huge respect for coach grimes

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

It is. Also I can't post about recruiting anymore because I work recruiting events & at the recruit areas for games. Had to sign an agreement with AU to not discuss what I hear or see or talk about specific recruits..

Feel free to PM me. 😁

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Yup, I think the Stoops deal was much closer to reality than some believe.

I think WDE already answered this, but it was a few days out from reality.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

No clue. I don't have time to read the boards anymore besides your posts & a few others.

Well you better be reading ALL my posts...........................buddy..........

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

It is. Also I can't post about recruiting anymore because I work recruiting events & at the recruit areas for games. Had to sign an agreement with AU to not discuss what I hear or see or talk about specific recruits..

Easy way around that....

Simply post now as "rotille" and nobody'll be none the wiser...

😉

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yep. There is some chatter that Saban is about to have hip surgery and is going to be out of up to 8 weeks. Have to see if this is true and how that will play out. if true and Sak is going to be in charge, :beer2:

Saban pulling a Coach K, huh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994–95_Duke_Blue_Devils_men's_basketball_team

So, this is a really interesting thread--WDE's kinda-sorta optimism is encouraging, but we DESPERATELY need for Brahms and Troxell to become full-time starters--if not I shudder at thinking about 2020. THAT is why I'm still quite unhappy with Grimes. He's a pretty damn good on the field coach, but his recruiting abilities are so lacking that I fear we could turn into what FSU is now if changes aren't made.

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So, this is a really interesting thread--WDE's kinda-sorta optimism is encouraging, but we DESPERATELY need for Brahms and Troxell to become full-time starters--if not I shudder at thinking about 2020. THAT is why I'm still quite unhappy with Grimes. He's a pretty damn good on the field coach, but his recruiting abilities are so lacking that I fear we could turn into what FSU is now if changes aren't made.

Did you see the article on the potential starting lineup after spring?  The tackles were...

Left tackle

Prince Tega Wanogho Jr., redshirt senior 

Bailey Sharp, redshirt senior

Alec Jackson, redshirt sophomore

Right tackle

Jack Driscoll, senior

Austin Troxell, redshirt sophomore

Prince Michael Sammons, redshirt junior

In 2020, that leaves one RS junior LT that is a converted DT who will have a total of 1 year of experience on the OL, a junior RT, and a RS senior that has never come close to making an impact. The need for immediate starters should be helping our recruiting...but I've said that the last two years.

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well you better be reading ALL my posts...........................buddy..........

Hey golf....do you think I could pick up a copy of the Master's Green Jacket at a 2nd hand store and sleep in it the night before I hit the links so my score will go down ?😇 (no disrespect for  Tiger...he played one of the greatest games in his career and my hat goes off to him with great respect)

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Did you see the article on the potential starting lineup after spring?  The tackles were...

Left tackle

Prince Tega Wanogho Jr., redshirt senior 

Bailey Sharp, redshirt senior

Alec Jackson, redshirt sophomore

Right tackle

Jack Driscoll, senior

Austin Troxell, redshirt sophomore

Prince Michael Sammons, redshirt junior

In 2020, that leaves one RS junior LT that is a converted DT who will have a total of 1 year of experience on the OL, a junior RT, and a RS senior that has never come close to making an impact. The need for immediate starters should be helping our recruiting...but I've said that the last two years.

My point exactly!

On 4/15/2019 at 9:15 PM, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Not too long ago some people on the board were calling for him to be fired.  My how things change.  He is a good teacher given time.  He may not be the best recruiter.  I have seen improvement from last year and hope it continues.  This and next year will be the test.  Need to get some of the backups some playing time this year to be ready in case of injury.

I am still calling him to be fired. OL crutin will continue to get worse with him here. IDC how good of a teacher he supposedly is. This is the SEC your butt better be able to recruit. Our SEC rivals continue to see blood in the water.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am still calling him to be fired. OL crutin will continue to get worse with him here. IDC how good of a teacher he supposedly is. This is the SEC your butt better be able to recruit. Our SEC rivals continue to see blood in the water.

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Be careful what you wish for.

25 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don’t know if you have noticed...:.But OL recruiting is fine, not great, but fine right now. 

How anybody can watch that spring game and still be “depressed” about football beats me. From all accounts we have had a really solid spring practice and A Day game. There isn’t crap to do until January when SEC basketball starts. WTH else are you going to do? 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think Grimes is getting support in recruiting from the other coaches on staff.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

How anybody can watch that spring game and still be “depressed” about football beats me.

Because A day does not has not and never well be any kind of an indicator for how well the team has improved or will perform in the upcoming season.  If anyone changes their opinion based on that, then I will just remind them that Neil Caudle outplayed Cam in the 2010 A day game and it wasn't really even close.

8 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Because A day does not has not and never well be any kind of an indicator for how well the team has improved or will perform in the upcoming season.  If anyone changes their opinion based on that, then I will just remind them that Neil Caudle outplayed Cam in the 2010 A day game and it wasn't really even close.

