5 players who gained, lost most

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Okay. The initial comment was "7-10 touches, don't want to overdo it". And you've subsequently said several times that he shouldn't carry the ball 20 (or "20-25") times a game.  So hopefully you can understand why it sounds like you're setting a limit on how many times you think Worm should be allowed to carry the ball per game.

As for his size, KJ couldn't stay healthy. Pettway couldn't stay healthy. Roc Thomas, Jovon Robinson, Mike Dyer, Mario Fannin (who wasn't even a full time RB)... In fact, Tre was smaller than all those guys except Thomas, and he carried the ball 300+ times in 2013, and he stayed healthy.

It's definitely unusual for a guy Worm's size to be a lead back, but it's hardly impossible. Dexter McCluster  carried the ball 14 times a game and added 3 catches a game in 2009. That's fantastic production. McCluster weighed 10 lbs less than Worm. 

Oh, and Worm is only giving up 1 inch to Tre. He's also only giving up 1 inch to Barry Sanders. IIRC, I believe Momma said he played at ~187 last year, so he's giving up about 15 lbs to those guys. Not insignificant, but also not 20-25. And, again, he's much faster than Tre. (The GOAT probably would've given him a good race.) 

*I'm not sure why you keep saying 20 (or more). Especially when you also keep bringing up Gus's overuse of his lead back. (Nobody else has brought that up in this thread- another example of the folks who don't want to hear the criticism quite literally inviting more of it.) You're merging the two points that you're arguing against. No back on Auburn's roster needs to carry the ball 20 times a game, and 20 is literally double the top end of what you recommended for Worm. Again, look at McCluster's production. Look at what Chubb, Michel, Holyfield, etc have been doing at uga. Look at Oklahoma most years. Look at what bama's RBs have been doing most years. Except for Ingram in 2009 (close), Richardson in 2011 (closer) and Henry in 2015 (insane), their backs haven't even approached KJ's carries in 2017, or Mason's carries in 2013, or CAP's in 2014. Most of them haven't even really approached Barber's in 2015, and that's with them averaging 14 games a season. 

Who knows, maybe Horton moving on and bringing in a guy who was part of one of the most successful time shares in SEC history (18 carries a game for Caddy, 12 for Ronnie, 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 catches per game respectively) will nudge Gus in the right direction. 

You have too much time on your hands. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

True. Fortunately it gives me time to support my opinions. 

We could go back and forth like politicians from now on. We both want the same thing in the end. We are not really too far apart in how we get there. I’ll spare the board the support I have for my opinions and just say , war eagle. 

Just now, alexava said:

We could go back and forth like politicians from now on. We both want the same thing in the end. We are not really too far apart in how we get there. I’ll spare the board the support I have for my opinions and just say , war eagle. 

Dude! You're gonna take the high road and make me look like an even bigger jerk? Ugh. I hate you.

War Eagle anyway. 

Image result for begrudging handshake gif

Just now, McLoofus said:

Dude! You're gonna take the high road and make me look like an even bigger jerk? Ugh. I hate you.

War Eagle anyway. 

Image result for begrudging handshake gif

I hate you more. 😂

Archived