Dunbar trying out as a NFL Tight End

steeleagle

I saw one report that Malik Dunbar was invited to try out at TE with the Baltimore Ravens? Can anyone confirm this?

I remember some of us making comments on this board the last couple of years that Dunbar had a good physique for a athletic TE. We thought he should have tried out with the Tiger football team going into his last year here...

I just can't see him making it...given he has never played the position, even in HS, I think...but I am intrigued if he does give it go...

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I saw one report that Malik Dunbar was invited to try out at TE with the Baltimore Ravens? Can anyone confirm this?

I remember some of us making comments on this board the last couple of years that Dunbar had a good physique for a athletic TE. We thought he should have tried out with the Tiger football team going into his last year here...

I just can't see him making it...given he has never played the position, even in HS, I think...but I am intrigued if he does give it go...

Link?

LOL you got a better chance of being an NFL tight end playing for Bruce Pearl than you do playing for Gus!

40 minutes ago, alexava said:

What does he have to lose? What is his weight?  

6'6 230. Could probably afford to put on about 5-10 more pounds.

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Dunbar is fast and has great hops if he can learn route running and can catch he just might make it. It is worth a shot. More Power to him.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

He was one of my favorite players. Effort wise, I never questioned him. Seems like a good teammate and likable guy too. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

LOL you got a better chance of being an NFL tight end playing for Bruce Pearl than you do playing for Gus!

that is brutal ... might be the truth ... but brutal!

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

The next Tony G...😅

He has the athletic tools, best of luck.

Many basketball players have tried Tony G’s path. Blocking is usually the biggest obstacle.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

The next Tony G...😅

He has the athletic tools, best of luck.

Jimmy Graham was primarily a hoops guy, too, right? They're out there for sure. 

Jimmy Graham isn't much of a blocker so maybe he can be of that mold. He certainly is bouncy like Jimmy was at Miami on the hardwood, but Malik is a much smoother athlete it feels like. Might be recency bias though.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Jimmy Graham was primarily a hoops guy, too, right? They're out there for sure. 

beat me to it by a literal second!

Just now, Tiger said:

beat me to it by a literal second!

Except yours didn't end in a question mark and actually offered some real info. 

Point to Tiger!

Besides the ones who have been mentioned in here ( Jimmy G and Tony G) Julius Thomas, Rico Gathers, Antonio Gates and Darren Fells all were College basketball players by trade who went on to become NFL Tight Ends. It would be amazing if Malik became a stud TE. It expands BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE recruiting pitch even further!!!! lol 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Off the top of my head besides the ones who have been mentioned in here ( Jimmy G and Tony G) Julius Thomas, Rico Gathers, Antonio Gates and Darren Fells all were College basketball players by trade who went on to become NFL Tight Ends. 

Hey @Tiger, look at GWilly flexing on us, gosh

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Hey @Tiger, look at GWilly flexing on us, gosh

lol YAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!! let me break out the gun show for ya!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!! HOW YA LIKE ME NOW?!?! LETS GOO!!!!!!!! Try to top that! hahaha. 

little giants.gif

tim.gif

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol YAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!! let me break out the gun show for ya!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!! HOW YA LIKE ME NOW?!?! LETS GOO!!!!!!!! Try to top that! hahaha. 

little giants.gif

tim.gif

Image result for fainting gif

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Image result for fainting gif

gomer.gif

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

gomer.gif

You guys havea gift with making this old man laugh with todays technology.😂

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

little giants.gif

tim.gif

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

giphy.gif

HAHAHAAHAHHA I AM ALL OUT OF LIKES but you and @McLoofus have a lot of likes coming your way later on!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!

• WarTiger changed the title to Dunbar trying out as a NFL Tight End

If he can catch he'd make alot of money. Julius peppers is my favorite two sport star....I don't know if Terrell Owens played officially for Chattanooga. I think he may have though. I always wondered why you don't see more guys go from basketball to D end

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

You guys havea gift with making this old man laugh with todays technology.😂

Don’t encourage them! 😝 

13 minutes ago, toddc said:

Don’t encourage them! 😝 

Lol I dont do social media so it never gets old for me😂..........my advancement ended when JVC created a 12 disc cd changer........I just knew it couldn't be topped😂

Archived