2021 5* CB Ga'Quincy “Kool Aid” McKinstry (Bama)

War to the Eagle

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't get too excited. 

Are you saying that because the date could move or are you hearing things that he may not choose Auburn.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Are you saying that because the date could move or are you hearing things that he may not choose Auburn.

He more than likely choosing Bama

On 10/5/2020 at 1:41 PM, Sizzle said:

He more than likely choosing Bama

Shocking

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We lose him and Scoob and this feels like a colossal failure of a finish upcoming. 

To be fair, our program just became colossally difficult to recruit to. Very much a sinking ship vibe RN. Gus can save his job with wins going forward, but it might be too late to salvage his reputation to these recruits. 

He just can't keep failing to show up for big games. The camel's had its back broken many times. At some point, it's not going to get back up. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

To be fair, our program just became colossally difficult to recruit to. Very much a sinking ship vibe RN. Gus can save his job with wins going forward, but it might be too late to salvage his reputation to these recruits. 

He just can't keep failing to show up for big games. The camel's had its back broken many times. At some point, it's not going to get back up. 

This post could have been dated anytime from 2015 to present day. Apathy amongst the fan base steadily escalating.....

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Eh I mean its been difficult to recruit for since the 2017 SEC CG at the latest. 2015-16 when Kirby got his feet on the ground at the earliest. Based on insiders here, it just looks like the apathy has crept up to the coaches. I think they're tired of maintaining the masquerade 

and yeah the horrible product on the field isn't helping 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Eh I mean its been difficult to recruit for since the 2017 SEC CG at the latest. 2015-16 when Kirby got his feet on the ground at the earliest. Based on insiders here, it just looks like the apathy has crept up to the coaches. I think they're tired of maintaining the masquerade 

and yeah the horrible product on the field isn't helping 

It's been difficult because of outside forces, but we haven't self-immolated to the extent that we did Saturday night. It's like we were on a 3rd date and things had been going great and then we accidentally showed our date our browser history and they suddenly remembered they had to feed their cat. 

21 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

the horrible product on the field isn't helping 

It really is amazing how much the Georgia game completely hammered this program. All the momentum these coaches had in recruiting is out the window because we cannot compete on the field.
The only hope we have now is running the table. Maybe we can get some momentum back.

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

It really is amazing how much the Georgia game completely hammered this program. All the momentum these coaches had in recruiting is out the window because we cannot compete on the field.
The only hope we have now is running the table. Maybe we can get some momentum back.

Well, I think the recruits that sat back and listened to us recruit them now look at the on the field product.   The other programs they are considering are hammering us (as we would them during recruiting visits) and the kids see what they are saying makes sense.  

Two sad realities:

1.   We never capitalized after 2010 and 2013 or 2017 (sorta).

2.  Gus could not or did not hire an OL coach that could recruit at a high level.

result:   We never built OL depth and Gus tried to overcome that with his own micromanagement.

Who ever coaches next at Auburn better understand  they are   1) recruiting against 'the best', 'cutthroats', whatever you wish to call them  in the biz and   2) you better beat your rivals half the time or you will lose the recruiting battles.

You lose most your battles - you lose the war:

Tenn now has a program building momentum and look at their OL.

UGA  came from 10 yards back and now beating us in a 100 yd race.  LSU the same...  UF - same: they were  a dumpster fire 3 yrs ago.  

This is what hurts. 

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Well, I think the recruits that sat back and listened to us recruit them now look at the on the field product.   The other programs they are considering are hammering us (as we would them during recruiting visits) and the kids see what they are saying makes sense.  

Two sad realities:

1.   We never capitalized after 2010 and 2013 or 2017 (sorta).

2.  Gus could not or did not hire an OL coach that could recruit at a high level.

result:   We never built OL depth and Gus tried to overcome that with his own micromanagement.

Who ever coaches next at Auburn better understand  they are   1) recruiting against 'the best', 'cutthroats', whatever you wish to call them  in the biz and   2) you better beat your rivals half the time or you will lose the recruiting battles.

You lose most your battles - you lose the war:

Tenn now has a program building momentum and look at their OL.

UGA  came from 10 yards back and now beating us in a 100 yd race.  LSU the same...  UF - same: they were  a dumpster fire 3 yrs ago.  

This is what hurts. 

Yup, Gus defenders have been scared of "becoming Tennessee" without understanding that that's where the damn Gus Bus is taking them. The recruits are noticing this and eventually, sooner rather than later, the brand will be severely damaged

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

The recruits are noticing this and eventually, sooner rather than later, the brand will be severely damaged

No doubt Auburn got their backends handed to them last week and some are talking about how good Tennessee is. Maybe they are but they had trouble with SC handled Mizzo but over next 3 weeks have Ga., KY, Bama lets see how they do there before we say they are great. They could have turned the corner and then Auburn looks even worse or they could lose 3 in a row which might help us against Tenn.  in recruiting. There is no doubt Kool aid and Scooby are looking elsewhere now and rightly so but lets play 2 or three more games and see what happens.

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

Probably impossible but we definitely need a guy that's on the polar end, manner wise, as Gus. Impossible because a guy like that usually isnt someone Auburn considers very often. GA realized they needed an a**hole after Richt, and they never looked back since then. That nice guy stuff is okay in front of cameras but I don't think Gene or Gus have the edge to go with O, Kirby and Saban year in and year out

48 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great song

One of the best “B” sides ever (“Should I Stay or Should I Go”by The Clash probably the best). Love The Smiths. Morrissey a talented but strange dude. Hot girl in the vid too. That tremolo throb that opens the song sounds even better with headphones (or AirPods these days, lol)

37 minutes ago, fredst said:

One of the best “B” sides ever (“Should I Stay or Should I Go”by The Clash probably the best). Love The Smiths. Morrissey a talented but strange dude. Hot girl in the vid too. That tremolo throb that opens the song sounds even best with headphones (or AirPods these days, lol)

Totally agree one of my favorite B sides was Rod Strewart Maggie May 

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Totally agree one of my favorite B sides was Rod Strewart Maggie May 

Nice. Love that song- did not know “Maggie” was a B side

21 hours ago, Zeek said:

At least we could sell immediate playing time lol

bama's secondary got scorched by Ole Miss this past week also.  The difference is bama's O made up for how bad their D played. 

Archived