2021 5* CB Ga'Quincy “Kool Aid” McKinstry (Bama)

War to the Eagle

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Jokes aren't funny when they have to be explained...I'm just saying.😁

Glad it's not me saying it this time. lol

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You've had a lot of practice

Listening to your explanations

• 2 months later...

5-star DB Ga'Quincy McKinstry names top 5

by Keith Niebuhr

18 minutes ago

It's official ... but also not very surprising: Auburn is a major contender for Ga'Quincy McKinstry.

The 5-star cornerback from Pinson Valley (Ala.) named his top five Sunday evening and Gus Malzahn's program made the cut along with Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and LSU. McKinstry, who is listed at 5-feet-11.5, 172 pounds, is the No. 2 corner and No. 23 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. He checks in as the No. 2 prospect in the state of Alabama.

McKinstry, also a talented basketball player, holds several offers in that sport, including one from Auburn. The Tigers are said to be pushing the two-sport angle hard in this particular recruitment. Auburn was in on McKinstry very early and one can't forget that he's really close with Tigers quarterback Bo Nix, his former teammate at Pinson Valley. With Auburn, the Tigers hope their long-standing relationship here can be the difference in the end.

"(They) have offered me to play both sports and they just want me to come take over," McKinstry told Auburn Undercover in a recent interview. “I like the way they are. They are family-oriented. That’s big for me.”

Here is McKinstry's 247Sports evaluation, courtesy of Charles Power: "Possesses a lean build with good length and stature for a cornerback. Tested as a good athlete prior to his junior season and should continue making progress on that front as he spends more time in the weight room over the next few years. In addition to the football field, shows his athleticism as an above-the-rim basketball player and one of the better hoopers in Alabama. Is an outstanding and productive two-way player on the gridiron, starring as a receiver and corner for Pinson Valley. Has elite ball skills as a corner and would also be a top prospect as a receiver if he wanted. Shows the ability to consistently pluck the ball at his highest point and win in contested situations on both sides of the ball. In addition to high-pointing and out-jumping the competition, also shows the ability to locate and track the ball downfield. Makes difficult plays at a high rate and finds multiple ways to effect the game. Instinctive in coverage and shows the ability to read the quarterback's eyes and break on the ball. Impresses with his competitive nature. Will need to continue honing his coverage technique as a cornerback, which should come once he focuses on the sport and position full time. Projects as an impact multi-year starter at the Power 5 level with the upside of developing into an early round draft pick."

The competition for McKinstry is fierce, but Auburn is very much in the thick of things.

That is some tough competition for this kids signature! I love being in the discussions all the time but we need to win one of these!!!!

13 hours ago, toddc said:

That is some tough competition for this kids signature! I love being in the discussions all the time but we need to win one of these!!!!

Best pure athlete to come out of Alabama in a while. Kid could play football, basketball, baseball or track at the next level. Do believe bama leads now.

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Best pure athlete to come out of Alabama in a while. Kid could play football, basketball, baseball or track at the next level. Do believe bama leads now.

Did Bama also offer a basketball spot?

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, TheCHF said:

Futurecast coming in for Bama here, that sucks 

Bama may get him but Andrew bonehead and Mike Farrell are hardly two reputable pickers. Thanks for posting and welcome @TheCHF

52 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Bama may get him but Andrew bonehead and Mike Farrell are hardly two reputable pickers. Thanks for posting and welcome @TheCHF

Thanks @ellitor been keeping up with this forum for a year now. Finally made an account! 

Well, let's hope he goes anywhere besides to the turds with them flipping Leary.  

8 hours ago, Beaker said:

Well, let's hope he goes anywhere besides to the turds with them flipping Leary.  

The other option is LSU. Pick your poison.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ok, I will choose LSU.   How bout he goes to Vandy if not the good guys?  Why can't Vandy become a power?   Or NC State?  Some school I don't care about.  I am tired of the blue bloods. 

Time to beat bama 6 in a row again. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

If I'm a DB, there's only one school I'm going to and it'd be LSU. Corey Raymond has more than proven himself. What I wouldn't give to have him on staff here.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Why can't Vandy become a power?   

Maybe the academic requirements are too much, idk. They’re a power in baseball, so they do have that 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Maybe the academic requirements are too much, idk. They’re a power in baseball, so they do have that 

I know, I know, I am just verbalizing some frustration.  They actually won the natty in baseball a couple of yrs ago.  It would be fun to see UF and Thuga get dominated by them.

