A-Day Clipbit - Buck Sweep

StatTiger

#28 on defense also made a great play coming off of his blocker to make the tackle.

6 hours ago, StatTiger said:

This is one of my favorite plays in Malzahn's playbook. It is a thing of beauty when executed properly.

I agree about being a favorite. To me, one-cut backs make this play even more dangerous.  Their ability to get the defenders to flow outside and then stick foot and go generates even more space. Shivers would be a demon running this play.

Its also one of those formations that can go several different ways.  1) run as above 2) end around 3) fake handoff , fake end around play action pass 4) fake handoff, fake end around, fake playaction pass, screen to the RB ala KJ against UGA 2017.

10 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Its also one of those formations that can go several different ways.  1) run as above 2) end around 3) fake handoff , fake end around play action pass 4) fake handoff, fake end around, fake playaction pass, screen to the RB ala KJ against UGA 2017.

5. QB fakes handoff, fakes end around, pivots and follows end around as lead blocker

Archived