It’s not just the A day. Read the rest of my post and then get back to me. Our team is looking strong right now, starting with both lines and scattered throughout the depth chart. Our QBs completed 29 passes at A day and we have two stud QBs competing against each other. Bo Nix is the best thing that will happen to Joey Gatewood and Joey Gatewood is the best thing to happen to Bo Nix. Neither QB can just lay back and expect the job is theirs to lose. Lastly, apparently, the coaches have been throwing everything including your moms kitchen sink at the QBs and are prepared to turn the starting QB loose. Get out of here with your last season news. 

My only concern is Joiner. We supposedly want to use him but fresh news is we don’t know where to use him. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

My only concern is Joiner. We supposedly want to use him but fresh news is we don’t know where to use him. 

Could be that he has the misfortune to be the second or third best option at a number of positions...not the best...but good enough that coaches want to have him available if needed.    Versatility is not always an asset for the individual involved.....though it is great for the team.   JMO

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

I think Grimes is getting support in recruiting from the other coaches on staff.

They are all helping eachother. The whole staff is taking a team approach to Recruiting. I was told once upon a time, but can't remember who was credited with the idea, but I really think it was Gus.  He has done a lot of different things this off-season to reshape/retool the program or at least the way they/he approaches things.

I honestly can't think of another coach since '91 that has a genuine love for Auburn like Gus does. He wants to be here. He wants to prove himself right and all his doubters(myself included) to be fools...I hope he does. I want a winning coach that loves being at Auburn and isn't looking to use us as a stepping stone. Gus could be that...maybe.

I hope Gus has changed/evolved/reinvented/recharged himself. Now that he has taken back the O, I hope he proves why we all loved him as our OC.  He used to have a little FU in his play calling. I've heard he has a little bit of that attitude this off-season too.  I hope it manifest Into a great fall for us all. 

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I hope Gus has changed/evolved/reinvented/recharged himself. Now that he has taken back the O, I hope he proves why we all loved him as our OC.  He used to have a little FU in his play calling. I've heard he has a little bit of that attitude this off-season too.  I hope it manifest Into a great fall for us all. 

The timeout calling to hit 50 before halftime on the bowl game almost had me in tears. It was beautiful. Talent difference be damned. The man collectively stepped on everyone’s throats by doing that and it was awesome. 

Just the way we played on offense in the spring game was refreshing. Lots of deep shots and passing in general. Not a single rushing TD and 5 passing TDs in the first half. Beautiful start, now let’s go mud hole Oregon!

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s not just the A day. Read the rest of my post and then get back to me. Our team is looking strong right now, starting with both lines and scattered throughout the depth chart. Our QBs completed 29 passes at A day and we have two stud QBs competing against each other. Bo Nix is the best thing that will happen to Joey Gatewood and Joey Gatewood is the best thing to happen to Bo Nix. Neither QB can just lay back and expect the job is theirs to lose. Lastly, apparently, the coaches have been throwing everything including your moms kitchen sink at the QBs and are prepared to turn the starting QB loose. Get out of here with your last season news. 

So because Oline recruiting is okay?  How is our team looking strong?  Because Aday?  Because sources?

QBs may or may not have leashes in the fall, you have nothing but hopes and dreams right now.  Do I think they are pushing each other?  Sure, but so did Sean and JJ.  This isn't last season news, its every season news in April.

Hope springs eternal this time of year, but I'm still Missouri until they show me against Oregon.

46 minutes ago, The Freak said:

So because Oline recruiting is okay?  How is our team looking strong?  Because Aday?  Because sources?

QBs may or may not have leashes in the fall, you have nothing but hopes and dreams right now.  Do I think they are pushing each other?  Sure, but so did Sean and JJ.  This isn't last season news, its every season news in April.

Hope springs eternal this time of year, but I'm still Missouri until they show me against Oregon.

Lol exactly. In a Gus Malzahn Auburn every season almost and def every off season is groundhog day. How in the bluuuuuuuue hayyyyyyyyyyyul do people keep falling for it and going for the pump fakes? I mean sure look at the talent on the roster and there is reason to be optimistic but talent has never been the issue..........

28 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Sure, but so did Sean and JJ

Apparently not and let’s not pretend they were as talented as Boey.

34 minutes ago, The Freak said:

you have nothing but hopes and dreams right now. 

Don’t be a wet diaper.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol exactly. In a Gus Malzahn Auburn every season almost and def every off season is groundhog day. How in the bluuuuuuuue the hayyyyyyyyyyyul do people keep falling for it and going for the pump fakes? I mean sure look at the talent on the roster and there is reason to be optimistic but talent has never been the issue..........

Shape up or ship out. Football season is coming whether you like it or not. I’d rather be hopelessly optimistic than count down the days until basketball season. 130 days is bad enough.

Which position is going to hurt us this year? The answer coaching staff is not an option.

Go.

Archived