Purifoy Prediction 2019/2020

autigeremt

I don't care if she made 50 cents off the t-shirt sell. She is either unbelievably stupid for doing this or she just flat out doesn't care about the possible consequences this could have on AU and her son. This is a liability we do not need to deal with for any player. And certainly not for a player with the career numbers Purifoy has put up to date. He could have really had a break out season next year and really helped the team but if he has another suspension coming then whats the point? We saw how long it took him to get in the swing of things this season after having to sit out. 

The only way i see him staying is if something comes out where he tried to keep this tshirt sell from happening and his mom did it anyway. I'm not sure how the rules work with situations like that. Like say a random uncle or cousin prints out some shirts of a player and sells them. I can't imagine the NCAA would hold the school/player responsible for that type of activity. The player/school can not control everyone related to the player. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I don't care if she made 50 cents off the t-shirt sell. She is either unbelievably stupid for doing this or she just flat out doesn't care about the possible consequences this could have on AU and her son. This is a liability we do not need to deal with for any player. And certainly not for a player with the career numbers Purifoy has put up to date. He could have really had a break out season next year and really helped the team but if he has another suspension coming then whats the point? We saw how long it took him to get in the swing of things this season after having to sit out. 

The only way i see him staying is if something comes out where he tried to keep this tshirt sell from happening and his mom did it anyway. I'm not sure how the rules work with situations like that. Like say a random uncle or cousin prints out some shirts of a player and sells them. I can't imagine the NCAA would hold the school/player responsible for that type of activity. The player/school can not control everyone related to the player. 

I'm going with the bolded part.  

Waukesha Blevins has been "educated"  by no less than Auburn Compliance, the NCAA, and Bruce Pearl and yet still chooses to pull this crap? 

56 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Don't think he would get an entire year of a suspension. Don't even think he would get 2 games if they were to return the money to everyone who bought shirts as well. This seems like an easy fix. 

32 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Don't think he would get an entire year of a suspension. Don't even think he would get 2 games if they were to return the money to everyone who bought shirts as well. This seems like an easy fix. 

Sure it's an easy fix.  The question becomes, why is Auburn having to "fix" and cleanup the actions of this parent after everything they've already fixed in the past?

2 hours ago, keesler said:

Sure it's an easy fix.  The question becomes, why is Auburn having to "fix" and cleanup the actions of this parent after everything they've already fixed in the past?

You just said everything that needs to be said about this. If this was work we'd say that this is either a lack of training or insubordination. This clearly seems to be the latter. 

Is it possible she wants him to be declared ineligible so he will have to play professional ball even if it is oversea?

Unfortunately he’s not the first athlete to likely be embarrassed by a parent. The lack of thought by some folks continually amazes me. 

What a joke, DP’s last chance to have a breakout year and try to put himself in position for a professional career and she pulls this stunt? Just unbelievably selfish and greedy.

Folks..some of you are making judgments on the mother like she should know all of the rules.  How many parents print pics of their kids on shirts and then ask relatives if they want to buy one and what size?  Looking at the article...she said 10 or 12 bucks but was taking orders...from a neutral look at it, it sounds like she was just trying to print up some Ts and wanted to see from her social circle who was in and wanted one?  Is it against the rules? Yep can anyone here tell me all the rules...most likely not...how many of you know that the QB for the Huskers was violating NCAA rules by owning a share of his dad's business?  He certainly didn't and had to sell it...now this wasn't like taking $500 from a coach or getting paid to House Sit a rental house...most likely nothing will come of this or at least I hope....Mom had a dumb idea?  You bet, but I will give her the benefit of the doubt...now yes she probably took some money but let's not forget an alumni also supposedly took money for her son and she should have known better...but we had another alum trying to get them paid...so even educated people on NCAA rules (at least lived them) were also running afoul with the rules and knew better...  just my 2 cents for what it is worth..

5 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Folks..some of you are making judgments on the mother like she should know all of the rules.

Purifoy has been ineligible more often than eligible.  It’s about time someone teaches her the rules. 

7 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Folks..some of you are making judgments on the mother like she should know all of the rules.  

The woman has been educated ad nauseum by Auburn Compliance, Auburn's  Athletic Department,  AND most importantly directly by the NCAA.  

9 hours ago, keesler said:

The woman has been educated ad nauseum by Auburn Compliance, Auburn's  Athletic Department,  AND most importantly directly by the NCAA.  

And this is public knowledge?  I couldn't find it that she educated on all of the rules.  I am just saying some people do stupid things.

15 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

And this is public knowledge?  I couldn't find it that she educated on all of the rules.  I am just saying some people do stupid things.

Common sense tells me she most assuredly had to be thoroughly educated on the rules due to the fact that her prior actions resulted in DP having to spend more time on suspension than he's been eligible to play.  She screwed up once and it was severe.  

The NCAA, Auburn Compliance and especially Bruce Pearl would have made sure she and DP were made aware of the rules. 

AU Compliance should have had a damn spy on her social media activities, they could've nipped this in the bud before the media took charge. 

This is all he needs smh. Make no don't about it, we need him this coming up year.....need him comfortable and peak condition. I could make a case he'll be the 3rd most important player on the roster

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

This is all he needs smh. Make no don't about it, we need him this coming up year.....need him comfortable and peak condition. I could make a case he'll be the 3rd most important player on the roster

Jvon, Okoro, whoever starts at the 2 guard

17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Jvon, Okoro, whoever starts at the 2 guard

?

About Purifoy's prediction for the upcoming season, this may well be the last straw. He could be an important cog in the team but if this is going to lead to more suspensions etc. maybe everybody is better off knowing now instead of later. Coach Pearl will have some time for adjustments.

Hopefully the nosy ass media caught this quick enough to prevent any real issues and won't affect DP's eligibility.  🙏🏼

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Those are 3 individuals that should be more important 

Okoro? Not at all. But we are all entitled to our opinions

23 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Okoro will be a day one starter and AU’s best on ball defender. But we’ll let Cole slowly weasel out of his words once the season gets going

I'm the one that told you about him going to be a defender you big dummy. But we are talking most important player on the team. But once again you want to interject and try to prove something wrong that you yourself don't have a solid understanding on. 

Lol, I tell Mikey about his weaseling and all of a sudden you say it. You want to be me 😩. Trust me you couldn't handle it. Just do you, be the court jester, 🤡 that role fits you

37 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Okoro will be a day one starter and AU’s best on ball defender. But we’ll let Cole slowly weasel out of his words once the season gets going

Your stalking/obsession is pathetic

Archived