A-Day Clipbit - Nix to Stove TD Pass

StatTiger

On 4/17/2019 at 11:35 PM, bigbird said:

What I enjoyed in regards to Nix's performance is when plays broke down or were taken away he continued to try and extend the play through the air and not necessarily scramble. We haven't had a QB be a  playmaker through the air in quite some time.

Nothing about Bo Nix starting makes me nervous. He looks like he has 2 years of cfb under his belt. 

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Nothing about Bo Nix starting makes me nervous. He looks like he has 2 years of cfb under his belt. 

Bo made a few rookie mistakes in the ADay game, but very few for a kid who should’ve been picking out a corsage for his HS prom date instead of playing college football this April.  

However, he did a lot of things that impressed me.  His ability to scramble to keep the play alive while keeping his eyes downfield to find an open receiver was very impressive!  He did that a few times.  

He went through his progressions quickly, another thing that is unusual for a kid his age.  The announcer criticized him for checking down to the TE when a receiver was open in the flat. I didn’t see that receiver or how open he was, but that checkdown was good for a first down.  Bo knew where the first down marker was.  I thought it was an alert and smart play.  

Finally, his decisiveness in the run game was good to see as well.  On one play he went through his progressions very quickly, saw no one was open, then tucked and picked up about 5 (might have been more if QBs were live).  That would’ve been a sack with JS last year.  And on a read play he beat the DE around the corner and would’ve had a huge gain, but they whistles him too soon.   4 1/2 months from now he may be ready to go!

Archived