Purifoy Prediction 2019/2020

autigeremt

DP introduced his little one earlier this week. The 🔥 will continue to grow and with another offseason he will come out of the gates ready to start and put on a show. I predict he will be the star of this team in 19/20. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was becoming a monster before he had to sit so i have high expectations for him.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:36 AM, autigeremt said:

DP introduced his little one earlier this week. The 🔥 will continue to grow and with another offseason he will come out of the gates ready to start and put on a show. I predict he will be the star of this team in 19/20. 

Agreed. The dude started a final four game last season. Granted, it was because Chuma was sitting, but Pearl obviously is starting to be able to trust him again, and I would bet his little one will make that desire to succeed even greater. Want him to be able to drive with more aggression and play a bit better D, although his defense at the end of the season, especially the SEC Championship game, was absolutely phenomenal.

9 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Agreed. The dude started a final four game last season. Granted, it was because Chuma was sitting, but Pearl obviously is starting to be able to trust him again, and I would bet his little one will make that desire to succeed even greater. Want him to be able to drive with more aggression and play a bit better D, although his defense at the end of the season, especially the SEC Championship game, was absolutely phenomenal.

He was great defensively for seemingly not understanding how they wanted to play defense system wise until the playoffs, basically, and playing at a weight he never looked comfortable at. Hope he's allowed to slim down a bit 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He was great defensively for seemingly not understanding how they wanted to play defense system wise until the playoffs, basically, and playing at a weight he never looked comfortable at. Hope he's allowed to slim down a bit 

No, he was not great. he was average at best, and at times, he couldn't stay in front of who he was guarding to save his life. His footwork is weak, and he doesn't use his hands much. He helped mainly with rebounding and scoring at times. 

His role greatly depends on the roster make up at the beginning of next season. Who stays, how do the recruits look, do we get any transfers, etc. That being said, he would have to greatly expand his skill set to be the star on next year's team. I can see him improving to the point of possibly being a starter and heavy contributor at this point. 

I would be excited if he just got back to where he was 2 years ago.

22 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I predict he’s going to have an alleged sex tape posted on social media soon. 

I kid, I kid. Kinda. 

Sex champions, after all. 

Brown is a great on ball defender, DP can't play defense at all.......lol, what games were some of you watching???

It's ok to just say I don't know, or I didn't really pay attention to this particular area of the game

If Purifoy can raise his level of play to even close that of Brown then he has a chance to be a solid player for us. I hope he can change the bust narrative he was trending toward until the very end of last season. He gave us some very solid minutes though against some good teams. Not quite what you want out of a highly regarded four star player 3 years into their career but suspensions for shady dealings are known to set good players back. 

• 4 weeks later...

I predict our compliance department will have a little mess to clear up. Then after next season be glad DP is gone. 

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2019/05/danjel-purifoys-mother-has-been-attempting-to-profit-off-his-likeness-possibly-against-ncaa-rules.html

17 minutes ago, alexava said:

I predict our compliance department will have a little mess to clear up. Then after next season be glad DP is gone. 

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2019/05/danjel-purifoys-mother-has-been-attempting-to-profit-off-his-likeness-possibly-against-ncaa-rules.html

his mom must be a real tool. She continues to find a way to make money off him, even in college, and again has put her son and his school in a terrible situation. So dumb...

Just not a very smart move right here. And if any family should be well versed in rules around the NCAA it should be this one. He is not worth the trouble he/his relations bring to the table.....

You’d think the AU compliance guys would’ve been monitoring this woman to catch this immediately. Just have an intern following her social media accounts and this would’ve been nipped in the bud immediately 

On facebook?

You truly can't be this dumb. I don't agree that this should be illegal but to be so blatant and out in the open with breaking these rules is just idiotic. Especially considering the real person she's hurting here is Danjel.

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

Wow.  So this is a legit issue and not just al.com being al.com?

Yes. Not sure what would happen if she just returned the money. I would assume this is an easy fix if that were to happen. 

Family can’t seem to get out of their son’s way. 

Based on what it appears she is selling the shirt for it does not appear to be a tremendous amount of money at all.  The shirt has a cost as well as the screen printing.  If there is profit it's not much.  

They knew what they signed up for, he's not the type of player that should even make this point......But I certainly understand if it was a big time player 's family having to watch these people who doesn't do anything for you, make money off of you....

Minor point perhaps but I do believe that Auburn University has copyrights to Auburn University jerseys and logos and things related to the school.  Print up a bunch of shirts and don't mention AU....just put a picture of DP on the shirt.....and see how many she sells. For the life of me I can't understand how people seem to ignore the value of Auburn's brand...or Duke's, or any other university in this issue.:no:

And which people not doing anything are making money off DP?      The school has hired a bunch of coaches to teach him the game...perhaps well enough to one day make the NBA and also  are giving him a shot at a college education so he might be able to make a reasonable living when he does not make the NBA.    

If that's not a good deal for DP, then the  mom could have hired a special tutor/coach and made that investment and printed up her tee shirts with his picture but no reference to Auburn.  

3 hours ago, casatiger said:

Based on what it appears she is selling the shirt for it does not appear to be a tremendous amount of money at all.  The shirt has a cost as well as the screen printing.  If there is profit it's not much.  

I would just act like this is the cost of the shirt. No profit. Probably true anyway. Just crap we don’t need. 

Lots of start up clothing companies use athletes faces and likeness but alter the photo to remove anything that shows the team's logo/name. 

Archived