2021 5* CB Ga'Quincy “Kool Aid” McKinstry (Bama)

War to the Eagle

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of curiosity, and I promise this will be it from me on it in Kool-Aid's thread, I went and looked in 23 was still very active in 2017. So the JF3 thing wasn't what made him leave. At least not permanently. 

He did take an extended break after the 2017 LSU game. We probably all should have.

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Take this for what it's worth because this is just how I remember it and probably not exactly how it was. But as Bird said 23 was all in on JF3. I don't know if he was crucified just for having that opinion, but when once folks disagreed with him, the conversation didn't go too well and he might have been crucified a little bit for the leaky rationale that led him to that conclusion and that made him adhere to it.

I don't remember that he ever packaged his opinion as inside information. I don't think it was about that. I know people like to player hate on our insiders and some folks live for them to be wrong about something, which is why I mentioned that. Also, I don't remember him stating that he was taking his ball and going home. And it didn't seem like a conversation that warranted a departure. But his departure did seem to happen right around then.

You are on the right path.  While at Auburn 23 was a manager for the football team so naturally he had a lot of connections.  After he graduated he kept those connections so he did have inside info.  23 had good info but had a positive spin to it.  He really liked JFIII and stuck to his guns.  After it did not pan out with JFIII many questioned his credibility relentlessly.  Some even head-hunted him really.  It just was not worth it if he was being nice enough to share his information (for free) and people were not appreciative.  I don't blame him for walking.

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Out of curiosity, and I promise this will be it from me on it in Kool-Aid's thread, I went and looked in 23 was still very active in 2017. So the JF3 thing wasn't what made him leave. At least not permanently. 

He did take an extended break after the 2017 LSU game. We probably all should have.

In 2017 people still would not let go of the JFIII thing.  Last August he stated he wanted to come back on here, but when the huge argument war erupted on this forum last season he decided to not come back just yet.  I don't blame him as this forum was pretty nasty for a while during the season.

11 hours ago, abw0004 said:

then the big war between the two sides on this forum erupted and made him not want to come back.  

I either missed or don't remember this war happening. The biggest riff I remember was from before the site merger that drove off a lot of connected people.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Take this for what it's worth because this is just how I remember it and probably not exactly how it was. But as Bird said 23 was all in on JF3. I don't know if he was crucified just for having that opinion, but when once folks disagreed with him, the conversation didn't go too well and he might have been crucified a little bit for the leaky rationale that led him to that conclusion and that made him adhere to it.

Ah! This must have been in the football forum which I don't visit unless PTB or WDE posts something there or I post a new topic.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I don't remember that he ever packaged his opinion as inside information

Not sure if this sentence is specifically referring to JF3 but most of what he said overall was inside info. He had a couple extremely good contacts in the AD.

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

After he graduated he kept those connections so he did have inside info.  23 had good info but had a positive spin to it

@abw0004 Not sure if he told you but he also had a couple family members on staff.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not sure if this sentence is specifically referring to JF3 but most of what he said overall was inside info. He had a couple extremely good contacts in the AD.

Oh, for sure. I always believed his info and never doubted his credentials. My intent was to clarify that I don't recall 23 trying to flex his creds with the JFIII stuff. He was just sharing his opinion, as far as I know. 

Side note: In my quick bit of research, I was reminded that 23 started a thread to straight up apologize to the board for the bad intel on Rashaan Evans. (That was different because it was a situation where every insider was telling us what they thought they knew, vs what they thought they thought.) That's a stand up guy. He didn't have to do that.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Side note: In my quick bit of research, I was reminded that 23 started a thread to straight up apologize to the board for the bad intel on Rashaan Evans. (That was different because it was a situation where every insider was telling us what they thought they knew, vs what they thought they thought.) That's a stand up guy. He didn't have to do that.

I remember this day vividly for some reason. Totally wasn’t his fault as all thought it was a done deal, but still doing that was big of him. Always liked 23 and he was one of the most connected we’ve had here in a hot minute. 

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Absolutely didn't. Wasn't his or any AU Insider's fault. Evans lied to every source connected to AU.

14 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Sorry I derailed this by asking about 23. So do we feel like we are looking good for Kool Aid?

Never.

24 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Sorry I derailed this by asking about 23.

Don't be. It was great to reminisce & get that ironed out.

41 minutes ago, bg5 said:

So do we feel like we are looking good for Kool Aid?

There is some confidence from AU's side but it's never over for the #1 In State recruit until NSD when Bama is involved. We haven't landed the #1 In State Recruit since Michael McNeil in 2007 & only landed 2 in the recruiting site era with Ben Obomanu being the other in 2002.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There is some confidence from AU's side but it's never over for the #1 In State recruit until NSD when Bama is involved. We haven't landed the #1 In State Recruit since Michael McNeil in 2007 & only landed 2 in the recruiting site era with Ben Obomanu being the other in 2002.

5 Important Money Talks Every Couple Should Have | Money stories ...

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We haven't landed the #1 In State Recruit since Michael McNeil in 2007 & only landed 2 in the recruiting site era with Ben Obomanu being the other in 2002.

I almost argued but then I remembered that we like to get Mr. Football instead. 

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Oh my. I didn't know we had gone that long. None of our instate RB signees were #1? 

So it's not even a Saban thing based on these dates...:(

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Kinda how I've felt from the get go with him. I always felt like it was Bama or AU just due to the history of recruiting in Alabama. Never felt like he was going out of state, its where my original discussion came from a couple pages back.

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Never felt like he was going out of state,

Funny you should say that. Keith posted recently Kool Aid is very much open to leaving the state & that was a reason LSU is a major factor.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Funny you should say that. Keith posted recently Kool Aid is very much open to leaving the state & that was a reason LSU is a major factor.

huh, interesting. Keef always one step ahead of my stupid takes.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

I either missed or don't remember this war happening. The biggest riff I remember was from before the site merger that drove off a lot of connected people.

It was last season on the football side.  It was the people that viewed themselves as "optimists" vs. those that view themselves as "realists."  It got pretty nasty with a lot of name calling and just was not a fun time to be on the forum.

19 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

@ellitor you only say that because you haven't seen her when she's been fed after midnight.

She becomes a little Gremlin? lol

On 8/10/2020 at 9:01 PM, Leftfield said:

Based on this, and my daughter's Halloween picture from 4 years ago, he's all AU.

Image may contain: 1 person

This is amazing on so many levels. Excellent, excellent work by all involved.

Archived