baseball vs. Georgia Tech game thread

anyone know this score? Been looking and cannot find it anywhere.ย  Update......Got the 15th confused for the 16th....my bad folks (lol)๐Ÿ˜Ž

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

anyone know this score? Been looking and cannot find it anywhere.

You can't find the score because the game won't be played until tomorrow, Tuesday April 16th.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

You can't find the score because the game won't be played until tomorrow, Tuesday April 16th.

It was past midnight when I was online and saw the 16th on the bottom of my computer screen. For whatever bone-headed thinking on my behalf I got the dates confused. Thanks for pointing this out to me!ย ย ๐Ÿ˜„

Mid week game or whatever, seems we really need to win this one.....not exactly in a losing streak but have been playing less than .500 ball for most of a month now....since we hit the Miss State meat grinder. ย ย  That series seemed to take a lot out of the team...offense mostly has gone south since that series....

AU had a 3-0 lead after 3 but gave up a couple runs in the fourth and still in trouble.

Well dang....left for a couple minutes and Tech added two more runs.....scored 3 this inning and still at bat leading 4-3. Some loose play by AU>.

Finally get the last out to leave 2 jackets on base...

Top of 5th and AU gets one back to tie the game 4-4

Woley then doubles to put a running in scoring position Holland...and the jackets are going to a new pitcher.ย 

Williams grounds to first to end inning leaving 2 runners on base...so game is tied going to bottom of 5th.....4-4. ย ย 

AU scratching out runs with help from tech pitchers who have given up a handful of walks tonight.ย 

Is it too much to ask for us to get through one mid week game without having to burn through several pitchers? This is so frustrating.ย 

A couple walks and a new AU pitcher Watson gives up a double to left and Tech is now up 6-4 with no outs. ย  Been something like a dozen walks in this game.....mid week pitchers I guess. ย  ย  Runner steals 3rd and then Watson gives up another walk ..runners on 1st and 3rd.

Game all of a sudden looking like most of our mid week games lately....ย 

Nice play by Woley to field a chopper and throw behind the runner at 3rd to pick him off.....saved a run and got the lead runner too.....really needed that.

Well, another hit off Watson drives in run #7 for tech....still one out and a runners on the corners.....

7th batter of the inning comes up.....

Watson wiggles off the hook...leaves the bases loaded with a nice K to end the inning. ย 
AU down 7-4 now.

11 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

How long has it been since we won a midweek game? This getting ridiculous

We need our 2 pitchers back. That will cure a lot of what ails this team.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

We need our 2 pitchers back. That will cure a lot of what ails this team.

possibly...but some of these young guys need to step up....6 walks tonight ...or maybe 7 in just over half a ball game.ย ย ย 

I really thought that this year we would be a dominating team. Like the basketball team, good things still could happen!

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

possibly...but some of these young guys need to step up....6 walks tonight ...or maybe 7 in just over half a ball game.ย ย ย 

The young guys have stepped up. Brooks Fuller and Richard Fitts have done well but they are freshman and they were not ready to become starters in the SEC. Having 2 of the best pitchers down at the same time so early in the season put Auburn in a really tough position.ย 

another walk and that's 2 on base with 2 out....AU pitchers just keeping themselves in trouble....and no blaming this problem on the umps....most of the walk pitches are not even close...

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

The young guys have stepped up. Brooks Fuller and Richard Fitts have done well but they are freshman and they were not ready to become starters in the SEC. Having 2 of the best pitchers down at the same time so early in the season put Auburn in a really tough position.ย 

..not questioning the impact of the injuries but pitchers are vulnerable and losing one or two for some of a season seems to be common.ย I'm just looking for some guys who can throw strikes. ย  Pitchers making it too easy on the bad guys....ย  โ€ฆ

At some point the walks haveย to stop and not just in mid week games but also in SEC play. I am not sure the injuries to Daniels and Owen has made that much of a difference in the wins and loses. Most likely in the MSU 20-15 game and the 15 inning game against the hogs. With those two pitching either of those games AU probably wins. In the other games including mid week AU has either not scored many runs or given up a lot. The pitching and hitting will have to get better in the second half of the SEC. I think it will.ย 

The fact that Auburn is missing two of its weekend starters and the fact 80% of this bullpen/new crop of guys need 6 foot by 6 foot strike zonesย are not mutually exclusive events. ๐Ÿ˜‚

• WarTiger changed the title to baseball vs. Georgia Tech game thread
7 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Just saw on Twitterย 9 walks given up by Auburn so far...yikes if true.ย 

YEP...and only 7th inning.....

Tech picked up another run...base hit andย  miss-play on runner advancing, etc....but score is now 10-5...and Tech has really done little earn all those runs.ย 

Archived