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

Time to beat bama 6 in a row again. 

I'd gladly trade 6-0 vs Bama for 3-3 vs. Bama with a national title.

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I'd gladly trade 6-0 vs Bama for 3-3 vs. Bama with a national title.

Hold on.

We have choices?

so let me get this straight:

A.  6-0 vs bama and maybe a Natty.       Or

B. 3-3 and a natty? 

We have to put the 'maybe' in there, because to dominate them infers we are dominating a dominant team.  Also, we know the 2004 team deserved (and should be considered) the national champions.   

Hmmmm.  This is difficult.  I like my chances with the 6-0 and 6 trips to the  playoffs.  Why?   I think we would win more than one title.

I choose "A".

Do I win the new car?

14 hours ago, Beaker said:

Hold on.

We have choices?

so let me get this straight:

A.  6-0 vs bama and maybe a Natty.       Or

B. 3-3 and a natty? 

We have to put the 'maybe' in there, because to dominate them infers we are dominating a dominant team.  Also, we know the 2004 team deserved (and should be considered) the national champions.   

Hmmmm.  This is difficult.  I like my chances with the 6-0 and 6 trips to the  playoffs.  Why?   I think we would win more than one title.

I choose "A".

Do I win the new car?

All you said was 6-0 vs. Bama. Yes, that is a good thing to be, but it doesn't say anything about the rest of the season. We could, conceivably, be 6-66 over that span, and it would still meet the qualification of winning 6 straight against Bama. If you'd said 6-0 vs. Bama with 6 trips to the playoffs, I wouldn't have said anything. But defining your season by beating your biggest rival while they're busy winning national championships DURING YEARS THAT YOU BEAT THEM is the definition of being "little brother." I mean, you DO remember that happening, right? When we beat Bama and they still made the playoffs ahead of us, then won the national championship?

So forgive me for not being willing to consider winning the Iron Bowl the end all of the season. That's not enough for me by itself.

Also, not for nothing, but even making the playoffs isn't good enough for me, not by itself. How do you think the Buffalo Bills feel about making four straight Super Bowls without winning one? How do you think the Utah Jazz feel about making back to back NBA Championships only to lose both to Michael Jordan's Bulls? Virtually everyone here questions how good a coach Malzahn really is, and in his one appearance in the national championship game, he laid an egg down the stretch. Why are you so sure that we would do any better than that?

6 hours ago, Rednilla said:

All you said was 6-0 vs. Bama. Yes, that is a good thing to be, but it doesn't say anything about the rest of the season. We could, conceivably, be 6-66 over that span, and it would still meet the qualification of winning 6 straight against Bama. If you'd said 6-0 vs. Bama with 6 trips to the playoffs, I wouldn't have said anything. But defining your season by beating your biggest rival while they're busy winning national championships DURING YEARS THAT YOU BEAT THEM is the definition of being "little brother." I mean, you DO remember that happening, right? When we beat Bama and they still made the playoffs ahead of us, then won the national championship?

So forgive me for not being willing to consider winning the Iron Bowl the end all of the season. That's not enough for me by itself.

Also, not for nothing, but even making the playoffs isn't good enough for me, not by itself. How do you think the Buffalo Bills feel about making four straight Super Bowls without winning one? How do you think the Utah Jazz feel about making back to back NBA Championships only to lose both to Michael Jordan's Bulls? Virtually everyone here questions how good a coach Malzahn really is, and in his one appearance in the national championship game, he laid an egg down the stretch. Why are you so sure that we would do any better than that?

You are picking me apart here...and I will forgive you for that.  

We are not 'little brother,'. Well not since we went home and home.  I went to those game in BHM in 84 and 85 when there was no way we had 40% of the tickets.   The home-home thing changed everything.  I kinda doubt it was ever 50/50 with thousands of tickets being sold in BHM.

I clearly stated 6-0 with six trips to the playoffs.   Two teams from the same division have never been to the playoffs.  If we go, it is safe to presume bama stays home.  yes I know we beat them and they went to the playoffs one year based on popularity, but I clearly said we go to the playoffs and win more than one title.

We go playoffs  and win more than one title.   That is pretty clear.  

Heck, let them go also - "and we win more than one (national) title" by beating them again I guess.  

I thought my choice was clear:  I want to own bama and win titles.   

Let's get back to the recruit.   So much for some fun banter about whipping bama and winning titles.

McKinstry - what does he play CB?   

Archived