softball vs Florida

13 hours ago, around4ever said:

I don't understand the love for Maresette.  We have to have a better hitter/outfielder on the bench.  

Maresette is hitting .292 in SEC play, third best on the team.  Better than Veach, McCrackin (.213) or Taylon Snow.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I believe Coach Ketelhut is out of his league.  I'm not sure what is going on.  The girls look like they have no confidence at the plate.  They are watching too many strikes.  When they do swing at a pitch, the swings just look awkward.  Nobody is doing much but the bottom of the order needs to sit for a while and give others an opportunity.

I would tell them to get aggressive and swing early in the count. 

Agree in general....but they were facing one of the better pitchers in the nation which is some excuse for the stats ...but there no excuse for the tentative approach being taken when batting.   Furthermore,  those downright awful bunt efforts in an attempt to get a hit?     I'm all for getting on base any way you can...but that was pathetic.  . 

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

I believe Coach Ketelhut is out of his league.

I'm starting to think the entire coaching staff is out of its league, in over its head, whatever. It didn't take Florida's All-everything pitcher to shut us out. The Kentucky pitcher, who had been ordinary at best up until then, shut us out twice.

I hate this for the seniors in particular. They came here expecting to be a part of great things and instead they've had a front-row seat to one of the fastest crash and burn scenes in college sports. It's a sad way to end your college playing career.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm starting to think the entire coaching staff is out of its league, in over its head, whatever. It didn't take Florida's All-everything pitcher to shut us out. The Kentucky pitcher, who had been ordinary at best up until then, shut us out twice.

I hate this for the seniors in particular. They came here expecting to be a part of great things and instead they've had a front-row seat to one of the fastest crash and burn scenes in college sports. It's a sad way to end your college playing career.

Yep.....CMD should send half his paycheck to Megan Good each month....he got the job here on the back of her pitching skill at James Madison.   He did well with that program but was fortunate to have a dominant pitcher plus a heck of a hitter too....and guess he impressed AU folks when they beat us.   Two years might be too soon to make a decision but the program is in trouble..... 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Furthermore,  those downright awful bunt efforts in an attempt to get a hit?  

They’ve probably been practicing with our baseball team. 😅

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Kentucky has stepped up its game ..beat bama last night in t'town…..good win for them. ....

4 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Maresette is hitting .292 in SEC play, third best on the team.  Better than Veach, McCrackin (.213) or Taylon Snow.

It sure doesn't seem like it.  She has 5 hits in the last month.  But, in her defense, nobody has done much in the last month. 

The only thing worse than the umpires in this game was the play of our team. We have lost the "it" factor, and seem to be spiraling toward less than mediocre. Yet, some players are still hamming it up in front of the camera every time the opportunity presents itself. 

18 hours ago, around4ever said:

I don't understand the love for Maresette.

I don't either.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

to be shut out in softball in 3 out of the last 4 games, including a no hitter at home, tells me they are mentally now in a serious tailspin. It's up to the coaches to find a way to get these ladies over it. 

I'm concerned this coaching staff is just not a good fit to keep this proud program at the level Meyers brought them to. I understand losing our top pitcher is devastating to a softball team that relies so much on their Ace, but our hitting last year and now towards the end of this year is atrocious. 

Well bases loaded for AU and no joy.....neither team can seem to get a clutch hit....leaving runners on base waaay too often. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well bases loaded for AU and no joy.....neither team can seem to get a clutch hit....leaving runners on base waaay too often. 

Bases loaded without a hit. 

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Bases loaded without a hit. 

did not know that...mostly watching baseball and checking softball during the high spots.   Sure would be nice to have an outbreak of base hits from the girls.

So we are hitless for the last 10 innings now?    :no:

Do I see no hitters for both pitchers?   

Yes.  The scorer originally gave UF a hit but changed it to an E on Harris. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Do I see no hitters for both pitchers?   

Archived