Baseball vs Ole Miss Game 3

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the PBP TBrotha. 

Man SEC baseball is even more of a grind than Sec Football or basketball. There is no easy wins. WAR EAGLE!!!! We desperately needed this series. 

Much needed series win over a ranked opponent. Build off it fellas! 

Can’t believe they called that third strike on julien. The baseball gods corrected the call with Connor Davis, but julien should’ve had a literal walk off. That ball was at the shins and inside, wasn’t even close. No shame in him looking at that. The umpire screwed up.

Huge win, another good outing by Fuller, and WELCOME BACK JACK OWENS!

Tigers are now 26-14, 10-8 SEC. If we can go to Jacksonville and take care of some dern business there, we could get a little mojo back.

At bat of the game has gotta be Will Holland’s walk. Turned the tide tremendously. It got to 1-2, and it looked like Holland was going down yet again at the plate, but kept on working and digging in and finally forced a walk to really put that pressure on. 

That was a fantastic game. 2 frosh starters.  Back and forth.  Young players and vets making plays by both teams.  Both solid closers had good moments and also got touched.  Both teams made comebacks.  

What a game.  Really glad we pulled the W!

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Ole Miss is now in Conor Davis’ head. He’s struck out on the same pitch twice now. High and outside heat. Hope that’s just today for Conor after starting out so hot. 

This didn’t last long...

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

That was a fantastic game. 2 frosh starters.  Back and forth.  Young players and vets making plays by both teams.  Both solid closers had good moments and also got touched.  Both teams made comebacks.  

What a game.  Really glad we pulled the W!

JMO but that was unnecessarily stressful....the kind of game you lose on the road.    Still too many wasted opportunities by the "big guns"....well, what used to be the big guns.  Hoping this one signals a turning of the corner. 

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

A wins a win take'em anyway you can

True...but it you don't learn something from a game like this you've missed a good opportunity. 

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True...but it you don't learn something from a game like this you've missed a good opportunity. 

I think they learn from a game like this but dealing with 18-22 you never know. Ole Miss missed opportunities as well. With the schedule we have going forward it is going to be a huge challenge. 

Come on 64 be happy with the win 

5 hours ago, jw 4 au said:

These announcers are annoying. Can’t get names or stats correct and play by play guy is way to excited every time ole miss scores. 

The announcers calling the game were Andy Burcham, longtime Auburn broadcaster, and Mark Fuller, former Auburn player and coach and father to today’s Auburn starting pitcher. They may not have great with names or calls, but I can guarantee they weren’t pulling for Ole Miss. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

JMO but that was unnecessarily stressful....the kind of game you lose on the road.    Still too many wasted opportunities by the "big guns"....well, what used to be the big guns.  Hoping this one signals a turning of the corner. 

I kinda agree from an offensive standpoint. We outscored OM today and on the weekend while getting outhit. So that means we manufactured and produced some runs. It also means our pitchers pitched out of some tough situations. Our pitching staff pitched well enough to sweep this series. Gotta find a way to get the offense more consistently threatening. Butch talked in the postgame about being better about getting to the fastball. Sounds like that’s going to be a point of emphasis going forward. We have the talent offensively to be a very good hitting team, but we have to make a mindset and approach adjustment to avoid getting beaten so often by the fastball. IMO that’s the lesson that needs to be learned from today and this weekend that you alluded to in your post. 

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

The announcers calling the game were Andy Burcham, longtime Auburn broadcaster, and Mark Fuller, former Auburn player and coach and father to today’s Auburn starting pitcher. They may not have great with names or calls, but I can guarantee they weren’t pulling for Ole Miss. 

Ouch, I probably shouldn’t have said anything then.  But go back and listen to the call of the Ole Miss HR to tie it though. Sounded like a “Touchdown Auburn” type call in favor of the HR. You sure it was both of them on SEC Network?  I’ll shut up and only talk baseball from now on!

2 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Ouch, I probably shouldn’t have said anything then.  But go back and listen to the call of the Ole Miss HR to tie it though. Sounded like a “Touchdown Auburn” type call in favor of the HR. You sure it was both of them on SEC Network?  I’ll shut up and only talk baseball from now on!

Mark Fuller is a very fair guy, and he loves baseball. He gives credit when it's due. So does Andy Burcham. They admire good plays and good players. I don't see the problem. I noticed that the aTm guys were just as objective and complimentary to Auburn players as Mark and Andy are to other teams. I actually like it.

Archived