SEC Softball Tournament

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

They didn’t have a ton of hits yesterday but they did make pretty good contact fairly often.  There are a couple kids struggling but I’d say most of the lineup seemed fairly locked in.  We had a few solid line drives caught at first and third.

Just an observation...….of the seven games completed to date the margin of victory has been 3 runs or less in 6 of those games with a margin of 5 runs in the Ol' Miss/MS game.  Appears  pitching is ruling the day, for the most part.  At this time I notice KY up by 7 over the Rebs who have 2 errors and only in bottom of 3rd.  They had 3 errors vs Mississippi State.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game defensively, and we scored enough to win. We're going to have to put more runs on the board in order to beat Florida, IMO.

Not necessarily. Florida is last in batting avg in the conference and have scored less than we have. If Harris is pitching and she pitches anywhere close to how she pitched the first game, then we just need to score about 3 runs like we have been.

If Harris is off, then we are in trouble as FL has a very good ERA compared to ours... 

OOOPS...missed the first inning but see that UF is leading 2-0.....in bottom of the second.   Harris is in the circle....

OK..three up and three down for UF

See that UF has two runs and one hit.....sounds like that first inning was kind of shaky for AU but CH looked good in this inning.

Just need some hitting ...

Barnhill pitching is she is smoking it.....AU batters a bit timid....

Podany with a nice double but next batter lined to center and after three turns at bat....AU still down 2-0

Harris pitching from behind today.....lots of 3 ball counts....and UF has a couple hits and another run comes home and two on base.

Harris slipped on a pitch a couple batters ago and seems to be having some problems....and Looks like Handley is coming in to pitch. 

OK....got out of that with only one run...so AU down 3-0 and hope the bats warm up....got a couple solid shots off Barnhill last inning but no joy....so hoping we have her timed a bit better now. 

Getting contact this inning.....single and fly ball out but unfortunately Veach slams into a 5-4-3 double play to end the inning. 

At least they are being more aggressive at the plate....hope that turns into runs soon....bottom of 4th

well got to go pick up my wifey at the airport in Greenville so will be on my way.....hoping to find good news when I get back...

They are running into a buzz saw. Barnhill is all that and continues her domination of our gals.

3-0 UF top 6.

Barnhill has no hit us and 1 hit us this year.

A bit surprised that Walton pitched Barnhill again.  He must be serious about winning the tourney this year.  In most past years, Florida had already won the regular season title. and didn't seem to care too much about the tournament.  Walton normally saved his ace for the final.

14 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

A bit surprised that Walton pitched Barnhill again.  He must be serious about winning the tourney this year.  In most past years, Florida had already won the regular season title. and didn't seem to care too much about the tournament.  Walton normally saved his ace for the final.

I suppose with Harris pitching he wanted to make sure. We have not scored very much so I would have taken my chances with the 2nd pitcher and saved Barnhill.  They will likely need Barnhill for either team that they face next. 

uat leading 6-0 after two.

A bit off topic, perhaps, but has anyone else had trouble logging on to Trackem Tigers?  I got logged off somehow and can't seem to log back on.  

2 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

From some discussion I heard on the radio their goal is hosting a super regional....and the feeling is they need to go all the way in the SEC tournament to be sure of that. 

uat just jumped on UK and is up 6-3  so looks like UF and uat will be the final tomorrow.  I remember when Paige Parker pitched about 300+ pitches one weekend for Oklahoma against us so seems that for the most part, these softball pitchers have no limit...

South Carolina could have saved us - they led the Gators 5-2 going to bot 7 - but blew it.  I think we could have beaten the Gamecocks, the way we were playing in the first two games.

11 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

South Carolina could have saved us - they led the Gators 5-2 going to bot 7 - but blew it.  I think we could have beaten the Gamecocks, the way we were playing in the first two games.

Although LSU would have likely beaten South Carolina as well. Oh well go Gators today lol

30 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Although LSU would have likely beaten South Carolina as well. Oh well go Gators today lol

True; but LSU doesn't have a pitcher like Barnhill.  Pulling for the lizards today as well.

17 hours ago, AU64 said:

From some discussion I heard on the radio their goal is hosting a super regional....and the feeling is they need to go all the way in the SEC tournament to be sure of that. 

uat just jumped on UK and is up 6-3  so looks like UF and uat will be the final tomorrow.  I remember when Paige Parker pitched about 300+ pitches one weekend for Oklahoma against us so seems that for the most part, these softball pitchers have no limit...

I've learned over the years that you only need one dominating pitcher and you can win a NC in softball.

I agree Stillwater looks like the most likely spot.  Their most recent RPI is 12.  FSU has a 5 RPI and will draw someone below us as their 2 seed.   Northwestern is 11 and would be a good candidate, but there is a question as to whether they host at all, due to not having permanent lights.  Minnesota at 8 is a possibility, but again I would expect them to get someone below us.  Despite Louisiana's 47-4 record, their RPI is only 18.  If Northwestern can't host, the Cajuns might have a chance, and we might get sent to Lafayette.  All this is JMO.

Edit:  Here's a link to the RPI listing.  http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post/week-8-rpi-10126145?&trail=30

Noticed on the Twitter page that Podany and Swindle made the all-tournament team, with Barnhill being the MVP.  I'd say she deserved it.

Archived