huge respect for coach grimes

aubiefifty

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, everyone should probably just decide for themselves what they want to believe. For example, I choose to believe @bigbird when he provides exact quotes and attributes them to "former coaches and players". If you choose not to, then I'm guessing that Bird really couldn't care less.

I'm curious, though, what the reaction would be if these anonymous comments were positive in nature. I wonder if they'd be held to the same, strict "rumor and gossip" standards. 

Also, these are just observations and opinions. Who cares who said them? 

I am going to play devils advocate . I see both sides of the argument. I think the guys who post have earned the right to be given the benefit of a doubt . However, I do agree with 64. Sometimes things get said and it’s almost like the gospel. Point and case: the whole head coaching search last year. There was just some things way too far-fetch to believe .

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

My info came from some ex-AU players, one was a multi year OL starter and some high school coaches across Alabama. All have said the OL was better. All. But just not as good as what is being said.

NAMES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am going to play devils advocate . I see both sides of the argument. I think the guys who post have earned the right to be given the benefit of a doubt . However, I do agree with 64. Sometimes things get said and it’s almost like the gospel. Point and case: the whole head coaching search last year. There was just some things way too far-fetch to believe .

Like what?

It seems to me that there is a bit of double standards on here. When I, and others, post something we actually read from a reporter or whatever we are almost always asked for “link” . Some can post and say “secret source “ and not get called out! I want to believe those who have sources that need to be held in secret is fine, but...

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

I still haven't seen any hard evidence that any of that stuff wasn't true. 

Tis the silly season

rumors, sources, and agendas Oh My

Follow the orange and blue road

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Like what?

Like Gus taking a pay cut to stay here or Stoops interest. Somebody reached out to stoops and his agent probably did his due diligence and that was exacerbated of his interest. Just my .02 cents.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Tis the silly season

Follow the orange and blue road

If I only had a brain :(

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What was wrong that people said and need to own up to?

No clue. I don't have time to read the boards anymore besides your posts & a few others.

Just now, ellitor said:

No clue. I don't have time to read the boards anymore besides your posts & a few others.

Hope the new gig is going well, bro! 

30 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So those comments should fall into the classification of rumor and gossip I guess..... which means....don't put much stock in them since we don't know the track record of the source..... :dunno:

carlos-beltran-swings-at-bounce-2.gif?w=

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

NAMES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN 

Names, Identity checks, & said under oath in court...That's the only way some on here will believe info even when it has come from sources who have time & time again proved credible.

25 minutes ago, toddc said:

It seems to me that there is a bit of double standards on here. When I, and others, post something we actually read from a reporter or whatever we are almost always asked for “link” . Some can post and say “secret source “ and not get called out! I want to believe those who have sources that need to be held in secret is fine, but...

Do you have a link to prove posters are asking this?  :bananadance:

Only kidding.  I know what you mean.

14 minutes ago, toddc said:

Most of us are not connected to the program so when info is posted from most of us then we have to post a link or give a bibliography from where the info came from. There are a few people connected to the program who get 1st hand info or 1 link in the chain away from 1st hand. They don't need to post links or give bibliographies much because 1. They don't come from links. & 2. They have already established their credibility. If they outed their sources then they, & subsequently us, don't get the info anymore. That means losing the info that is often times more to reality that what is posted in linked articles.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Like Gus taking a pay cut to stay here or Stoops interest. Somebody reached out to stoops and his agent probably did his due diligence and that was exacerbated of his interest. Just my .02 cents.

Gus didn't take a pay cut. But if this season goes off the rails, I don't think it will, then watch the buyout not be as high as it was last year.

As far as Stoops? You would be surprised. Real surprised. Not talking about Yellowman. All that is in the past and is best to be kept there.

I'll give Gus credit, he wants to be at AU. He did everything he could to keep his job and seems to be righting the ship. AU has athletes all over the filed. More than what bama has, per some of the same people who have been to both bama and AU. Get us some players on the OL and keep loading up the Dl and watch out. As long as Gus can get out of his own way and keep an identity on offense.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Names, Identity checks, & said under oath in court...That's the only way some on here will believe info even when it has come from sources who have time & time again proved credible.

That's a reasonable basis...which I use too....though some people have history and agendas so I like to know more about the original sources...do they just share opinions they agree with and ignore others?      that's all I'd like to know.     :dunno:

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU has athletes all over the filed. More than what bama has, per some of the same people who have been to both bama and AU.

Bet you don't get challenged for names on that nugget. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Most of us are not connected to the program so when info is posted from most of us then we have to post a link or give a bibliography from where the info came from. There are a few people connected to the program who get 1st hand info or 1 link in the chain away from 1st hand. They don't need to post links or give bibliographies much because 1. They don't come from links. & 2. They have already established their credibility. If they outed their sources then they, & subsequently us, don't get the info anymore. That means losing the info that is often times more to reality that what is posted in linked articles.

And to build off that, sometimes the info may end up not being accurate based on events that were unknown to the source at the time. I still think there was more to the Stoops saga than was released via rumor though. 

#1 though, never out your source unless you don’t want info anymore 😂

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus didn't take a pay cut. But if this season goes off the rails, I don't think it will, then watch the buyout not be as high as it was last year.

As far as Stoops? You would be surprised. Real surprised. Not talking about Yellowman. All that is in the past and is best to be kept there.

I'll give Gus credit, he wants to be at AU. He did everything he could to keep his job and seems to be righting the ship. AU has athletes all over the filed. More than what bama has, per some of the same people who have been to both bama and AU. Get us some players on the OL and keep loading up the Dl and watch out. As long as Gus can get out of his own way and keep an identity on offense.

I never questioned the buy out cost. If it gets bad enough I have no doubt auburn would pony up and get him out of here . It was just the other stuff I found questionable but that is just my opinion. Also think many on here under valued the support Green has in Gus. I believe he meant every word of what he said about Gus returning next year.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Little addition to the paycut. Gus would have taken one I'm told. I'm glad he didn't and was not asked to. That would have looked real bad on both parties.

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hope the new gig is going well, bro! 

It is. Also I can't post about recruiting anymore because I work recruiting events & at the recruit areas for games. Had to sign an agreement with AU to not discuss what I hear or see or talk about specific recruits..

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yup, I think the Stoops deal was much closer to reality than some believe. I still think it is odd he took a coaching gig with the XFL though. I don’t want to Tin foil hat, but almost feels like it’s a message 😂

2 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

And to build off that, sometimes the info may end up not being accurate based on events that were unknown to the source at the time. I still think there was more to the Stoops saga than was released via rumor though. 

#1 though, never out your source unless you don’t want info anymore 😂

There was.

Archived