Bama game 3

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Julien, Davis, Williams, and Holland are now 9-15 on the day with a HR and two doubles. That’s awesome news. 

Make that 10-16 with 2 HR! Perfect time for them to get hot! Can you imagine this lineup with those 4 getting hot with Ward and Bliss being consistent all year with Burns and Owen coming back strong. 😍

no doubt that was gone if it was fair....must have hit the buildings back of the RF wall......

It’s  been fun to see some of these players have some big moments again. It would be nice to have our big guns all get hot for UGA next week. 

NICE! Strike-out for out 3!!!

It's Great to be an Auburn Tiger any day......but it's even better when Auburn beats bammer!! WDE!!!!

We just flat out needed that one. Please please please tell me this is the game our big guns needed to get going! Hope Burns can go next week. We’ll need him for sure. If we get him back and our big 3 hitters finally going at the same time, we are a dangerous team in the postseason. 

Need to beat UAB and then at least go 3-3 in the last 2 series to guarantee a spot in the NCAA tourney....

3 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Please please please tell me this is the game our big guns needed to get going! 

Williams went from looking like absolute dog s*** on the three pitch strike out in the seventh to the guy with the most beautiful swing in college baseball in the eighth.  Gabe's just got to get him stay in on pitches like the no doubter....

Much needed series win.....but this was a sweep in the making. Hate Cody got hurried into that blown save on Saturday night/ Sunday morning. 

18 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

Need to beat UAB and then at least go 3-3 in the last 2 series to guarantee a spot in the NCAA tourney....

Not so sure about that one. 2-4 would put us at 14-16. An RPI in the teens will have us in easily. 1-5 may even do the trick. I'd like to go 6-0 and get a host bid....

26 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not so sure about that one. 2-4 would put us at 14-16. An RPI in the teens will have us in easily. 1-5 may even do the trick. I'd like to go 6-0 and get a host bid....

The Needs Report says this about keeping our RPI in the Top 16 (this is just an estimate).

Top 16:

2 home wins, 3 road wins
3 home wins, 2 road wins
4 home wins, 1 road wins
5 home wins, 0 road wins

So, we likely need to win 2 from UGA along with the 2 midweek games and take 1 at LSU to stay in the top 16. Doable, but I don't think we stay in the top 16 with a 2-4 SEC finish. That probably puts us in the 20-24 range. 14-16 should still get us in the tournament with our RPI. 15-15 definitely gets us in. 16-14 with a series win in Baton Rogue gets us in the host conversation. 17-13 probably gets us a host spot.

9 minutes ago, boomstick said:

The Needs Report says this about keeping our RPI in the Top 16 (this is just an estimate).

Top 16:

2 home wins, 3 road wins
3 home wins, 2 road wins
4 home wins, 1 road wins
5 home wins, 0 road wins

So, we likely need to win 2 from UGA along with the 2 midweek games and take 1 at LSU to stay in the top 16. Doable, but I don't think we stay in the top 16 with a 2-4 SEC finish. That probably puts us in the 20-24 range. 14-16 should still get us in the tournament with our RPI. 15-15 definitely gets us in. 16-14 with a series win in Baton Rogue gets us in the host conversation. 17-13 probably gets us a host spot.

Let's take the scenario that AU gets one in each series from here on out and goes 2-4 in SEC, plus we assume midweek wins as well. That will give us 33-22 (14-16 SEC), RPI 20-24 by Needs Report estimates. Sure, we would probably not host then, but we'll be in the tournament pretty easily with those numbers. That's why I say 1-5 might even do the trick. In that scenario, we'd be 32-23 (13-17 SEC) with an RPI around 25 and a top 5 strength of schedule. Our RPI and SOS are both in phenomenal shape, it will take a meltdown of epic proportions to leave us out. Would love to see us absolutely come alive these last few weekends and get a host spot. 

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Let's take the scenario that AU gets one in each series from here on out and goes 2-4 in SEC, plus we assume midweek wins as well. That will give us 33-22 (14-16 SEC), RPI 20-24 by Needs Report estimates. Sure, we would probably not host then, but we'll be in the tournament pretty easily with those numbers. That's why I say 1-5 might even do the trick. In that scenario, we'd be 32-23 (13-17 SEC) with an RPI around 25 and a top 5 strength of schedule. Our RPI and SOS are both in phenomenal shape, it will take a meltdown of epic proportions to leave us out. Would love to see us absolutely come alive these last few weekends and get a host spot. 

I agree on 14-16. We're in at that mark. I think we're one of the last teams in the field if we get in at 13-17. Even with the strong SOS and decent RPI, our raw numbers against top competition starts to really look bad. And if you're 13-17 in conference and flirting with a 30 RPI, I think you're in danger of getting left out. At 13-17, we'd need to win a couple games in Hoover. It took aTm winning 3 games last year to get them into a regional after finishing 13-17 in conference play.

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Would love to see us absolutely come alive these last few weekends and get a host spot. 

That last game with bama was the most encouraging thing I've seen in more than a month.....Owen back on a gradual basis and looks like a couple of the hitters rediscovered their stroke.  Just need Burns ready ..if not this week, then for the final series.  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

That last game with bama was the most encouraging thing I've seen in more than a month.....Owen back on a gradual basis and looks like a couple of the hitters rediscovered their stroke.  Just need Burns ready ..if not this week, then for the final series.  

News on Burns is good. Don’t have an exact link, but Butch has now said twice that it will be good to have Burns back next wknd 

3 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

News on Burns is good. Don’t have an exact link, but Butch has now said twice that it will be good to have Burns back next wknd 

He said either yesterday afternoon postgame or this morning with Andy Burcham that Tanner threw a bullpen Sunday and is in line to start this weekend, and I think he said that Tanner would throw the second game this weekend. I’ll have to go back and listen to that. 

Edit: just found the interview. He definitely said Jack Friday, Tanner Saturday.  

Archived