NHL thread

SaturdayGT

On 10/3/2019 at 6:17 PM, augolf1716 said:

Devils baby:timeout:

Well, the Wild won, which leaves one certain team as the lone remaining “defeated” team in the league, ouch!

9 hours ago, wareagleguy said:

Well, the Wild won, which leaves one certain team as the lone remaining “defeated” team in the league, ouch!

Well the devils haven't won a game..................... now that's ouch

• Like 1

Great Medal of Honor ceremony tonight before the Pens and Lightning game. Really something special and big applause to the NHL for doing it. If you didn’t see it, find a link online, special scene. 

On 10/17/2019 at 10:31 AM, steeleagle said:

The 'Kid' is one of a kind. He single-handedly beat 3 Avalanche players for this score. 

As an Avs fan, I hated that goal. As a hockey fan, it was unreal. That game ended so terribly too. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Coolest team name I’ve seen in a long time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Coolest team name I’ve seen in a long time. 

The name, the jerseys, the logos.  It's all fire.  If I wasn't an Avs fan for 25 years, I'd immediately become a Kraken fan on these sweet things alone.

5f1911888defa9c5f784f988_0723-sea21-set-e1595522406391.jpg

Edn5jXzWsAALkjF.jpeg

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The name, the jerseys, the logos.  It's all fire.  If I wasn't an Avs fan for 25 years, I'd immediately become a Kraken fan on these sweet things alone.

I agree. If I wasn't such a hardcore Flyers fan I would jump on this in a hurry.  I love this nickname and logo.  Looks really sharp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

I agree. If I wasn't such a hardcore Flyers fan I would jump on this in a hurry.  I love this nickname and logo.  Looks really sharp.

I want an alternate black jersey. I’ve got my Bruins and Wings and need to finish off my trio. 

That's an awesome name.  When does the playoffs start? And who's carrying the playoffs, NHL Network? 

https://www.nhl.com/schedule

it appears that exhibition games begin 7/28 and competitive games starting 8/1. 

• Love 1

On 7/23/2020 at 5:35 PM, Brad_ATX said:

The name, the jerseys, the logos.  It's all fire.  If I wasn't an Avs fan for 25 years, I'd immediately become a Kraken fan on these sweet things alone

How did that happen for you? For me, I was watching the first round of the NHL playoffs in 1996 my FR year at AU and just caught on with the Avs. That Western Conference series vs Detriot was amazing and that sealed the deal for me becoming an Avs fan. Been a rough go until the last couple of years. This team right now has the goods though. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jared52 said:

How did that happen for you? For me, I was watching the first round of the NHL playoffs in 1996 my FR year at AU and just caught on with the Avs. That Western Conference series vs Detriot was amazing and that sealed the deal for me becoming an Avs fan. Been a rough go until the last couple of years. This team right now has the goods though. 

My dad lived in Denver for a long time while I was growing up.  I used to visit all summer and during winter/spring breaks, so became attached to all of the Denver teams.

Huge Rockies/Avs/Broncos fan.  Went to football and baseball at the original Mile High Stadium.  Attended the second game ever played at Coors Field (it was an exhibition with replacement players).  Attended at least 200 Rockies games between home and road games.  Seen the Avs play in three different cities.  Been to Broncos games at five different stadiums.

Not an NBA guy, but did see Mutombo play in Denver back in the day at the old McNichols Sports Arena too.  It was way easier to get Nuggets tickets than Avs tickets back then.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Helluva backhander by Barzal. Caps are in a pretty deep hole. I suppose since there’s no home ice through these playoffs it won’t be as difficult to get back in it as it may have otherwise been. 

Did anyone see the goal last week that beat the blues with barely a .1 of a second remaining? You will never see a goal a closer call than that. It was nuts. 

• Like 1

Also, the NHL is doing a great job of their sound piping. When the high sticking occurred the Philly “home crowd” noise was raised and loud as it would be in Philadelphia. The NBA needs to pipe in familiar chants for their “home” teams. For example, they could do the “Let’s go Boston” for the Celtics. 

Uggh...My Canes may be done. Svech, our best player is done for the season....still though,....gotta love hockey! With the lack of sports on, Im just glad to watch whoever at this point. I really hope some of the people who never gave Hockey much a chance give it a little attention this year. ...I just feel like there's just a huge mass of people here in the south that just sort of ignores it and just totally misses out on such an amazing sport! 

Edited by SaturdayGT
  • Like 1

🐻🐻🐻

On 8/16/2020 at 6:07 PM, AUBwins said:

Did anyone see the goal last week that beat the blues with barely a .1 of a second remaining? You will never see a goal a closer call than that. It was nuts. 

Go Avs!

🐻🐻🐻🐻