softball vs Florida

Chance for the girls to redeem themselves for that bad road series in Kentucky. 

Back home at Jane Moore and hope they are ready to keep their NCAA prospects in good shape. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they are ready to play better than they showed against Kentucky.  I plan to be there to cheer them on.

Florida got swept by uat in their last SEC outing, so they will be ready to atone for that, also.  Barnhill can be a dominating pitcher, but the Gators haven't hit very well this year.  Let's hope that continues.

This team is better than they have recently shown, at least offensively.  Ready to right the ship. 

I can't believe Swindle grooved an 0-2 pitch.  She paid dearly for it.  But, she should have been out of the inning with no damage. 

two runners on and two strike outs ….looking....and then a line out to center.....still down 3-0 going to the 3rd

nice work by swindle that inning....now AU needs some action with the bats......no hits thus far....

boy...I don't understand this bunting for base hits....two poor attempts and we leave another runner on base and still don't have a base hit tonight....

Well, this one getting away from us......UF not doing much but we've helped them with a variety of miscues...

Barnhill with a strange game for UF....lots of walks.....lots of Ks...but no hits and no runs for AU.

Bottom of 4th trailing 4-0

• WarTiger changed the title to softball vs Florida
1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Our approach to hitting is atrocious. 

This is a desperate team.....trying anything in hopes of getting on base.....a "no confidence" approach at the plate by most of our girls.

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

This is a desperate team.....trying anything in hopes of getting on base.....a "no confidence" approach at the plate by most of our girls.

Exactly my thoughts.  

AU still hitless going to bottom of the 6th...….Gonna be hard to make up 5 runs but guess you have to do it one at a time....and start be getting a few base runners...

Unfortunately the guys are also being "no hit" by vandy tonight …but game is only in the 3rd.   Both teams need to take a look at their coaching of hitters....seem to have the same problems.:dunno: 

Another run for the gatorettes…...sure hate to see that but that dinger was out by a long ways.....so now down by  7-0.

The team is in a slump....emotional or something but UF was ripe for picking after being swept last week...

OK....the ultimate shame....no hit at home and went down 7-0 to the gators.    CMD needs to find some magic for the hitters.....they really look lost. 

I believe Coach Ketelhut is out of his league.  I'm not sure what is going on.  The girls look like they have no confidence at the plate.  They are watching too many strikes.  When they do swing at a pitch, the swings just look awkward.  Nobody is doing much but the bottom of the order needs to sit for a while and give others an opportunity.

I would tell them to get aggressive and swing early in the count. 

Archived