoming nauseous. The bickering back and forth between a handful of posters, over petty s***, ruins it for the rest of us. I hope you guys don't treat people in your personal life the way you jump on each other in here. What's worse, is that mods are involved.

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I hope you guys don't treat people in your personal life the way you jump on each other in here. 

I don’t even know how to have a person to person conversation without my gifs folder handy. 

3 hours ago, toddc said:

AHHHHHHHHH Thank you for helping clearing that up. That help explains a lot about how you approach our football program and your way of thinking. 

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Are You are not entertained?! It has made the off season for Auburn Basketball highly entertaining and enjoyable so far. Nothing else is going on during the week besides mid week baseball and softball games so let errrrrrr rip. I treat everyone equally as horrible on her as I would in person. But I am a awful, terrible person and going to HELL! lmao.  Most everyone else here is pretty freaking great though!!! lol WOOOO!!!! So no worries Sumter. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

AHHHHHHHHH Thank you for helping clearing that up. That help explains a lot about how you approach our football program and your way of thinking. 

I don’t even know what that means! How exactly does running a basketball scoreboard for Christian kids and some high school teams affect the way I approach football in college? They don’t, because they are unrelated. I guess I choose to have a positive and optimistic outlook on life, including chronic pain and Auburn football, so if that’s what you’re saying, then sure. You should try it! I’m out 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Are You are not entertained?! It has made the off season for Auburn Basketball highly entertaining and enjoyable so far. Nothing else is going on during the week besides mid week baseball and softball games so let errrrrrr rip. I treat everyone equally as horrible on her as I would in person. But I am a awful, terrible person and going to HELL! lmao.  Most everyone else here is pretty freaking great though!!! lol WOOOO!!!! So no worries Sumter. 

tumblr_lgirwlz9U61qcrzkko1_500.gif

MealyHoarseHypsilophodon-size_restricted.gif

30 minutes ago, toddc said:

I don’t even know what that means! How exactly does running a basketball scoreboard for Christian kids and some high school teams affect the way I approach football in college? They don’t, because they are unrelated. I guess I choose to have a positive and optimistic outlook on life, including chronic pain and Auburn football, so if that’s what you’re saying, then sure. You should try it! I’m out 

All I meant by that is Upward bball and how it is run is how a lot of the Auburn faithful are when it comes to big time college football.  I mean I thought I was pretty obvious with my comment! I have a positive and optimistic outlook when it is warranted. I mean come on. Basketball forum me and Football forum me are 2 totally different people. 

23 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

tumblr_lgirwlz9U61qcrzkko1_500.gif

MealyHoarseHypsilophodon-size_restricted.gif

britta.gif

39 minutes ago, toddc said:

Shout out to Barning Hard on twitter for this gem!!! lol 

16 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

You've got curious timing. 

16 hours ago, Tiger said:

As someone with an unresolved health issue resulting in chronic pain for the past decade I can say the greenery has been significantly more helpful for me than any of the laundry list of pills doctors have been trying to shovel down my throat. "If this one doesn't work let's try another! And another! Hmm didn't work? Maybe we try this one!" I wasn't sure if they wanted me to actually get better or just keep me on some wild chase paying for prescriptions. Particularly when you look into the long term usage effects of some of these meds -- even if you're using them properly. It seemed like I'd be bringing on a whole set of new problems in an attempt to figure out one issue and that's before considering the side effects of the short term.

And to think I had a doctor tell me I should stop using marijuana because it can alter how my brain perceives pain...uhhh no **** Sherlock it diminishes the physical pain I'm in greatly, isn't that the freaking point? Lol sorry rant over...

Duuuude, I had no idea that you were dealing with something like that. I'm so sorry and I hope that you're managing okay.

It's a shame that the hot 27 year old in the short skirt that rolls her little suitcase into your doctor's office every other Thursday isn't selling cannabis along with all of her Pfizer products. Then maybe your doc would be on board.

I've never dealt with anything like what you and the others, and certainly our friends with the really heavy stuff, deal with. But I went through a really tough year and there was no guarantee that it was ever going to get much better, and that did a big number on me. So I did get a glimpse into it and, well, if anybody ever just needs to let some sh** fly, PM me. That can be a lonely place. 

Come on, Gus. Give us all something to smile about this fall. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You've got curious timing. 

It wasn't by design. Just struck me as tiresome reading through several pages of 'you said this last year and was wrong' and 'you posted this 3 years ago and was wrong'.bs.

This petty bickering is prevalent in both the basketball and football forums. Hopefully it does not pop up in the baseball forum. The last refuge.

And don't start in on me if you know what's good for you. 

:tease:

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Duuuude, I had no idea that you were dealing with something like that. I'm so sorry and I hope that you're managing okay.

It's a shame that the hot 27 year old in the short skirt that rolls her little suitcase into your doctor's office every other Thursday isn't selling cannabis along with all of her Pfizer products. Then maybe your doc would be on board.

I've never dealt with anything like what you and the others, and certainly our friends with the really heavy stuff, deal with. But I went through a really tough year and there was no guarantee that it was ever going to get much better, and that did a big number on me. So I did get a glimpse into it and, well, if anybody ever just needs to let some sh** fly, PM me. That can be a lonely place. 

Come on, Gus. Give us all something to smile about this fall. 

Thanks bro. Sadly, you're spot on. Sucks having to put myself at legal risk just to manage pain. But I'm ever so thankful and I never lose sight of how much worse my situation could be because this doesn't threaten my life (although having gone undiagnosed for so long, for years it was hard to believe something causing me so much physical pain didn't mean something horrible was right around the corner). Even with how difficult it can be to manage I know I'm sooo freakin lucky when it comes to overall health. And I can totally relate to the unknown being so taxing on someone's mental health. The uncertainty weighs heavy and then the mind can wander down a rabbit hole which only compounds issues.

Lol I'm gonna stop cluttering this thread with personal stuff now. I'm not overly optimistic about next season but I will say I got a little tingle of football excitement after watching A-Day. The skill position talent we have on our team makes me very excited for our personnel moving forward.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:13 AM, aubiefifty said:

he inherited a mess last season and this year lots of folks are saying our o line will be a team strength this year. that is pretty amazing considering how bad we struggled a lot last year. props to coach and also to our kids for busting their butts and turning things around.

I'll have to see it to believe it, but if accurate we will be successful.

On 4/18/2019 at 4:42 PM, GwillMac6 said:

All I meant by that is Upward bball and how it is run is how a lot of the Auburn faithful are when it comes to big time college football.  I mean I thought I was pretty obvious with my comment! I have a positive and optimistic outlook when it is warranted. I mean come on. Basketball forum me and Football forum me are 2 totally different people. 

If the basketball team takes a slide, does the football you mosey on over to the basketball forum??😬

3 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

If the basketball team takes a slide, does the football you mosey on over to the basketball forum??😬

Never! Because I am totally 💯% committed to Bruce and believe in him and think he is a great coach and top 10 in the whole sport. War damn Bruce pearl forever!!!! 

On 4/18/2019 at 2:50 PM, toddc said:

I am with you 110%!

On 4/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, McLoofus said:

I wonder if they'd be held to the same, strict "rumor and gossip" standards. 

It's not even positive comments. It's comments that line up with their own personal agendas. If you want to bash Gus you will agree with everything that bashes him with very little "evidence or proof." Just like if you support Gus at all costs, no matter what "proof or evidence" is given, you will support him at all costs. Likewise, if you are in the support at all costs camp, anything that supports your agenda you will back with very little "proof or evidence." 

It's human nature really. There are very few truly independent people who will truly look at both sides before making an assumption.

Archived