Baseball vs Ole Miss Game 3

Proud of the guys today. This was a series they really needed to help themselves out and give them some cushion.  They could’ve laid down and rolled over after the home run to tie it up and then the stupid little dinker double chopped over Woley and into no man’s land, but Scheffler battled and singled, Holland battled and walked, and of course, Conor Davis, who was 0-4 on the day, and who I thought Ole Miss just had his number, he’s the one that steps up and wins it.

This does so much for us going forward in that we stay a game up on the whole two at home, one on the road mantra. Since we swept Tennessee at home and beat S.C. on the road, we were two games above that mark, but Arky brought us back down to 1. With away series against Vandy and LSU, and a home series vs UGA coming up, we need some insurance. Big news to get a little cushion going into the last part of this schedule. 

Great to see Jack Owen back too. You can tell it will be extremely helpful to have him back. Hope we hear good news on DD soon too. If we can get the midweek straightened out, and just keep competing in the SEC, we’ll be just fine. If we steal a series or two we’re not supposed to from Vandy, UGA, LSU, we’ll be in host conversation. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the game on replay.....WOW!  That was a really, really good game. I think it's my favorite game so far this season. Very happy for those kids, and for Conor Davis since he worked so long for his break-out season. Loved seeing Jack Owen back on the mound, and how about that Brooks Fuller???!!!! 

I hope the pieces are starting to fall into place now that Jack Owen can be worked back into the rotation. 

14 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Mark Fuller is a very fair guy, and he loves baseball. He gives credit when it's due. So does Andy Burcham. 

Mark Fuller is as good as it gets in terms of college baseball commentary (and an all around great Auburn man).  As had been said before on this forum, I don't have any idea how he calls a game with his own son on the mound for Auburn.  

If you want to hear a knucklehead go on and on and on, have at it with Chris Burke.  Now there's a guy who needs to just shut up.

20 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Mark Fuller is as good as it gets in terms of college baseball commentary (and an all around great Auburn man).  As had been said before on this forum, I don't have any idea how he calls a game with his own son on the mound for Auburn.  

If you want to hear a knucklehead go on and on and on, have at it with Chris Burke.  Now there's a guy who needs to just shut up.

Listening to Mark is a tutorial in baseball, and especially pitching. He's awesome.

6 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

After watching the game on replay.....WOW!  That was a really, really good game. I think it's my favorite game so far this season. Very happy for those kids, and for Conor Davis since he worked so long for his break-out season. Loved seeing Jack Owen back on the mound, and how about that Brooks Fuller???!!!! 

I hope the pieces are starting to fall into place now that Jack Owen can be worked back into the rotation. 

Curious to see our plans with Jack over the next couple weeks, assuming he responds well to this last outing. Since we have another Thur-Sat series this weekend at Vandy, I’m wondering if we stick with him coming out of the bullpen and then putting him as the Sunday starter the following week against Bama. We could start Fitts on Thursday at Vandy (I think he’s earned that), then Burns and Fuller on Fri-Sat. Then that sets up your weekend rotation pretty well for the rest of the season so long as everyone stays healthy. 

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

Curious to see our plans with Jack over the next couple weeks, assuming he responds well to this last outing. Since we have another Thur-Sat series this weekend at Vandy, I’m wondering if we stick with him coming out of the bullpen and then putting him as the Sunday starter the following week against Bama. We could start Fitts on Thursday at Vandy (I think he’s earned that), then Burns and Fuller on Fri-Sat. Then that sets up your weekend rotation pretty well for the rest of the season so long as everyone stays healthy. 

I'm curious as well.

I'm somewhat surprised that we won the series this weekend but just having him pitch a little was a boost to the team. I hope we can win one at Vandy and not get swept. I'm sure not expecting it but I can't help wanting at least that much. Not gonna let myself think about winning the series.

Having Jack Owen available is going to help no matter what happens in Nashville. 

Archived