Maverick.AU

Rayjon Tucker (Grad Transfer- Little Rock)

7 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Listed on their roster at 6'5, 210 for those who are wondering. Maybe some potential depth at the 2-3 spots? 

He will replace Dunbar. He is an elite athlete that can jump out of the gym. Has ties with Wes Flanigan.

• Like 5

Don't let him leave campus without seeing Will Wades bagman!!!! lol 

Rayjon Tucker declares for NBA Draft, sets another visit

ByEvan Daniels

Rayjon Tucker, arguably the best graduate transfer on the market, declared for the NBA Draft on Monday, but he's leaving the option open to return to college, he tells 247Sports.

"I declared, but keeping my eligibility," Tucker said.

Tucker, a 6-foot-5 guard out of Charlotte, had originally announced that he would graduate from Little Rock and transfer. Tucker then took an official visit to West Virginia this past weekend.

"I loved the coaching staff and the guys on the team we really vibed well and the people of West Virginia are great," Tucker said about his visit. 

While he's actively looking into the NBA Draft, he's also scheduling more college visits. Tucker told 247Sports that he intends to visit Auburn this coming weekend.

To go with WVU and Auburn, Tucker said he's also still considering North Carolina, Memphis, South Carolina, Iowa State, Kansas and Arkansas.

Tucker averaged 2o.3 points and 6.7 rebounds this past season. He connected on 72 three-pointers and shot 41.1-percent from three on the year. Tucker played his first two collegiate seasons at Florida Gulf Coast.

If Tucker opts for college, he would be eligible to play next year. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

He will replace Dunbar. He is an elite athlete that can jump out of the gym. Has ties with Wes Flanigan.

I don’t know but I doubt Dunbar shot 41% from deep. 

If he can play 3 that would severely help with losing Okeke, if that is to come. Allows you to not have to think about moving DP from the 4. I think tyrell Jones is a more than adequate Bryce replacement if that is how people are viewing this move.

Gives you 4 above league average shooters in Jamal Johnson-this guy-DP-McLemore and either a crafty scorer in JVon, a guy with an engine like Jared (so I’m told) in Turbo, or potentially Sharife. It’s going to be a ridiculous guard stable either way 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tiger said:

This will be a tough pull, no? UNC and Kansas and Memphi$ are in the mix

I am a homer of course, but which program is having more fun?   And heck, I can't believe I am typing this - WE ELIMINATED TWO OF THOSE PROGRAMS IN MARCH!!!  And it was the UNC and KANSAS!!!     If you only have one year,  why go where there are 4-7 McDonald's all americans sitting around?   

Dang, that felt good to type!     

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I am a homer of course, but which program is having more fun?   And heck, I can't believe I am typing this - WE ELIMINATED TWO OF THOSE PROGRAMS IN MARCH!!!  And it was the UNC and KANSAS!!!     If you only have one year,  why go where there are 4-7 McDonald's all americans sitting around?   

Those blue pelts we have hanging from the wall do look really nice don't they? I love how the different shades of blue complement each other! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Carolina is actually incredibly thin right now losing 5/6 of their top players. Their only returning starter will be Garrison Brooks. 

• Like 1

If you're a Guard that can shoot, Auburn is a tough place to turn down right now. But I'd think UNC would be considered the favorite.

It'll be tough for a Charlotte kid to turn down the Tar Heels. That was likely a dream destination for him growing up unless he was a hardcore childhood Duke or NC State fan

20 hours ago, Tiger said:

It'll be tough for a Charlotte kid to turn down the Tar Heels. That was likely a dream destination for him growing up unless he was a hardcore childhood Duke or NC State fan

hopefully he is still upset they didn't see his potential