2021 5* CB Ga'Quincy “Kool Aid” McKinstry (Bama)

War to the Eagle

Hey @bigbird. Keith said last night he thinks Kool-Aid is better suited to be a safety instead of CB. He thinks he would be a great free safety because of his skills but is not sure he has the speed necessary to play CB in the SEC. What do you think?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hey @bigbird. He said last night he thinks Kool-Aid is better suited to be a safety instead of CB. He thinks he would be a great free safety because of his skills but is not sure he has the speed necessary to play CB in the SEC. What do you think?

I think he could be successful at CB but I understand people saying he’ll be better suited at FS. He could be a monster at FS roaming the middle of the field. He could instantly turn defense to offense like Eddie Jackson did at Bama

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Philip Dukes. He’s a new name but I haven’t seen him missing anything yet I don’t think.

Right. We were discussing how he spends most of his time tweeting that he has info, and then drops vague hints at it once he does give any details. Again, I'm very happy these guys can do something they love, I just don't pay any attention to them and don't trust their info, not necessarily because of who it is that's saying the info, it's the whole recruiting process. The paid guys are more reliable because their jobs are on the line.

3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Right. We were discussing how he spends most of his time tweeting that he has info, and then drops vague hints at it once he does give any details. Again, I'm very happy these guys can do something they love, I just don't pay any attention to them and don't trust their info, not necessarily because of who it is that's saying the info, it's the whole recruiting process. The paid guys are more reliable because their jobs are on the line.

His twitter posts that he later deletes haven't been vague from what I've seen.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

His twitter posts that he later deletes haven't been vague from what I've seen.

Man, that dude really does hustle. I follow him and have been growing a little weary of his thing. Don't get me wrong, I totally support what he's doing, and I can tell that he really does have solid relationships in the program. But like @jared52 I've seen a lot of hooks without much bait. But I didn't know about the deleted tweets thing. That's sort of an old school advertising trick adapted to the Twitter age and I respect it. I hope he keeps doing his thing and keeps growing. I do love all the fun little polls he does. Love the audience engagement and again it shows he really is an Auburn guy. Sorry. Just a different approach to the game than I've seen before and it really interests me. And he seems like a good dude.

I wonder if the potential for a lost season increases the chances of Kool-Aid, Smoke and Big Kat all lining up on the field at the same time. 

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man, that dude really does hustle. I follow him and have been growing a little weary of his thing. Don't get me wrong, I totally support what he's doing, and I can tell that he really does have solid relationships in the program. But like @jared52 I've seen a lot of hooks without much bait. But I didn't know about the deleted tweets thing. That's sort of an old school advertising trick adapted to the Twitter age and I respect it. I hope he keeps doing his thing and keeps growing. I do love all the fun little polls he does. Love the audience engagement and again it shows he really is an Auburn guy. Sorry. Just a different approach to the game than I've seen before and it really interests me. And he seems like a good dude.

Not going to lie I wish he would keep his tweets up like Tay does his posts on 247. Or better yet, instead of tweeting stuff Dukes feels he has to delete just post them behind a pay wall since he's on Rivals & 247.

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Fwiw Dukes said last night on live that he thinks Ahmari will end up at AU

Word is he, Scooby, and Brooks are a package deal but like you’ve already pointed out there’s quite a bit of smoke with Florida and Scooby.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 5* CB Ga'Quincy “Kool Aid” McKinstry

FWIW Jhead from the bunker, he usually has pretty good info, says he likes where AU sits with Kool-Aid as of today.

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Jhead from the bunker, he usually has pretty good info, says he likes where AU sits with Kool-Aid as of today.

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

ewqew.gif

er.gif

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Has he gave a pick for scooby? 

11 hours ago, DonDraper said:

Has he gave a pick for scooby? 

@DonDraper No. I would’ve posted it in Scoob’s thread had he made a pick. He hasn’t posted much lately because of work.

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

With every kid, every year...

Speaking of kids, how is your son doing?

36 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Speaking of kids, how is your son doing?

Less than fair...more fair than bad

41 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I legitimately hope so. It'd be better that he go where he wants to go than to go to Auburn (or any other school) if that's not where he feels at home. Don't get me wrong, I want him to come to Auburn a great deal, and with my orange and blue shades, I can't imagine why he wouldn't be entranced by the place...but it's his life.

8 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I legitimately hope so. It'd be better that he go where he wants to go than to go to Auburn (or any other school) if that's not where he feels at home. Don't get me wrong, I want him to come to Auburn a great deal, and with my orange and blue shades, I can't imagine why he wouldn't be entranced by the place...but it's his life.

Every school who he is looking at has a lot to offer. They all have his pros and cons. I don’t think he meant anything negative by his tweet to any campus. Only that the decision he makes will be a family one with him being the nucleus. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Every school who he is looking at has a lot to offer. They all have his pros and cons. I don’t think he meant anything negative by his tweet to any campus. Only that the decision he makes will be a family one with him being the nucleus. 

I didn't mean to imply that he was saying anything negative about anyone. I was applauding him for his attitude. :gofig:

20 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I didn't mean to imply that he was saying anything negative about anyone. I was applauding him for his attitude. :gofig:

Well you said you can’t imagine why he wouldn’t  be entranced by auburn. He absolutely can be entranced by Auburn but still pick one of the other schools. A lot of recruits appreciate the family feel of Auburn, yet may choose a different school. They all offer great opportunities 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well you said you can’t imagine why he wouldn’t  be entranced by auburn. He absolutely can be entranced by Auburn but still pick one of the other schools. A lot of recruits appreciate the family feel of Auburn, yet may choose a different school. They all offer great opportunities 

Ah, I see where you're coming from. But you have to pay attention to the words before being unable to imagine him not being entranced: I have my orange and blue glasses on with that. Meaning it's difficult for me to understand why anyone wouldn't prefer Auburn to those other campuses. Objectively, yes, I know that all the schools in the SEC, especially those he's considering, are great opportunities. But subjectively, I don't understand not wanting to call Auburn home during the college years.

Archived