2019 Grad Transfer Rayjon Tucker (UALR) commits to Memphis

Maverick.AU

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Omg. Kick me in my scrote 

Starting to think the rest of Memphis’s  conference coaches know what they’re talking about when they criticize Penny’s recruiting tactics.

33 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We lost out to Memphis. 

Really wanted this guy.  Could have used another scorer. 

Not the end of the world though. I’m fine going into the season with Samir and Jamal Johnson at the two. Puts a lot more importance on Okoro being ready to ball though and maybe Alan Flannigan needs to get action too

Doesn’t make sense at all. Something shady going on at Memphis. 

24 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Kids like to join the hype. Plus Little Rock is like minutes from Memphis. It doesn’t have to be shady 

31 minutes ago, fishepa said:

So business as usual? lol. Not like it is any less shady than when Cal was there.

37 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Not the end of the world though. I’m fine going into the season with Samir and Jamal Johnson at the two. Puts a lot more importance on Okoro being ready to ball though and maybe Alan Flannigan needs to get action too

Do we know anything at all about how good of a player he will be?

2 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Kids like to join the hype

Sure but there is something else going on too. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Do we know anything at all about how good of a player he will be?

He ironically transferred from Memphis. Started 26 games and averaged 26 mpg there as a freshman for Tubby Smith. Former (at one point) Top 75 recruit. I’m assuming he’ll be a big contributor 

He’d more than likely start at Auburn which makes it hurt. He’s a freak athlete that shot 40% from 3. His handles and defense can be improved. There was a guard that committed to UNC that was probably little more well rounded. 

1 minute ago, Gene Loblaw said:

He ironically transferred from Memphis. Started 26 games and averaged 26 mpg there as a freshman for Tubby Smith. Former (at one point) Top 75 recruit. I’m assuming he’ll be a big contributor 

Wait he was a top 100 recruit in the country?! I swear he was lower than that. Going to have to find his 247 profile. I thought he was a lower rated prospect who had a glue guy ceiling. 

EDIT: here is his 247 recruiting profile. 162 ranked player in the country. Still higher than I thought. I thought he actually had a lower ranking. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamal-Johnson-77070/high-school-134428/

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wait he was a top 100 recruit in the country?! I swear he was lower than that. Going to have to find his 247 profile. I thought he was a lower rated prospect who had a glue guy ceiling. 

EDIT: here is his 247 recruiting profile. 162 ranked player in the country. Still higher than I thought. I thought he actually had a lower ranking. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamal-Johnson-77070/high-school-134428/

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Jamal-Johnson-at-Spain-Park-144439/RecruitRankHistory/

not that it it really matters, but look at the rank history and he was a top 75 guy to start out. Anyway, I think the talent is there. Hopefully Bruce helped mold it this past season 

Just now, Gene Loblaw said:

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Jamal-Johnson-at-Spain-Park-144439/RecruitRankHistory/

not that it it really matters, but look at the rank history and he was a top 75 guy to start out. Anyway, I think the talent is there. Hopefully Bruce helped mold it this past season 

HMMM wonder why his ranking fell his senior year. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HMMM wonder why his ranking fell his senior year. 

Crack cocaine?

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Kids like to join the hype. Plus Little Rock is like minutes from Memphis. It doesn’t have to be shady 

If he wanted to join the hype Auburn would be the best place for him. 

Penny Hardaway was one of the biggest cultural figures in ball, it’d make sense he’d come out dominating in recruiting 

I figure this guy saw how little cooks they had in the kitchen, added the proximity and Anfernee into the soup, and left with this decision. I can’t be mad but I selfishly wish we had the brother 

This one stings really badly. We desperately needed him as a 1 year stop gap in our rebuilding year. We will be a bubble team and it could go either way if we make the tourney or not. Damn. I thought this guy was for sure coming to AU. If he was not coming here I thought he was going to Kansas not Memphis. 

There’s no way in the world Memphis should be recruiting lights out with Kentucky & Duke right now. Anfernee Hardaway has done zero as a head coach. Bruce Pearl should be having way more success on the recruiting trail given his personality & recent success on the court. 

Penny may turn out to be a great coach, but I would bet my house that he’s cheating with all of these guys. It reminds me of LSU’s class last year on steroids, and we all know that Will Wade wasn’t just a great recruiter. 

We had the inside track on this kid with Wes Flanagan on staff - no way we lose this kid fair and square.

I dont know how well this guy would have worked at AU, but even before this, eyebrows were raised about Memphis. Something's rotten in Denmark, no doubt.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:46 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I figure this guy saw how little cooks they had in the kitchen, added the proximity and Anfernee into the soup

What does Anfernee have to do with anything? Truth be told, we don’t have many cooks next year either. Have to wonder where the scoring punch will come from.

Archived