Baseball vs Ole Miss

Wade on the mound tonight.  Not watching but came undone in the second inning with two throwing errors of his own doing by the game summary.  3 unearned runs.  Tigers trail 4-1 in the second.

Game is streaming...….AU got bases loaded with one....and single off LF wall brought in two runs and left two runners on base with one out....who were stranded.

Things kind of settled down now....still 4-3 with Fitts doing solid work thus far....top of 5th

I’ve noticed a pattern with our offense- we tend to strike out at very inopportune times. I guess it’s never a good time to strike out, but in terms of needing to move a runner over, we tend to have trouble doing that, and end up striking out trying to do something big. I don’t know if this is a focus thing, or if I’m just hypersensitive to it or what 

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

I’ve noticed a pattern with our offense- we tend to strike out at very inopportune times. I guess it’s never a good time to strike out, but in terms of needing to move a runner over, we tend to have trouble doing that, and end up striking out trying to do something big. I don’t know if this is a focus thing, or if I’m just hypersensitive to it or what 

yep ...like the last inning...swing at a couple in the dirt and then take strike 3 almost right down the middle....guessing about the pitches perhaps..

Fitts still doing a nice job....held OM since he came on. 

AU finally ties the game at 4 and still has two runners on base with one out...Holland gets an RBI I guess, 

Williams in a position to do some damage....

Wow..I thought that was gone...but did not make over the wall...must be some serious wind there....but a big Sac Fly and runner comes in to score and AU now in the lead 5-4.      

Bliss grounds out and that's it....so game belongs to Fitts. 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wow..I thought that was gone...but did not make over the wall...must be some serious wind there..

In Auburn tonight but could not make over to the park. Some crazy wind. Any other night that is gone according to Rod.

Great work by Fitts.....team really needed that....no walks and kept the ball In the park....

I understand the logic, but I would’ve kept Fitts in right there. He was cruising. The last batter got jammed on a 1-2 pitch, but it just happened to squeak by Ed at 3rd. He could’ve gotten out of it. 

Not that I don’t think The Bull can get the job done, as he just showed. I would’ve just liked to save Greenhill if at all possible with Fitts cruising. 

Greenhill throwing straight gas tonight!! Topped at 97, consistently at 96. Didn’t throw anything but a fastball and was blowing it by them. 

8 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I understand the logic, but I would’ve kept Fitts in right there. He was cruising. The last batter got jammed on a 1-2 pitch, but it just happened to squeak by Ed at 3rd. He could’ve gotten out of it. 

Yep Fitts looking good but with a 2 run lead, CBT not taking any chances on something bad happening.   Lately these young guys seem to be cruising and before you can blink they have walked a couple guys and hit a batter or give up a dinger and the lead is gone.  .   

Kid looked great, in a position to win it....so let's nail it down.   This would be an exceptional win tonight....with Burns waiting until tomorrow.   

OK...AU added anther run on sac fly following some control problems by OM pitchers....AU leaves the bases loaded but is now up 7-4 for Cody....

OK....best complete ballgame in several weeks.....and without our #1 starter.      Still need some hits from a couple guys....Julien accounted for most of the critical offense for the team tonight....he needs a little help from the rest of the guys.

3 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m glad they pulled fits where he could still get the win.  He pitched great.  Green hill throwing serious heat and challenging the batters.

Me too. Right now with these young guys they need all the confidence they can muster. Plus that's a long enough outing for a young guy. Greenhill came in late enough, and was efficient enough that he wasn't worked all that much. 

Archived