2021 5* CB Ga'Quincy “Kool Aid” McKinstry (Bama)

War to the Eagle

Koolaid huh?   

Why is he called Koolaid?    

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Beaker said:

You are picking me apart here...and I will forgive you for that.  

We are not 'little brother,'. Well not since we went home and home.  I went to those game in BHM in 84 and 85 when there was no way we had 40% of the tickets.   The home-home thing changed everything.  I kinda doubt it was ever 50/50 with thousands of tickets being sold in BHM.

I clearly stated 6-0 with six trips to the playoffs.   Two teams from the same division have never been to the playoffs.  If we go, it is safe to presume bama stays home.  yes I know we beat them and they went to the playoffs one year based on popularity, but I clearly said we go to the playoffs and win more than one title.

We go playoffs  and win more than one title.   That is pretty clear.  

Heck, let them go also - "and we win more than one (national) title" by beating them again I guess.  

I thought my choice was clear:  I want to own bama and win titles.   

Let's get back to the recruit.   So much for some fun banter about whipping bama and winning titles.

McKinstry - what does he play CB?   

You didn't mention anything about winning past Bama in the initial post I quoted. But yes, of course, all other things being equal, I would certainly want to beat Bama 6 straight times. I'd like it even better if we won 10 straight, to one up their 9 straight from 73-81. I just don't like making as big an issue over it as we (me included) have in the past.

But yes, McKinstry. I don't really have that good of a feeling about him coming to Auburn. I would obviously love it if he did choose Auburn, and not just because we need corners, or because he played with Bo in high school and I'd like it if he wanted to do so again, though both play a part. No, the guy is an athlete and then some. But I don't think he's going to be residing on the Plains any time soon.

Be kinda cool if he came, though. We could call him GQ.

• 3 weeks later...

We got a announcement about a announcement!!!!!! lol. WOOO!!!!! What a time to be alive. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

For those who don't know it will be AU, Bama & LSU.

What happened to Clemson ? I haven’t been keeping up I guess......

1 hour ago, fredst said:

What happened to Clemson ? I haven’t been keeping up I guess......

Not as high on their board & I think they prefer him at S.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not as high on their board & I think they prefer him at S.

I know evaluations and needs differ but just, damn.... you know you are recruiting at an elite level when 5* are just being put in the queue. Oh well, hopefully it works in our favor (despite the 66% chance of catastrophe, lol- love that line)

On 7/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

66% chance of a catastrophe 

67% actually, or rather, 66.666666...% which rounds up. :gofig:

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

RMX] Smartass by kroosa22 - Meme Center

Better than being a dumb ass. 😎

19 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Better than being a dumb ass. 😎

Yup! Too much of that going around lately.

22 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to Tay it’s an Auburn and LSU battle and AU might be in the lead at the moment. 

Have a hard time believing this. 

27 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Have a hard time believing this. 

I agree I don’t really know how reliable Tay is. But my inside source from Bama says it’s a Bama/AU battle with Bama leaning probably 70/30

if it just came down to coaching duos, Id take LSU by a narrow margin over Auburn and a decent sized gap between them and Alabama. You can possibly compete for a ring and go to the league for football (at this position) if you picked either one, but I feel like Bruce and Wade do ALOT for guards, and the verdict is still out for Oats.

9 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to Tay it’s an Auburn and LSU battle and AU might be in the lead at the moment. 

This info came from the JBoy show.

14 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Apparently he loves Gus and Bruce Pearl.

If it's important to the kid that he likes the football and basketball HCs, he's not going to find a better combo in the country. 

22 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

if it just came down to coaching duos, Id take LSU by a narrow margin over Auburn and a decent sized gap between them and Alabama. You can possibly compete for a ring and go to the league for football (at this position) if you picked either one, but I feel like Bruce and Wade do ALOT for guards, and the verdict is still out for Oats.

Dang, Will Wade's gonna make him a Strong *** Offer™️ isnt he? 😒

All I’m saying is if anyone really thinks this is anything other than an AU/Bama battle they’re fooling themselves. People really believe a 5* instate DB is gonna leave the state? 

12 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

All I’m saying is if anyone really thinks this is anything other than an AU/Bama battle they’re fooling themselves. People really believe a 5* instate DB is gonna leave the state? 

@ClaytonAU with all due respect no they aren’t. With what Bama has in their class at CB and S and what they are in good position for getting with other targets I wouldn’t be surprised if Kool-Aid is not a take for them. Given LSU is essentially DBU yes they very well could land Kool-Aid.

Archived