2021 5* CB Ga'Quincy “Kool Aid” McKinstry (Bama)

War to the Eagle

52 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

All I’m saying is if anyone really thinks this is anything other than an AU/Bama battle they’re fooling themselves. People really believe a 5* instate DB is gonna leave the state? 

Yeah why wouldn’t he? Big time guys leaving this state happens all the time. It wouldn’t surprise me if he went to LSU. Some guys don’t want to stay in state

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@ClaytonAU with all due respect no they aren’t. With what Bama has in their class at CB and S and what they are in good position for getting with other targets I wouldn’t be surprised if Kool-Aid is not a take for them. Given LSU is essentially DBU yes they very well could land Kool-Aid.

And with all due respect, if there’s a 5* instate DB, Nick Saban typically lands them. That’s where my post is coming from. I don’t see a situation where if Kool-aid wants to go to Bama they don’t make room for him seeing as he’s a top 25 player in the country and the #1 player in the state. 

Take it a step further since 08, every instate DB above the .90 threshold on the composite (except Christian Williams out of Dafne who went to Miami in 19’ and Dee Finley who went to UF in 08.) never left the state.

38 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah why wouldn’t he? Big time guys leaving this state happens all the time. It wouldn’t surprise me if he went to LSU. Some guys don’t want to stay in state

Because since 08 Nick Saban has never not landed a 5* instate DB. 

4 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

And with all due respect, if there’s a 5* instate DB, Nick Saban typically lands them. That’s where my post is coming from. I don’t see a situation where if Kool-aid wants to go to Bama they don’t make room for him seeing as he’s a top 25 player in the country and the #1 player in the state. 

Take it a step further since 08, every instate DB above the .90 threshold on the composite (except Christian Williams out of Dafne who went to Miami in 19’ and Dee Finley who went to UF in 08.) never left the state.

AHHH DEE FINLEY one of my worst and first recruiting heartbreaks when I first started to become juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit obsessed with crutin! lol. My first introduction in to a highly recruited guy from the Auburn and Opelika area spurning us! hahahah. Turned out to be a huge bust unlike 2 of the more recent ones......

45 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

for him seeing as he’s a top 25 player in the country and the #1 player in the state. 

That’s how recruiting sites see him but that may not how Bama has him on their board. They could be like a lot of other teams and see him as a safety because he doesn’t have top end CB speed. Plus he got torched by three star wide receiver Roc Taylor in the playoffs last year.

45 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Regardless you still can’t count out LSU since they are the modern-day DBU. It would be foolish to flippantly do so.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

AHHH DEE FINLEY one of my worst recruiting heartbreaks when I first started to become juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit obsessed with crutin! lol. My first introduction in to a highly recruited guy from the Auburn and Opelika area spurning us! hahahah. Turned out to be a huge bust unlike 2 of the more recent ones......

Straight out of our own backyard, per usual. 😂

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That’s how recruiting sites see him but that may not how Bama has him on their board. They could be like a lot of other teams and see him as a safety because he doesn’t have top end CB speed. Plus he got torched by three star wide receiver Roc Taylor in the playoffs last year.

Regardless you still can’t count out LSU since they are the modern-day DBU. It would be foolish to flippantly do so.

So what you’re telling me is that he’ll eventually get dropped in rankings, conveniently be trending our way, and then the Auburn drop will be solidified as a real thing? 

7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

So what you’re telling me is that he’ll eventually get dropped in rankings, conveniently be trending our way, and then the Auburn drop will be solidified as a real thing? 

He’s already dropped some on ESPN and rivals. He wouldn’t be a composite five-star anymore if it wasn’t for 247‘s rating of him.

10 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

If I'm not mistaken, we ourselves already have Nyland Green higher on our board.

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If I'm not mistaken, we ourselves already have Nyland Green higher on our board.

Not relevant. We would take both. Keith said yesterday we are now planning to take three or four CBs.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not relevant. We would take both. Keith said yesterday we are now planning to take three or four CBs.

Re-read what I was responding to. It was relevant to that. 

24 minutes ago, TheCHF said:

@ellitor how do you think we stand with Koolaid in your opinion? 

I just follow the info & don't really have an opinion. I would like to hear Keith confirming what Tay said before I would genuinely like Auburn's chances.

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Re-read what I was responding to. It was relevant to that. 

Still don't see it as relevant. What does it matter who's higher on the board at a position if you are taking 3 or 4 & both are takes?

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Still don't see it as relevant. What does it matter who's higher on the board at a position if you are taking 3 or 4 & both are takes?

Jeez, man. Clayton said- maybe jokingly- that Kool-Aid's ranking would drop as he trends towards us. I merely pointed out that our own rankings of the kid might not be as sky-high as his current recruiting ranking is. I promise Clayton understands the relevance. Hopefully others are just flying on by this unnecessary sidebar. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I just follow the info & don't really have an opinion. I would like to hear Keith confirming what Tay said before I would genuinely like Auburn's chances.

Same

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Jeez, man. Clayton said- maybe jokingly- that Kool-Aid's ranking would drop as he trends towards us. I merely pointed out that our own rankings of the kid might not be as sky-high as his current recruiting ranking is. I promise Clayton understands the relevance. Hopefully others are just flying on by this unnecessary sidebar. 

Yeah I was joking, sometimes it doesn’t come across that way. Oh well, sorry for the derailment. 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Yeah I was joking, sometimes it doesn’t come across that way. Oh well, sorry for the derailment. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Derail wasn't your fault, bro. And I love making fun of Recruiting Sites Hate Auburn.

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Sometimes I say this kids name because it’s fun . Hope we get him 

Me too! It's up there with Karibi Dede.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The Jboy Show Made an official prediction on Kool-Aid this morning to Auburn via text.

You think he’s still gonna release a top 3 today or is he gonna go ahead and commit? 

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The Jboy Show Made an official prediction on Kool-Aid this morning to Auburn via text.

So it will be uat then. These Twitter famous self-proclaimed recruiting gurus haven’t had a good summer so far. But good on them for growing a following.

17 minutes ago, jared52 said:

So it will be uat then. These Twitter famous self-proclaimed recruiting gurus haven’t had a good summer so far. But good on them for growing a following.

They’ve been right on every prediction except one... 

Archived