2021 5* CB Ga'Quincy “Kool Aid” McKinstry (Bama)

War to the Eagle

20 hours ago, The Jboy Show said:

Been saying it. We’re the first people to say it and I see I took kind of a beating in this thread. I promise you the info is good. We are first most of the time but it’s impossible to be every time. We don’t board watch but I only put a prediction out when I’m at least 85% sure regardless of timing. That is why we are 37/38 and don’t put things like a 6 out of 10. I’m not putting out predictions at 60% haha. And I love Ramone and he has been very loyal to the show since the beginning and doesn’t even consider himself a recruiting insider. I don’t understand the hate on him, he’s never even been on the show. Anyway I’m not thin skinned and know I have to earn my stripes, even though our percentage is pretty good.

Thanks for joining the forum. Unfortunately, when you put yourself out there, it will always be a pro and con,  if your prediction is right or wrong. I am sure you already know this. Just keep sharing that info. We see how wrong many of the mainstream insiders can be, but when they are right it is huge. Thanks for the info.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, The Jboy Show said:

Been saying it. We’re the first people to say it and I see I took kind of a beating in this thread. I promise you the info is good. We are first most of the time but it’s impossible to be every time. We don’t board watch but I only put a prediction out when I’m at least 85% sure regardless of timing. That is why we are 37/38 and don’t put things like a 6 out of 10. I’m not putting out predictions at 60% haha. And I love Ramone and he has been very loyal to the show since the beginning and doesn’t even consider himself a recruiting insider. I don’t understand the hate on him, he’s never even been on the show. Anyway I’m not thin skinned and know I have to earn my stripes, even though our percentage is pretty good.

I really appreciate the information you give us. I appreciate that you use an 85% standard when making a prediction  but even with that you missed one out of 38. The reason you missed one we are talking about 17-19 year old's who can be mercurial. Please keep posting and as another poster already mentioned when you miss one somebody is going to hate on you sorry but that happens on all boards ignore the people that hate and keep the information flowing. I am really glad you stated you are not thin skinned as you have to be able to take the abuse at times. Please know that most of us will appreciate you when you do get abused and hopefully will defend you.

Really appreciate that and I actually have the Auburn graphic of Leary they made when he was supposed to commit. There will always be people that hate but that’s okay. I have been screamed at by opposing fans for awhile now so it’s kind of the norm. Will try and do the best I can to keep you guys updated. I would really appreciate if you guys give my show a listen anywhere you get your podcasts if you haven’t already!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-jboy-show/id1507349475

3 minutes ago, The Jboy Show said:

Really appreciate that and I actually have the Auburn graphic of Leary they made when he was supposed to commit. There will always be people that hate but that’s okay. I have been screamed at by opposing fans for awhile now so it’s kind of the norm. Will try and do the best I can to keep you guys updated. I would really appreciate if you guys give my show a listen anywhere you get your podcasts if you haven’t already!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-jboy-show/id1507349475

Coach can you confirm what I already theorized from listening to you & reading others' connected posts that Christian Leary was a silent to AU up til a day or 2 before picking Bama?

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Coach can you confirm what I already theorized from listening to you & reading others' connected posts that Christian Leary was a silent to AU up til a day or 2 before picking Bama?

Yes he was. I want to post the graphic in here but I don't want it to get out and embarass the kid regardless of what he did.

21 hours ago, The Jboy Show said:

Yeah, you probably caught that I'm not one to believe a lot of recruiting hype but it's nothing personal. I'm sure you and all the people you have on your show have sources. I'm just super cynical when it comes to believing anything until the ink has dried. I know something like 90% of commitments stick, but those 10% are usually game changers and guys like Jalen Green and Kool-aid are in that category. I don't put it past the REC to tell a guy like JG, "don't go to AU, go G-league and will will sweeten the deal even more." Also, it's been mentioned in this thread that uat doesn't lose these type of recruits. All told, I'm glad you don't really put a lot of stock in some middle-age rando on the internet's opinion of you or any homegrown recruiting gurus. You guys are clearly successful and congrats to you for that. You are all over my Twitter feed and I don't even follow you (I don't follow any recruiting stuff outside what @ellitor posts, so don't take that personal). I wasn't aware either that you were actually doing this for a living (based on your text to the recruit, if "feed the fam" is literal and not just about feeding info to your followers...), so it's clear your picks have a lot of weight behind them. Some folks who are connected don't rely on being right to eat. I'll leave it at that. 

13 minutes ago, The Jboy Show said:

Yes he was. I want to post the graphic in here but I don't want it to get out and embarass the kid regardless of what he did.

@The Jboy Show Don't post it. This is a public board so it definitely would get out& embarrass him plus we trust you on it.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@The Jboy Show Don't post it. This is a public board so it definitely would get out& embarrass him plus we trust you on it.

He embarrassed the AU coaches and AU, I say post it! 

I keed, I keed. :D

12 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Yeah, you probably caught that I'm not one to believe a lot of recruiting hype but it's nothing personal. I'm sure you and all the people you have on your show have sources. I'm just super cynical when it comes to believing anything until the ink has dried. I know something like 90% of commitments stick, but those 10% are usually game changers and guys like Jalen Green and Kool-aid are in that category. I don't put it past the REC to tell a guy like JG, "don't go to AU, go G-league and will will sweeten the deal even more." Also, it's been mentioned in this thread that uat doesn't lose these type of recruits. All told, I'm glad you don't really put a lot of stock in some middle-age rando on the internet's opinion of you or any homegrown recruiting gurus. You guys are clearly successful and congrats to you for that. You are all over my Twitter feed and I don't even follow you (I don't follow any recruiting stuff outside what @ellitor posts, so don't take that personal). I wasn't aware either that you were actually doing this for a living (based on your text to the recruit, if "feed the fam" is literal and not just about feeding info to your followers...), so it's clear your picks have a lot of weight behind them. Some folks who are connected don't rely on being right to eat. I'll leave it at that. 

Very much appreciated and yes I do take the picks seriously and we can always amend them if something changes, even though it is rare (only happened twice in 39 attempts) but at the end of the day they are kids and some tend to decommit or change their mind. For example Malachi Bennett chose UAB over SEC offers because of his girlfriend. He told me he was about to commit to Ole Miss and we put out a prediction then two days later he texted me saying he needed more time. In the end he let us know he was choosing UAB so we amended it but Malachi was great about communication and most kids aren't like that as I am sure you guys know. Appreciate your kind words.

Here is our prediction list:

Prediction List- 38/39=97%

• Greg Brown-BB-Texas👌🏻
  • Ian Jackson-FB-Alabama👌🏻
  • Garner Langlo-FB-Auburn👌🏻
  • Chaundee Brown-BB-Michigan👌🏻
  • Caleb Johnson -FB-Auburn👌🏻
  • Tarvarish Dawson-FB-Auburn👌🏻
  • Jaeden Roberts -FB-Auburn👌🏻
  • Dematrius Davis -FB-Auburn👌🏻
  • Frank Anselem -BB-Syracuse👌🏻
  • JT Thor -BB-Auburn👌🏻
  • Lake Mcree -FB-USCw👌🏻
  • Barrett Carter -FB-Clemson👌🏻
  • Bobby Pettiford -BB-Louisville👌🏻
  • Lucas Coley-FB-Arkansas👌🏻
  • Landen King -FB-Auburn👌🏻
  • Dylan Cardwell -BB-Auburn👌🏻
  • Kyndrich Breedlove -FB-Ole Miss👌🏻
  • Christian Leary-FB- Bama-👎
  • Jaylon Beasley-FB-Troy 👌🏻
  • Trey Patterson-BB-Villanova👌🏻
  • Daeshun Ruffin-BB-Ole Miss👌🏻
  • Jonathan Kuminga-BB-Pro 👌🏻
  • Latrell Neville-FB-Nebraska👌🏻
  • Andrew Nembhard-BB-Gonzaga👌🏻
  • El Ellis-BB-Louisville 👌🏻
  • Josh Beadle-BB-Clemson👌🏻
  • Jaden Hardy-BB-UK ?
  • Mac Etienne-BB-Illinois 👌🏻
  • Skyy Clark-BB-UK ?
  • Adonai Mitchell-FB-Georgia👌🏻
  • Alex Tchikou-BB-Alabama👌🏻
  • Kobe Bufkin-BB-Michigan 👌🏻
  • Kamren Kinchens-FB-Miami👌🏻
  • Malachi Bennett-FB-UAB👌🏻
  • James Brockermeyer-FB-Bama👌🏻
  • Jeremiah Williams-FB-Auburn
  • Leonard Taylor-FB-Miami👌🏻
  • Maason Smith-FB-LSU ?
  • Marquis Robinson-FB-Auburn👌🏻
  • Ahmari Harvey-FB-Auburn ?
  • Nyland Green-FB-Georgia ?
  • Monkell Goodwine-FB-Alabama👌🏻
  • Malcolm Johnson-FB-Auburn 👌🏻
  • Kennedy Chandler-BB-Tenn.👌🏻
  • Ga’Quincy Mckinstry-FB-Auburn ?
  • Javon Bullard-FB-Georgia 👌🏻

7 hours ago, DAG said:

Thanks for joining the forum. Unfortunately, when you put yourself out there, it will always be a pro and con,  if your prediction is right or wrong. I am sure you already know this. Just keep sharing that info. We see how wrong many of the mainstream insiders can be, but when they are right it is huge. Thanks for the info.

Appreciate that and will do! 

34 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We lead for Koolaid. FWIW. Some factors that are in our way but all in all we lead. 

When you say some factors are in our way? Is one of them that one of his parents is strongly in favor of bama?

40 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We lead for Koolaid. FWIW. Some factors that are in our way but all in all we lead. 

Yep I agree. We were the first to put out a prediction on him to Auburn. Auburn has been leading for awhile and I think he could commit Saturday.

Cool Aid Man GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY                       for those that remember   "oh yeah!"

35 minutes ago, The Jboy Show said:

Yep I agree. We were the first to put out a prediction on him to Auburn. Auburn has been leading for awhile and I think he could commit Saturday.

Saturday?  Publicly?  Wow.

50 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

😳

In the interview with him I saw he mentioned he wanted to commit to a school and try to build a great class around him.  Since he is a 5 star and bama already has about 6 I think he is all AU.

29 minutes ago, tinman said:

In the interview with him I saw he mentioned he wanted to commit to a school and try to build a great class around him.  Since he is a 5 star and bama already has about 6 I think he is all AU.

And we have Bruce Pearl , er um Bruce Almighty 

Almighty GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

18 minutes ago, Beaker said:

And we have Bruce Pearl , er um Bruce Almighty 

Almighty GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I keep forgetting about the hoops thing. 

Would be so remarkable to have a two-sport guy who plays football and something fun to watch, too.

Edit: Apologies, forgot about all the track guys. I need to see if I can ever find some AU track on TV.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I need to see if I can ever find some AU track on TV.

I imagine that the only way you might be able to find to watch them, short of attending, is online, though I don't have a clue where one would look for such a broadcast.

20 minutes ago, Rednilla said:
25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I need to see if I can ever find some AU track on TV.

I imagine that the only way you might be able to find to watch them, short of attending, is online, though I don't have a clue where one would look for such a broadcast.

@McLoofus @Rednilla Track meets rarely have video coverage. The online ones that really do are mainly the SEC & NCAA Championships. They are usually streamed online on the ESPN App & then on TV taped delayed at some random time.

56 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Would be so remarkable to have a two-sport guy who plays football and something fun to watch, too.

Edit: Apologies, forgot about all the track guys. I need to see if I can ever find some AU track on TV.

Follow @Momma Worm for all of the track and field updates. She’s the track season update voice on the board anyway. I’ve been missing her input and hopefully she’ll be around more now that the fall season is starting up.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

And Shenker said he was going to start playing baseball again 

Archived