So is Ira Bowman ever coming back?

Gene Loblaw

Is he permanently fired or do people think his situation will eventually be resolved? 

His whole deal quickly became overshadowed by AU’s SEC tourney win and obviously the success in the Big Dance, but he is still technically on the staff but still indefinitely suspended.

i haven’t read any rumblings of any other potential hires to replace him but I’m curious when people think he’ll be back? I know they want to keep him bc he’s family friends with Sharife Cooper.

but I just find the whole situation odd since nothing has been resolved 

33 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Is he permanently fired or do people think his situation will eventually be resolved? 

His whole deal quickly became overshadowed by AU’s SEC tourney win and obviously the success in the Big Dance, but he is still technically on the staff but still indefinitely suspended.

i haven’t read any rumblings of any other potential hires to replace him but I’m curious when people think he’ll be back? I know they want to keep him bc he’s family friends with Sharife Cooper.

but I just find the whole situation odd since nothing has been resolved 

I think it was said awhile ago by a mod on 247 they are keeping it as quiet as possible now and they will never publicly address it and we will just be hiring a new assistant coach or promoting Pruitt from Director of Basketball Operations to a full time bench coach. 

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think it was said awhile ago by a mod on 247 they are keeping it as quiet as possible now and they will never publicly address it and we will just be hiring a new assistant coach or promoting Pruitt from Director of Basketball Operations to a full time bench coach. 

Huh. I feel like they’re just waiting it out and Bowman will just quietly be reinstated soon. Guess we’ll see

37 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Huh. I feel like they’re just waiting it out and Bowman will just quietly be reinstated soon. Guess we’ll see

I hope that is the case. Isn't Bowman our biggest in with Coop?

There’s not much info out for sure. Not the first time. What was the final result with Frankie Sullivan? Anyone??

Hell, I hope he's gone.  We need to distance ourselves from even the appearance of impropriety.

There are a lot of really good coaches out there. Let's go get one not under investigation for a college bribery scandal. 

lol yup he's done.

Thanks for your work this season, Coach Bowman. I genuinely hope you avoid spending any time in the booty house

11 hours ago, Tiger said:

lol yup he's done.

Thanks for your work this season, Coach Bowman. I genuinely hope you avoid spending any time in the booty house

Hooks said in reply to a Hokanson tweet that we will likely keep him...

https://mobile.twitter.com/_JHokanson/status/1123410942535053313

13 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Hooks said in reply to a Hokanson tweet that we will likely keep him...

https://mobile.twitter.com/_JHokanson/status/1123410942535053313

I really don't know how good of a recruiter he is, since he hasn't worked on staff even for a year now. 

But reluctantly, I will be ok with it, since our AD I am sure really evaluated his current situation/accusation of being involved in the Penn recruiting  scandal.

But i would rather of cut ties with him...regardless of his innocence...otherwise the accusation will follow Pearl and his team in the future media articles...that is a given.

58 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I really don't know how good of a recruiter he is, since he hasn't worked on staff even for a year now. 

But reluctantly, I will be ok with it, since our AD I am sure really evaluated his current situation/accusation of being involved in the Penn recruiting  scandal.

But i would rather of cut ties with him...regardless of his innocence...otherwise the accusation will follow Pearl and his team in the future media articles...that is a given.

I agree....not saying i know enough about the situation to say if he really did anything wrong but if the keep him they better be prepared to answer hard question about why they decided to keep him. And the answer better be more then he has connections to Sharif

Honestly, I don't know enough about him to know how to feel about whether I want him to stay or not. I would lean toward trusting what Coach Pearl wants to do, because I've fairly well hitched my basketball wagon to him. Bruce knows the questions that would follow if he keeps the guy around, and if he thinks it's worth it, then I'm sure he has more redeeming values than simply a connection to a highly coveted recruit. Personally, I think Cooper comes to Auburn either way, whether he reclassifies or not.

So yeah, at this point, I'm all in on Pearl. He's taken our program to heights never before attained at Auburn, and he did so without letting the FBI deal ruin all he's built. I suppose the 2019-2020 season might be the true measuring point as to how much that scandal might have set us back in the long term, seeing as we are losing three players who were here before all of that went down, all three of whom played huge roles in both SEC Championship seasons (and, of course, the run to the Final 4), but all indications are that we will remain in good shape going forward.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived