huge respect for coach grimes

aubiefifty

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU has athletes all over the filed. More than what bama has, per some of the same people who have been to both bama and AU

I'd like to think that's true ...but if so....it kinda shoots down those recruiting services with all the bama 5* recruits and #1 rankings year after year.     I've been skeptical of star ratings for a long time but most people here seem to live and die by them.   

Not sure where our weaknesses are but no doubt we have some superb athletes this year at a number of positions.. 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It is. Also I can't post about recruiting anymore because I work recruiting events & at the recruit areas for games. Had to sign an agreement with AU to not discuss what I hear or see or talk about specific recruits..

All that time you were just practicing for the real thing. Congrats again!

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'd like to think that's true ...but if so....it kinda shoots down those recruiting services with all the bama 5* recruits and #1 rankings year after year.     I've been skeptical of star ratings for a long time but most people here seem to live and die by them.   

Not sure where our weaknesses are but no doubt we have some superb athletes this year at a number of positions.. 

All of the early NFL enrollies are taking a toll now. I'm not saying bama isn't going to be good but they are not the deep deep deep talented team they were the last couple of years. If Tua get hurt again, yikes.

And let me go out and say I am happy that we have folks like our AD in their position. It takes intellect and charisma to be a valued leader , but even more so patience and wisdom. A lot of folks last year including myself probably would’ve jumped the gun , which could lead to a domino effect down the line. Heck we even had fans outrightly saying they hope we lose for the future of the program (no, I am not going to dig up the archives to find those post). Whether Gus succeeds or not , I think the restraint shown by some of our leaders will play dividends for future relationships. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

All of the early NFL enrollies are taking a toll now. I'm not saying bama isn't going to be good but they are not the deep deep deep talented team they were the last couple of years. If Tua get hurt again, yikes.

And all of the coaching turnover.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And all of the coaching turnover.

oh my yes. How many left? 7 maybe on field and off field coaches/analysts? 

I think some changes are good and instill new ideas and energy that makes a team better. But 7 or more has to take its toll on coordination and in the heat of battle in some of their games, it will show their lack of experience, and cause them problems.

But if any coach can handle changes its Saban. As long as he has top level players, they can overcome a lot from inconsistent coaching and Saban has a great process that seems to work year in year out.

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

There was.

I will say this. If Auburn was willing to make him the highest paid coach in college football then yes I can definitely see that peaking his interest . That would peak anybody’s interest . I will also say I am glad someone shut that down as well and I will leave it at that .

Just now, steeleagle said:

I think some changes are good and instill new ideas and energy that makes a team better. But 7 or more has to take its toll on coordination and in the heat of battle in some of their games, it will show their lack of experience, and cause them problems.

But if any coach can handle changes its Saban. As long as he has top level players, they can overcome a lot from inconsistent coaching and Saban has a great process that seems to work year in year out.

Yep. There is some chatter that Saban is about to have hip surgery and is going to be out of up to 8 weeks. Have to see if this is true and how that will play out. if true and Sak is going to be in charge, :beer2:

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I will say this. If Auburn was willing to make him the highest paid coach in college football then yes I can definitely see that peaking his interest . That would peak anybody’s interest . I will also say I am glad someone shut that down as well and I will leave it at that .

Never said it was AU or anyone employed by AU. That isn't the case.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It is. Also I can't post about recruiting anymore because I work recruiting events & at the recruit areas for games. Had to sign an agreement with AU to not discuss what I hear or see or talk about specific recruits..

Hey @ellitor, you can be my “secret source “ and I would never rat 🐀 you out! What ya say, come on and do a brother a solid.

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Never said it was AU or anyone employed by AU. That isn't the case.

And in that instance , that is why I simply couldn’t put much stock in it. That’s just my opinion on that topic. Even if a rogue booster felt he could get Stoops to agree to terms, it means literally nothing if the brass aren’t okay with it. Haha so many hypotheticals but that is my thinking. 

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

And let me go out and say I am happy that we have folks like our AD in their position. It takes intellect and charisma to be a valued leader , but even more so patience and wisdom. A lot of folks last year including myself probably would’ve jumped the gun , which could lead to a domino effect down the line. Heck we even had fans outrightly saying they hope we lose for the future of the program (no, I am not going to dig up the archives to find those post). Whether Gus succeeds or not , I think the restraint shown by some of our leaders will play dividends for future relationships. 

Yes!! Lol

59 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Like what?

That keeping Gus was based on him securing Kelly Bryant.  I don’t think our BOT is playing with building blocks in their fancy suits. 

And WDE I am not picking on you . I am grateful you provide information and willing to engage in this conversation. Just from a logical POV I can’t see why Stoops would even take serious an idea of coaching at Auburn from someone who isn’t able to pull the trigger. Even the idea of Gus taking a pay cut. I am not doubting you heard this from someone but I have to ask why would Auburn not offer the opportunity to save money if there is even a .00001 chance of it happening? 

They said that in the army, that the chow was mighty fine

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Who said this?

A chicken jumped off the table and started marking time. 

you guys are gonna get my thread locked. can we get back on topic and stuff with the bull please? there are a lot of posters who have not replied to this yet and i would hope thy get the chance. thanks........

20 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

And very few of them had been there very long to begin with. That door has been revolving for a minute. 

Might be harder to keep college kids focused than pro guys when they're learning their position coach's name every offseason. 

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys are gonna get my thread locked. can we get back on topic and stuff with the bull please? there are a lot of posters who have not replied to this yet and i would hope thy get the chance. thanks........

My apologies 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

My apologies 

you have been more than reasonable dag. it is the obvious shots with little taste that bothers me.

29 minutes ago, toddc said:

Hey @ellitor, you can be my “secret source “ and I would never rat 🐀 you out! What ya say, come on and do a brother a solid.

Same offer here. I’ll even create a new identity and argue with myself, talking about how ellitor sucks. It’ll work!

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We didn’t sign off on this. 

Archived