Baseball vs Ole Miss game 2

I have an AU graduate co-worker there but he's:  (A) Pulling for Ole Miss because he has a family member on team and (B) a flippin' bammer still (by birth) which I will NEVER EVER understand how anyone could complete 4 years at Auburn and still be a bammer.  I tell him this often.  Anyhow -- he says 6:45 start now b/c of weather.

Yeah, it’s been randomly showering for the last 3-4 hours. Looks to be clearing up now. Gonna be wet and cold tonight though. First pitch was pushed back to 7:00 CT. 

Just now, TigerJeep said:

I have an AU graduate co-worker there but he's:  (A) Pulling for Ole Miss because he has a family member on team and (B) a flippin' bammer still (by birth) which I will NEVER EVER understand how anyone could complete 4 years at Auburn and still be a bammer.  I tell him this often.  Anyhow -- he says 6:45 start now b/c of weather.

Check that - just got a text from the bammer turncoat that it is now a 7:00PM anticipated start.

Must be a weather front...temp in the 50s I understand...but looks like ESPN ready to stream in a few more minutes.

Guess it's gonna be Burns on the mound.

Hope that win last night took a little pressure off him for tonight....though better for him and AU if he keeps his pitch count down and can go deep into the game.

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Must be a weather front...temp in the 50s I understand...but looks like ESPN ready to stream in a few more minutes.

Guess it's gonna be Burns on the mound.

Hope that win last night took a little pressure off him for tonight....though better for him and AU if he keeps his pitch count down and can go deep into the game.

Yeah, some bad storms came through the area last night/this morning, and it’s rained off and on all day. Honestly, I’m impressed they’re playing today. The outfield is going to be a mess. 

Burns is starting. Same lineup as last night, although Woley and Davis swapped spots and Williams and Holland swapped. 

Davis led off the inning with a homer off the scoreboard followed by two walks and two flyouts. Man on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs and a 1-1 game for Howell.

Tough game for Burns...down 3-1 but already 60 pitches in 3 innings.  

He needs some offensive backing tonight....

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Tough game for Burns...down 3-1 but already 60 pitches in 3 innings.  

He needs some offensive backing tonight....

Disappointing. Miserable night weather-wise in Auburn for a late April baseball game. Expecting a better outing from Burns regardless.    

Nice shot over the LF wall to make the score 2-1....Holland needed that....and Burns needs that too.   

Runner reaches on an error and then a walk and the OM pitcher looks to be gone …...nope...maybe one more batter for him 

Howell at bat with Bliss on 3rd and Ward on first...and Howell goes down on 3 pitches stranding 2 runners..

Well, that was nice of OM to get the runner thrown out trying sneak an extra base on a hit to center....Bliss took the relay and made a perfect throw to the plate to get the runner for out 3.

That might be it for Burns...over 100 pitches and not too sharp....hanging tough but dodged some bullets all along the way..  Still 3-2 for OM

Just now, autigeremt said:

3 up 3 down for AU. 

yep.   thought the OM pitcher was gone an inning ago....but he survived with that K to Howell and then was on  the mound about 3 minutes to get AU out  of the bottom of the 5th 

Elliott Anderson in to take the game from here....

Single to center....better throw would have gotten the runner...so now it's 4-2.  Anderson not having much success.  One out, two runners on and EA struggling to find the plate....

Really need for EA to settle down and stay in this game....

Bases loaded and 2 outs....EA REALLY needs to get this guy.

Strikes out swinging! We need runs ASAP 

Archived