Stidham to the Patriots

boisnumber1

See non-AU sports for more!

Hope he learns a lot behind Brady.  Could evolve into a real good thing for him.  

Im not a Pats fan at all (Go Steelers), but it’s hard to argue with Brady being an awesome mentor. 

13 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Hope he learns a lot behind Brady.  Could evolve into a real good thing for him.  

Im not a Pats fan at all (Go Steelers), but it’s hard to argue with Brady being an awesome mentor. 

Steelers hit it big with Snell.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Steelers hit it big with Snell.

was just telling my son the same thing. I always liked watching Snell run. He's a grinder, and will be a good strong runner for them.

16 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Go Steelers too! ..Stidhams going to learn a lot more from that organization...hope he hangs on. Pats have had 6-7 different QBs drafted after Brady...and none are still around. But its better to try to be his backup w Brady at 41, than in the past. lol..

4th round steal! Guy passes his way through Georgia and Alabama a season ago, and doesn’t go till the fourth round? Belichik does it again.

Belichek drafts brilliantly. BRILLIANTLY. N'Keal Harry is a Megatron type - got him at end of 1st. He sees the 1st round arm talent and field vision Stidham has. He's in the 4th because of his hall-of-fame-bad pocket presence. But hey, if Belichek and Brady can't teach Stidham to step up and have courage in the pocket, nobody will be able to.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots continue to explore possibilities to succeed Tom Brady in the future, as they selected Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham on Saturday in the fourth round of the NFL draft.

Stidham, the 133rd overall selection, was the seventh quarterback picked overall, following Kyler Murray (first overall, Cardinals), Daniel Jones(sixth, Giants), Dwayne Haskins (15th, Redskins), Drew Lock (42nd, Broncos), Will Grier (100th, Panthers) and Ryan Finley (104th, Bengals). That's similar to Brady, the 199th overall pick of the 2000 draft who saw six quarterbacks -- sometimes referred to as the "Brady 6" -- selected before him.

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

was just telling my son the same thing. I always liked watching Snell run. He's a grinder, and will be a good strong runner for them.

He is a traditional steeler type back . Glad he is with the steel curtain 

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

He sees the 1st round arm talent and field vision Stidham has. He's in the 4th because of his hall-of-fame-bad pocket presence. But hey, if Belichek and Brady can't teach Stidham to step up and have courage in the pocket, nobody will be able to.

Good point.  This is what a scout said on NFL.com about Stidham (but we already knew it):

"That was a really dysfunctional offense this year. The offensive line was bad, the receivers couldn't get open and the coaching was a big problem, I thought. He didn't play well, but he didn't get much help either." -- National scout for NFC team

Also Ryan Davis to the pats . Brady will love him . He has got every bit of quickness as eddleman . Great hands and hard worker . He will be a great addition for the pats 

24 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Also Ryan Davis to the pats . Brady will love him . He has got every bit of quickness as eddleman . Great hands and hard worker . He will be a great addition for the pats 

That could turn out to be a great match. RD is great after the catch!

19 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Awesome. 💯 good for him

I read Stidham’s quotes after he was picked and I have even more respect for JS than before. 

Not once did he say ANYTHING negative about Auburn or his coaches. He gave positive comments about his time here and what he learned. 

He could have complained, thrown coaches under the bus(excuse the pun) but he didn’t. 

Does he have flaws ..yes. Some are his own, some can be on how he was coached. As disappointed as he could be from being projected as a late first or second round pick after his first yr at AU. And having a poor second yr and dropping down to late fourth rd had to weigh on him. 

But he took the high road.  For that I’m proud he picked Auburn and can be claimed as a true Auburn man. 

So.... 

I just did a google search for "Jarrett Stidham" I wanted to see if there were more articles written about him today by the Pats media...

As I was scrolling down...

Look what I see...

Screenshot_20190428-123558.png

Screenshot_20190428-123605.png

Screenshot_20190428-123617.png

Screenshot_20190428-123623.png

Screenshot_20190428-123629.png

Screenshot_20190428-123639.png

21 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Belichek drafts brilliantly. BRILLIANTLY. 

Danny Etling 2018 (7)  LSU

Jacoby Brissett 2016 (3)  NC State

Jimmy Garoppolo 2014 (2)  Eastern Illinois

Ryan Mallett 2011 (3)  Arkansas

Zac Robinson 2010 (7)  Oklahoma State

Kevin O'Connell 2008 (3)  San Diego State

Matt Cassell 2005 (7)  USC

Klif Kingsbury 2003 (6)  Texas Tech

Rohan Davie 2002 (4)  LSU

5 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Danny Etling 2018 (7)  LSU

Jacoby Brissett 2016 (3)  NC State

Jimmy Garoppolo 2014 (2)  Eastern Illinois

Ryan Mallett 2011 (3)  Arkansas

Zac Robinson 2010 (7)  Oklahoma State

Kevin O'Connell 2008 (3)  San Diego State

Matt Cassell 2005 (7)  USC

Klif Kingsbury 2003 (6)  Texas Tech

Rohan Davie 2002 (4)  LSU

I really thought Mallett had a chance to be their next in line. Not sure if the post was derogatory towards the QBs he's drafted but Mallett threw for over 3k and 30TDs his 2 years at Arky. At 6'6 and the trend of bigger QBs I would've taken him

6 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Anyone who thinks I made this up is welcome to see for themselves. 

Google "Jarrett Stidham" scroll down and look for yourself. 

Heck...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Jarrett+Stidham

This is the greatest football related thing I've seen all off-season!

Archived