Christians and Government

NolaAuTiger

On 4/27/2019 at 10:22 AM, homersapien said:

God isn't concerned with humans, period.

We control our own destiny.  The idea our destiny is in "God's hands" is a very dangerous notion.

Well God is responsible for my destiny. He is responsible for all the scientific community claims to be exact , right or wrong. That includes evolution but he made one huge mistake.....he should have evolved people like you into an Ostrich.

• 2 months later...

On 4/21/2019 at 1:45 PM, Grumps said:

I think it is a great quote. It is interesting how few people understand that God isn't concerned with governments. It is all about our hearts.

The Bible actually says God builds them up and can tear them down, so, yeah God completely controls government! If He is God and the creator then He’s sovereign over all things! You are right about him looking at our hearts not our outward deeds.

51 minutes ago, toddc said:

The Bible actually says God builds them up and can tear them down, so, yeah God completely controls government! If He is God and the creator then He’s sovereign over all things! You are right about him looking at our hearts not our outward deeds.

I am not sure that I understand your point. Of course God controls governments. He controls everything. I said that God is not concerned about governments, not that He doesn't control them. Governments don't have souls or spirits. God is concerned about His glory and our hearts. Everything else is minutia.

12 hours ago, Grumps said:

I am not sure that I understand your point. Of course God controls governments. He controls everything. I said that God is not concerned about governments, not that He doesn't control them. Governments don't have souls or spirits. God is concerned about His glory and our hearts. Everything else is minutia.

Allahu Akbar!

On 4/29/2019 at 8:22 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Well God is responsible for my destiny. He is responsible for all the scientific community claims to be exact , right or wrong. That includes evolution but he made one huge mistake.....he should have evolved people like you into an Ostrich.

Awwww, feel better now Salty?

Did God tell you to insult me because I don't believe like you?

On 4/29/2019 at 7:22 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Not needed. I disagree with Homer but we don't have to be mean about it.

47 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Awwww, feel better now Salty?

Did God tell you to insult me because I don't believe like you?

I feel better, thank you for asking Brother Homer.

The insult was from April if you looked at the date. Well past the statute of limitations here.

Hope you have a great 4th Homer

On 4/19/2019 at 6:42 PM, augolf1716 said:

:moon: back at you jerk

i would love to know if you are as big of a hoot offline as you can be online. i bet you would be fun to party with..........

On 4/26/2019 at 3:36 PM, DKW 86 said:

:slapfh::slapfh::slapfh:

Insert the quote about "give to Ceasar the things that are Ceasar's and give to God the things that are God's"

All govts are ordained of God. He allows them to do as he sees fit to be done. Sometimes bad govts drive us to actions, etc. If we allow Religion (notice I did not use the C-Word) to rule over us than we are all living under some sort of sharia law. 

tumblr_p9jun8EiBR1w29u9yo1_1280.jpg

i believe we had a bunch of deists writing our laws and stuff.

Archived