Auburn 'really high up there' for USC transfer wide receiver

AU-24

https://auburn.rivals.com/

Jones, a former four-star recruit from Saraland, Ala., was in Auburn Easter weekend for an official visit. His father and cousin joined him.

“It went really well,” Jones said. “It felt really good to be back in the state of Alabama with my dad and cousin being with me. We loved the visit. We loved Auburn. I really felt like I fit in and I liked the family feel I got from the players. I had real good talks with the coaches.”

5 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

going to be tough to break into the rotation.

Shhh! Don’t tell him.

He’s pretty good on punt returns as well.

Here are some of the highlights from his Sophmore Season for the PRIDE of Saraland!!!

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Here are some of the highlights from his Sophmore Season for the PRIDE of Saraland!!!

Thanks for posting! 

13 hours ago, DAG said:

I will take the speedster

What he also brings is most likely a much better understanding of route running and separation techniques that might rub off or be shared with the others. Players are always trying to mimic or learn new and effective skills/moves from other players.

17 hours ago, auskip07 said:

going to be tough to break into the rotation.

after sitting out a year i'm sure he'll carve a role out somewhere on the team by then

Why are we after so many wide receivers when we have a lot already on scholly? 

we need OT, LB, DB's but yet every time I read an article we offered another receiver, has GUS lost his mind? 

5 hours ago, Roos said:

we need OT, LB, DB's but yet every time I read an article we offered another receiver, has GUS lost his mind? 

you never know who's going to get hurt. 2 starting receivers tore their ACL last year. Hastings is a senior and you never know who will transfer. I think He's sitting out a year he's not a grad transfer

Um, if he's looking for more wide receivers, then he thinks we don't have enough good wide receivers. I'll leave it up to you to decide which word in that sentence to focus on, "enough" or "good". 

*Not gonna start a debate about WR development, not gonna start a debate about WR development, not gonna...*

18 hours ago, Roos said:

Probably in a case like this you take a quality athlete if he is interested......seems maybe he initiated contact with AU....and not likely that a coach would suggest he try somewhere else.  Plus we seem to find a way to get a good number of WRs into the action.    Hope it works out. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Probably in a case like this you take a quality athlete if he is interested......seems maybe he initiated contact with AU....and not likely that a coach would suggest he try somewhere else.  Plus we seem to find a way to get a good number of WRs into the action.    Hope it works out. 

Excellent point.

On 4/24/2019 at 8:21 PM, Eagle-1 said:

Sign him up. That kids got wheels

Agree! This kid will definitely see the field early at AU. I don’t care who we already have. Hands, speed and route running helps him. Hope he knows how to block too. 

• 3 weeks later...

A great way to close out Auburn's 2019 recruiting would be to sign Velus Jones Jr and Justin Ford.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:47 PM, auburn4ever said:

A great way to close out Auburn's 2019 recruiting would be to sign Velus Jones Jr and Justin Ford.

Haven't heard about Ford in about a month. Interesting how some of these guys seem to go deathly quiet and commit out of nowhere sometimes. 

Archived