2021 5* CB Ga'Quincy “Kool Aid” McKinstry (Bama)

War to the Eagle

This cat is from Pinson, is rated the #7 overall prospect in the country, has one CB and it is for AU.  Can someone please tell me who in the world this is?  And are we legitimately leading for him right now?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My search showed he is a 2021 prospect. Listed as athlete. CB or receiver I imagine based on his 6’ 175 frame

On 4/18/2019 at 8:58 AM, War to the Eagle said:

This cat is from Pinston, is rated the #7 overall prospect in the country, has one CB and it is for AU.  Can someone please tell me who in the world this is?  And are we legitimately leading for him right now?

Many think he was the #1 player in the state last year. Is the best athlete by far in the state. Way way to early to say AU leads. Huge battle going on for him. But we are in his top 2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 11:17 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Many think he was the #1 player in the state last year. Is the best athlete by far in the state. Way way to early to say AU leads. Huge battle going on for him. But we are in his top 2.

Hey WDE!! When do you think we will start getting some commitments?  We seem to be falling further & further down the top 25 lists of 2020 recruits. Should we start worrying or do you think things will pick up for us soon?

Thanks & WDE

25 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Hey WDE!! When do you think we will start getting some commitments?  We seem to be falling further & further down the top 25 lists of 2020 recruits. Should we start worrying or do you think things will pick up for us soon?

Thanks & WDE

Hey doc...not wde but I think we are fine. Pretty much the same every year. Let's get through BIG CAT and see where we stand. I think things will pick up considerably before the season starts. No inside information. Just what I've seen over the years following cruitin. Others thoughts on this?

WAR EAGLE!!!

10 hours ago, SlocombTiger said:

Hey doc...not wde but I think we are fine. Pretty much the same every year. Let's get through BIG CAT and see where we stand. I think things will pick up considerably before the season starts. No inside information. Just what I've seen over the years following cruitin. Others thoughts on this?

WAR EAGLE!!!

I pretty much agree with you. Auburn usually starts fairly slowly and then as Big Cat hits we usually get a few some time soon after but we get indications we are in top 3 for a lot of others and then slowly reel them in. As discussed in a different thread we are not in the same position as the bama, Clemson, Ga types who can often tell kids declare now or goodbye we always seem to have to fight up to final day. That said we always seem to pull in a solid class. 

Please don't be Andrew Booth all over again Please don't be Andrew Booth all over again Please don't be Andrew Booth all over again

IMG_1813.GIF

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Please don't Andrew Booth all over again Please don't be Andrew Booth all over again Please don't be Andrew Booth all over again

IMG_1813.GIF

Did Booth even play last year for Clemson?  He definitely would have played for Auburn the way we rotate in new guys constantly on defense...

8 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Did Booth even play last year for Clemson?  He definitely would have played for Auburn the way we rotate in new guys constantly on defense...

I'm pretty sure Booth was still in HS last year.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:48 PM, SlocombTiger said:

I think things will pick up considerably before the season starts. No inside information. Just what I've seen over the years following cruitin. Others thoughts on this?

Simply my opinion, but AU needs to recruit with a greater sense of urgency, which includes loading up on commits prior to the season. Go back and read the amount of threads from last year on this topic. Those like me, were told we needed to be patient, we were in on some of the best talent, and we could finish with our top class ever. Come February we had a really solid class, good enough for 5th or 6th in the SEC and 4th in our own division. Unless we load up on BCW, I expect us to be in the same spot this year we were last year. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Simply my opinion, but AU needs to recruit with a greater sense of urgency, which includes loading up on commits prior to the season. Go back and read the amount of threads from last year on this topic. Those like me, were told we needed to be patient, we were in on some of the best talent, and we could finish with our top class ever. Come February we had a really solid class, good enough for 5th or 6th in the SEC and 4th in our own division. Unless we load up on BCW, I expect us to be in the same spot this year we were last year. 

I agree that a sense of urgency would produce commitments at a different time frame. But I think recruiting,  just like our play on the field is a result of GM personally. Don't think urgency will produce any difference in talent just when someone commits. Just my .02..

WAR EAGLE!!!

2 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Dang that felt like forever ago

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Dang that felt like forever ago

Not to me 

IMG_1814.GIF

On 5/11/2019 at 5:54 PM, aujeff11 said:

Haven’t heard Gaquincy Mckinstry yet

5 Star CDs: 220px-Young_Jeezy_-_The_Recession.jpg

220px-AkonFreedom.PNG

And my first crush:

731453600324.jpg?v=2

Who's bed have your boots been under?  😁

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 5* CB Ga'Quincy McKinstry
  • 1 month later...

In not so good recruiting news, Clemson & Bama reporters says Clemson leads for GQM & have since they offered over the Summer. Clemson reporter Anna Hickey is close to putting in a crystal ball pick in for Clemson. We really need him to visit for our rivalry games to try to get some of the momentum back. He hasn't visited AU yet this season.

Kids like this used to never leave the state. Clemson and UGA have changed that unfortunately.

On 5/6/2019 at 3:19 PM, NorthGATiger said:

Yup!
So far this year he has one tackle against Georgia Tech and one pass breakup against Syracuse.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

In not so good recruiting news, Clemson & Bama reporters says Clemson leads for GQM & have since they offered over the Summer. Clemson reporter Anna Hickey is close to putting in a crystal ball pick in for Clemson. We really need him to visit for our rivalry games to try to get some of the momentum back. He hasn't visited AU yet this season.

That's tough. Still a long way from 2021 but Clemson is a tough team to recruit against right now.

1 hour ago, CR said:

Kids like this used to never leave the state. Clemson and UGA have changed that unfortunately.

The state has definitely lost a lot of talent to Clemson recently but to be fair some don't want to stay at home and it's easier than ever to live further from home.

Archived