A-Day Clipbit - Nix to Stove TD Pass

StatTiger

If live he would have taken a massive hit and that may have affected the pass but still impressive that he kept the eyes down the field and still executed.

The biggest takeaway with Bo in the Aday game for me was him keeping his eyes downfield while on the run!

11 minutes ago, toddc said:

The biggest takeaway with Bo in the Aday game for me was him keeping his eyes downfield while on the run!

If you watch his highschool highlights, it's not surprising. Dude is a great passer on the run who is great at keeping his eyes downfield. Hes a really impressive and mature passer for his age. 

1 hour ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

If live he would have taken a massive hit and that may have affected the pass but still impressive that he kept the eyes down the field and still executed.

Same on the td from Willis to Hill. He might have been hit before the ball was even released. 

1 hour ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Also appears that Kmart quit on his block early. 

13 minutes ago, alexava said:

Also appears that Kmart quit on his block early. 

In fairness, I don't believe he was aware Nix had rolled that far out before throwing the football. (Watch his head turn and then back to the end zone.)

Just now, StatTiger said:

In fairness, I don't believe he was aware Nix had rolled that far out before throwing the football. (Watch his head turn and then back to the end zone.)

I’m sure he didn’t. He probably thought the play was pretty much dead. I don’t think it would have happened in a real game. 

What I enjoyed in regards to Nix's performance is when plays broke down or were taken away he continued to try and extend the play through the air and not necessarily scramble. We haven't had a QB be a  playmaker through the air in quite some time.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Amazing how he has grasped this already as a true freshman.

I think it’s just more inherent than learned. Many qbs never get it. 

I was  Mohommes fan as a freshman because of this. He always had it. 

The good side was what Nix did the bad side was O-line assumed play was dead and stopped. I hope Grimes chewed them a new one. If the ball is snapped you play you never assume the play is dead. The D didn't.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The good side was what Nix did the bad side was O-line assumed play was dead and stopped. I hope Grimes chewed them a new one. If the ball is snapped you play you never assume the play is dead. The D didn't.

They are coached to stand still to make sure they are not called for a false start. I have never liked it because of the potential free shot on the QB.

Can someone please explain to me why one DB and one safety lazily followed Stove? I don't understand how they couldn't or why they didn't identify Stove until it was to late? If the whistle doesn't blow aren't you supposed to keep playing? Seems like they were not fully engaged and going at half speed. 

18 minutes ago, Percolator said:

Can someone please explain to me why one DB and one safety lazily followed Stove? I don't understand how they couldn't or why they didn't identify Stove until it was to late? If the whistle doesn't blow aren't you supposed to keep playing? Seems like they were not fully engaged and going at half speed. 

That’s kinda what you are hoping for on a free play. Unless you get injured there’s nothing to lose. Play looks lackadaisical ( on both sides) and someone slips open. 

48 minutes ago, StatTiger said:

They are coached to stand still to make sure they are not called for a false start. I have never liked it because of the potential free shot on the QB.

Even after the ball is snapped?

Archived