Mens team visits the Governor Mansion

GwillMac6

1 minute ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I don’t see Danjel?

Didn't his GF just have her baby?

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Didn't his GF just have her baby?

He seems to be dealing with a lot right now.  Didn't know about the baby, but heard something on twitter about a tape getting released.

Lollll. Man Danjel has had a wild saga at AU.

First, he had sketchy ACT test scores and opted not to re-take the test to combat what's considered an "abnormal" jump in scores forcing him to redshirt his first year on campus.

Started off impressive as a RS-freshman until a lower body injury compromised his ability to drive to the basket forcing him to be more of a spot-up shooter for the rest of the year --- which left him a shell of himself.

Next, was caught in the fray of the FBI scandal just prior to him being able to show the results of his hard work during the off-season (remember the huge progression that Harper/Heron/Bryce/Mac/etc showed? I think Danjel's improvement was going to be on par with that). According to Bruce he kind of withdrew himself from the team and wasn't around as much probably due to being discouraged after having to sit out his first year then have to deal with a suspension after sitting a year already.

Then struggles to kind of re-establish himself on the court when he's kind of thrown in the fire just before conference play. But starts to find his groove and find a bit of a role as the season wore on. Had a huuuuge game vs UNC for us. Produced like many of us hoped to see from him. Flashes of things to come perhaps???? 

Then there's the "drama" (loosely using the word drama here, because this is not to say true drama follows him like a Duke Williams or someone like that) he gets outed for trying to bring girls back to his hotel room (nothing wrong with this but how many times do players really get aired out for that type of thing?)

Now a sex tape is apparently circulating. Lolol. 

I really hope he closes out his career with an All-SEC campaign. He could've left AU and tried to find his footing elsewhere but he stuck with AU and I really hope he has a proper send off as a senior. The kid is a legit talent with an NBA body. A full summer with no developmental hiccups like the last few years for him would be a hell of thing for him. His skillset, on offense in particular, is so tantalizing. I would love to see him break through.

Archived